Question about Ultimate Kurt?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

I've been reading Ultimate X-Men for awhile now and I'm determined to read them in order, so I've been buying the volumes.

I've just finished World Tour, which is volume 3. It ends up with the 2 comics that introduce Gambit.

I was just wondering if Kurt ever makes a reappearence? Don't tell me how, I just want to know if her does? I really miss him. So far for me he was only in the Return to Weapon X series.

If someone could answer this for me it would be greatly appreciated!
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

Yes, Kurt does reappear... but it's not until return of the king arc... :(
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Oh, well, thank you. I was going to continue buying Ultimate anyway, I love the storyline. But I'll miss dear Kurt.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

I think he later appears as a captive in some camp with the Professor, and then joins up with him at the Mansion!!! :love

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Return of the King like Entropy says :D its a seven issues arc... i dunno if he appears in everything i only have the first issue :(
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

He was seen most in the first issue...#27 if I remember rightly...but he had a few pannels in every issue of the arc after that (nasty SHIELD tortured him for information)...and at the end he went back to the mansion with the others...we don't know for sure if he's actually a student or an X-Man at the moment and we won't find out any time soon 'cos the new writter decided the fans would all just love to see six months of Wolverine and Spider-Man instead...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by Nandireya
...we don't know for sure if he's actually a student or an X-Man at the moment and we won't find out any time soon 'cos the new writter decided the fans would all just love to see six months of Wolverine and Spider-Man instead...
Major bummage. I want Nighty. And I just broke down and subscribed to that book too, just b/c I figured Nighty was gonna be in it again and I loved how they did him in the Weapon X stuff.
:(
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

Since we're talking about Ultimate Kurt here, how did the guys at eapon X give him orders, if he wasn't able to understand them? And how did he learn english so fast? In return of the king, He's pretty fluent for a guy who's never studied english
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

I'm guessing that Weapon X had someone that could speak German to translate the orders... maybe they just used babelfish and printed out what they wanted him to do...

And Moira says he learned English from watching TV...

Personally, I like to think maybe Jean slipped a little english in there telepathically.
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TheSpike »

I'm guessing that Weapon X had someone that could speak German to translate the orders... maybe they just used babelfish and printed out what they wanted him to do...
Maybe, but I recall Kurt telling Jean how happy he was just being able to talk to someone...
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Yeah I know, but he could have meant someone to talk to besides having a military translator yell "bypass the security of this facility for us or we'll burn the soles of your feet!" at him.
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Magic Rabbit »

Originally posted by Garble

And Moira says he learned English from watching TV...

Personally, I like to think maybe Jean slipped a little english in there telepathically.
I thought the TV English was a bit of a cop-out. I would have much prefered that Jean telepathically taught him English, but I see how that would have been difficult within that story arc. I was hoping, though that Kurt would have arrived at Xavier's not speaking much, if any, English.
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Looks like we haven't seen the last of ultiNightie yet... http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... xmen39.htm :ultimate
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

SQUEE!! *gives :ultimate a big, wet :kiss* I loves him so much; the tortured types are so very loveable. :love

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.