Kurt's tongue

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's tongue

Post by Dracadancer »

Considering Kurt's line of work though there wouldn't be anywhere he could hide the scars from view completely if he was preforming totally random scarring. If they weren't so artistic and more on the line of tattoos then of scars people might just think Kurt had some kind of weird S&M fetish, which wouldn't do well for his career.

I'd agree that a lot of thought probably went into his selection of the angelic alphabet because if the scars were meant to represent his sins each time he looked at himself in the mirror he could easily say, "This scar is for this sin and that scar is for that sin..." since the point would be to remember the pain of the scarring and use that as a deterrent to preforming the sins again. The finely-crafted scars would have taken more time that just a quick random uneven scarring would have been and the pain of the act would have been longer and more drawn out with the more artistic scars. Plus there would be a great deal of pain involved in the scarring process either way since it does take a fairly deep cut to actually produce a scar in the first place.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's tongue

Post by Siona »

Good point, seeing as how the tats looked about fingernail-deep. :X

Another thing about the tats: they're raised. Look at them, and they are slightly higher than the untouched skin.

I remember seeing something on Discovery Channel about some African tribes putting charcoal or somethin' in their own tattoos and markings to raise them up and to make them stand out more.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's tongue

Post by Maelstrom »

I don't think the cuts are that deep: maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch at deepest. However, in order for a scar to form, you must introduce a (hopefully sterile) irritant into the wound. This is often charcoal, but it can also be indigo. Those of African descent are more prone to scarring ( "keloids" ), but they still rub the irritant in to make sure.

Kurt would do the same thing. Every one of those fine lines must have had an irritant rubbed in to ensure scarring. Those with dark skin don't do "tatoos" because it won't show up: the culture prefers scarring. As for Caucasians and those with light skin, scarring doesn't occurr readily, but the inks show vividly, so tattoos are preferred.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's tongue

Post by NightFlight »

According to one of the personal stories on BMEZine, the irritant used was a combination of lemon juice, sugar and Vaseline, rubbed into the wound at least twice a day, starting on the fourth day after cutting and continuing on until the tenth day.
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's tongue

Post by Dracadancer »

He's rubbing lemon juice in open wounds? Ouch! I'd call that painful enough to be considered some kind of penitence. :
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's tongue

Post by Maelstrom »

I've been reading the "personal stories" on BMEZine. Though I don't agree with all of the views expressed, they're fascinating to see. It gives an interesting twist to the countless reasons people do body modification. I was especially touched by one story, done by someone who claimed he was "taking control of a body that everyone else considered ugly". Rather telling. If you've got a little time, just click on the link NightFlight gave in his earlier post and read through the personal accounts. It gives Kurt's scarring a whole new dimension.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's tongue

Post by NightFlight »

Originally posted by Dracadancer
He's rubbing lemon juice in open wounds? Ouch! I'd call that painful enough to be considered some kind of penitence. :
I don't mean that Kurt is doing that. Someone else that had scarification done did it that way.

Oh, and one thing I noticed about many of the personal stories on BMEZine, was how many of them had unhappy pasts, in many cases they were into "cutting" but then overcame their personal demons and then decided to have something beautiful done to mark the end of an unhappy chapter and the beginning of a better one.

Oh, BTW Maelstrom I'm a she. :oops
very much alive
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's tongue

Post by Maelstrom »

:oops Sorry 'bout that, NightFlight. You can never tell someone's sex over the internet. :oops I'll remember that for future reference.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's tongue

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
:oops Sorry 'bout that, NightFlight. You can never tell someone's sex over the internet. :oops I'll remember that for future reference.
*rolls eyes* And most of us have avatars that don't really reflect on our looks/gender, you know? So they're nothing to go by... Most of us have Nightcrawler anyway... (a good thing :D)

Oh, and while I'm on the subject...NightFlight, did you make yours? ...your avatar, I mean. If you didn't, can you tell me where you got it? :P

(Oh, and for the record, yes, I am a girl. :rolleyes)

*is taken away by a mob of :offtopic smilies*
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Tergon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's tongue

Post by Tergon »

With a twin...
:D

_gets slapped by censor_

What? I didn't actually SAY it...
"All empires fall. You just have to know where to push."
- Jebediah Radec
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's tongue

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by Tergon
With a twin...

_gets slapped by censor_

What? I didn't actually SAY it...
*escapes :offtopic smilies briefly* ...What is that supposed to mean, Tergon?

...I have no idea what you would have typed, but...Yes, I do have a twin. Known usually as x-silver-saffire-x on the internet, or as DanFred on Internutter.org... her name is Danielle, and she's ten minutes older (and twenty-five pounds heavier ;)) than me. She really boosts my self-esteem sometimes.

*the :offtopic smilies drag Beboots back to their bottomless abyss where dwells the others who enjoy being regularilly off-topic*

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's tongue

Post by NightFlight »

There's a website at southparkstudios.com where you can play a flash game and design your own SouthPark character, but it's very limited. I had to do a LOT of customization using Photoshop, and Imageready to assemble the animation. I decided to add the BAMFing effect today.

