Darkstalker

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

That Wolverine #6 cover...

Post by Maelstrom »

It could be that this takes place several months ago, when Kurt was still in training or something. Does anyone know the timeline for this piece? Is it current or past?
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

I'm guessing Wolv. 6 had to have been at least a year or so ago as far as timeline is concerned, which at Marvel it doesn't seem to be a concern lately :rolleyes, [spoiler]since Kurt seems to be doing his whole consoling priest act again and wearing his image induced priest getup, which he hasn’t done in ages.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]They really should have titled this issue “Logan Has A Lot Of Beer While Kurt Talks” since that’s, in effect, all that happened. Kurt also seemed way too self-conscious about his looks this issue, considering he really was suppose to have gotten over that YEARS ago; bringing back that image inducer was one of the worst things they ever did to Kurt right along side making him a priest. I mean aren’t there suppose to be enough mutants in the X-universe now days that Kurt’s actually one of the least strange looking ones anymore? He puts on some dark sunglasses, a hat and some shoes and he could probably run around town just fine without anybody making a fuss. The art wasn’t anything special to look at really IMO, Kurt’s poor hair was WAY to straight though it was funny to see him eating peanuts with his tail. The only real shot I liked what the second to last page or so when they were walking out of the bar and Kurt’s standing in the rain in that trenchcoat. That was pretty sweet. But it didn't make up for the fact that I was still terribly disappointed when Kurt wasn't nude in the issue at all. :( If that was what you were hoping for I'd just save your money.[/spoiler]
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by Dracadancer
But it didn't make up for the fact that I was still terribly disappointed when Kurt wasn't nude in the issue at all. :( If that was what you were hoping for I'd just save your money.
Well, yeah, that was what I was hoping for, but the cover is so nice I'll get it anyway.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I pretty much figured the cover was just to get people to buy it, and maybe drawing on Nightcrawler's current increased popularity.

But If someone were to give us a synopsis using spoiler tags, I would much appreciate it. :D

Guess I'm just curious. It's hard to get comic books in my small town (Our only store closed last year) I can't find this issue anywhere.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Is it out already? I thought it was supposed to be a November issue. I wasn't terribly impressed by the art in the preview I saw, but I'll probably buy it anyway just because I like Kurt and Logan together. If it's out already I'll have to hit the local comic shop this weekend.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

I just added a spoiler tag in Dracadancer's post ;)
And yes the issue is out, i guess it was out this week.
I still wanna read it, to see if i would like it or not, why not? ;) maybe i can like it, everything can happen.
And to buying the comic just because you were expecting to see Nighty neekid? erm..i will never do that, hahaha if i wanna see neekid men then i will buy the Playgirl :p
Of course I have hopes i won't gonna lie, but its not my priority.

And i agree with BamfChyck!, that cover is worth to buy it.
Tengu Aberdeen
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Tengu Aberdeen »

Everybody looking at the cover is collectively saying:

DAMMIT, KURT!! TURN AROUND!!!

:yell
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf_Girl »

*Snorts* *Sigh* Wish I had the money, I love Wolvie...I love Nighty.... an issue about the two of them *Steeples fingers* Excellent
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

Whoop. :oops Sorry about not useing spoiler tags first time round. Thanks for fixin' that Armi. I guess I figured I wasn't really giving anything much away since [spoiler] not much really happened in the issue anyway. ;) Here's a real spoiler though, the issue may not have naked Kurt in it but if your the type who likes the really short, hairy, naked guys you shouldn't be too dissapointed. That's all I have to say about that though. [/spoiler] :smirk
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Draca, you evil tease :p. I put this on hold along with X-treme 32 at my comic shop, but I have yet to go and pick them up :(. Huh, thanks for reminding me to do that.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

My shop doesn't have the darn thing in yet! I'm starting to get really irritated with the place. I usually can't get anything until after everyone's been talking about it for a few days. Darn it, I want my boys!
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by taekwondodo
My shop doesn't have the darn thing in yet! I'm starting to get really irritated with the place. I usually can't get anything until after everyone's been talking about it for a few days. Darn it, I want my boys!
Um.. I thought it didn't come out until the 22nd? Though I'm probably wrong and it came out on the 15th :p Either way I'm covered, it's on my pull list at my local shop!
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Nightfollower »

1) The Wolvie #6 cover KICKS ASS.