I did make a SouthPark Wolvie, you can see him here
very much alive
Tergon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's tongue

Post by Tergon »

More of a private joke, actually...

There's a pair of twins that went to the same school as me, and we used to joke that they were dating the same guy and interchanging when one got tired. Innuendo being that twins tend to play nasty little games like that.
Not that you're nasty, more that I'm an idiot with a rather perverted mind...

Really, I'm sure you and DanFred are decent people...
_sniggers uncontrollably_
Sorry, sorry... couldn't help it...
"All empires fall. You just have to know where to push."
- Jebediah Radec
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's tongue

Post by TheSpike »

Oh, Nightflight, I made a South Park Wolvie too, bu I later edited him so he would have the weird canadian head and eyes... Ya know, like terrance and philip...
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Kurt's tongue

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
Chow-chow dogs also have blue/black tongues. However, I don't know very many other things that way. Every primate has a pink tongue. As for humans, it doesn't matter what color their skin is: the tongue is always pink. Therefore, I believe Kurt's tongue would be pink just on that evidence. That, and I've seen a few shots of him in the comics, and all the colorists have his tongue as being pink or red, just like everyone else's.
Yeah, I think it's pink too, but (ya knew there had to be a but) all humans have light colored palms regardless of skin color but Nighty has blue palms no? So he might have a blue tongue too, esp. since blue tongues aren't unheard of in nature. I still think it's pink though.

As for the scars, I can much more easily see them as a way to make a body he doesn't (or didn't at one time) like beautiful in a way he has control over than as penance for actual sins. I imagine tatooing isn't all that uncommon in the circus (could be wrong and perpetuating a stereotype, but...) and he could have grown up seeing that and wanting to be able to decorate himself but had to settle for scarification since tats wouldn't be an option w/his skin. The angelic symbols would be a good choice of decor since he couldn't do much in the way of traditional pictures that would show up or look flattering against his skin and these actually have significance and meaning rather than the meaningless beauty of random geometric designs or the like.
Or, hey, he could just be into pain (but I hope not).
TKD
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's tongue

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by taekwondodo

Yeah, I think it's pink too, but (ya knew there had to be a but) all humans have light colored palms regardless of skin color but Nighty has blue palms no? So he might have a blue tongue too, esp. since blue tongues aren't unheard of in nature. I still think it's pink though.
...Thanks for getting us back on topic, TKD. :X Now, then... *points to topic title, where it says 'Kurt's Tongue'. Anybody else got opinions? :?

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's tongue

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by Beboots
*the :offtopic smilies drag Beboots back to their bottomless abyss where dwells the others who enjoy being regularilly off-topic*
Hey! *slaps Beboots on the back* How ya doin' bub? Want a drink? :beer

The Wolvie SP is TOO CUTE!! I especially like the look on his face, kinda like "Whatcha gonna do 'bout it, bub?" :LOL

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's tongue

Post by BamfChyck »

I've been trying to write an appropriate response here but I just can't seem to keep it PG and I'm trying so hard to keep all my posts PG (or PG-13 at least) because of all the young'uns here but somehow the subject of Kurt's tongue just isn't a PG topic for me.
*whines*
Hasn't been for years.
kay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's tongue

Post by kay »

I so agree...his togue is definately x-rated material...:halogrin

:D Well, at least the topic of him having a hairy togue has been left far behind :p
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's tongue

Post by rockstar »

i think his tongue would be pink. he mouth would probably be like a normal person's. He has blue fur, a tail, and a flexible spine. That's all they say about his physical mutation.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Shoshin
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's tongue

Post by Shoshin »

I remember seeing Kurt with a blue tongue in X men Unlimited.

I've also seen pictures of hairy tongues. It isn't pretty. I can probably come up with a link if anybody's interested.
Keeper of weird & interesting links :D
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's tongue

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Shoshin
I've also seen pictures of hairy tongues. It isn't pretty. I can probably come up with a link if anybody's interested.
Oh, dear God, please no. :shocked I'm as much into medical oddities as anyone else, but a hairy tongue is about as sexy as ass pimples.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's tongue

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I agree with Maelstrom, no need to see anything inside anyone's mouth, especially something that's hairy. Makes me want to gag just thinking about it.

*shudders* I was hoping this hairy-tongue thing had been buried already.

If you want to talk about Kurt's tongue, we could resurrect the discussion about whether or not he can French kiss with fangs. Now *that* was interesting.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's tongue

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by Shoshin
Sorry to be the party pooper here, but I'm curious. I want to see it. I've seen a lot, but I've never seen a hairy tongue.
I know I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not. Besides, nobody HAS to click on the link.

By the way, I am absolutely positive he can french kiss with fangs. 100% sure. Num.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's tongue

Post by LadyErin »

I know you can French kiss with fangs-even if both people have them. Have to be careful-and it takes practise, but it is prefectlly do-able. (and fun! ;) )
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.