2) The Wolvie #6 story KICKS ASS.

I just wish he was nekky in the story just as he was on the cover *drool*

And I LOVE the way he eats peanuts with his tail!

Rock. On. !!! :D
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Nightfollower
1) The Wolvie #6 cover KICKS ASS.

2) The Wolvie #6 story KICKS ASS.

I just wish he was nekky in the story just as he was on the cover *drool*

Rock. On. !!! :D

I concur. Nighty eating peanuts with his tail was cute. But you forgot to mention he pours with his tail too! I'd love for him to be my bartender at a party. That tail would come in handy.:D
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*pictures Nightcrawler along with Brian Brown in Cocktail*

move over Tom Cruise!! lol, i can just picture Nighty making drinks and stuff with his tail.... heh
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Nightfollower
Eats peanuts with his tail?

KINKY. :naughty

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Nightgamer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightgamer »

the cover looks like (i dontknow the age group of this, so im gonna put some stuff in spoilers) [spoiler] to me, judging by wolvie's expression, wolvies saying "look, kid, i dont care how much viagara u chug, im not impressed." now u know y i put this in spoiler tags. [/spoiler] wow, maybe posting while tired is dangerous...
:icey acolyte of iceman :icey
:kiwi acolyte of kiwi :kiwi
:avalanche avalanche is cool too :avalanche

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass :bamf(CCCC) Member #35 :bamf
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nightgamer

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Originally posted by Nightgamer
the cover looks like (i dontknow the age group of this, so im gonna put some stuff in spoilers) [spoiler] to me, judging by wolvie's expression, wolvies saying "look, kid, i dont care how much viagara u chug, im not impressed." now u know y i put this in spoiler tags. [/spoiler] wow, maybe posting while tired is dangerous...
Check this out!
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Yay! Finally got it. The art inside isn't nearly as good as the art on the cover. Nighty looks kind of like a Stan Laurel wannabe (he was the skinny one, right?) what with the long face and big chin. Cute story too.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by taekwondodo
Yay! Finally got it. The art inside isn't nearly as good as the art on the cover. Nighty looks kind of like a Stan Laurel wannabe (he was the skinny one, right?) what with the long face and big chin. Cute story too.

Don't tell me you didn't know which one was Nighty? :hide ok...you meant Stan Laurel right? :LOL ok...gotcha!:D
Nightgamer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightgamer »

heh...a guy who doesnt kno nighty in a nighty shrine....hed be shot...hehehh.........northstarslove, i gotta ask u a question, seeing as how u kno the most aobut northstar and all, and im posting anyway, and i dont think i had enuf characters...his new costume suX. thats my question
:icey acolyte of iceman :icey
:kiwi acolyte of kiwi :kiwi
:avalanche avalanche is cool too :avalanche

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass :bamf(CCCC) Member #35 :bamf
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mistress D »

God darnit! I can't get any comics in this durn town! The only place I can find 'em is borders, and all the comics are stuff that confuses me, like side stories and alternate realities and stuff, and they also have a huuuuuge advertisement on every other page. o_o Please forgive my incoherent rambling, I just had to get that off my chest...... Anybody know where I can buy this Wolverine 6? I only want it for the cover and the eatin' peanuts scene I hear so much about. :D
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

My store was out of #6!!! :bawl
*sends spirits of dead relatives to haunt local comic shop*
I asked and they said they will get another shipment in a couple weeks...so...yay.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mistress D »

Yeah, Ebay would work, but it just seems like a lot of bother... -_- I've had bad experiences with Ebay in the past, and I just prefer not to take my chances now...
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!