Build your own Nighty

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Build your own Nighty

Post by bluefooted »

Not sure this goes here, but it seemed more like a generalized Nighty topic than a creative thread, so...

There are so many different Kurts out there (comickurt, evokurt, moviekurt... ) I realized that when I think of Kurt, he tends to have elements from a bunch of different sources. It's a subconscious thing that I can't really control - a big Kurt-conglomerate :LOL

If you had to put together your perfect Nighty, out of all the bits and pieces from each one, what would he look like :?

I'll start: The NC I picture has comickurt's deep blue fur and wavy hair - can't get away from those, they define Kurt for me. He has moviekurt's tail - the ridges on it just made it seem more real to me and I think I sort of pictured it that way for a long time anyway. He now has Alan's eyelashes, can't forget those :naughty, but no visible pupils, still. Personality-wise, he's still mostly comickurt, but after exposure to the movie, he's a little more shy.

Anyway, just wondering how you all pictured your Kurt...
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Build your own Nighty

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

That's a really good question.... I've never really thought about it before!

On my part, I agree about the tail and eyelashes:love .. My Kurt usually has Ultimate Kurt's face (the fact that he doesn't usually wear a shirt not hurting either:D), but he's gotta have movie 'crawler's hair. Other than that, his personality is pretty much just a general mesh of all of 'em, with EvoNightie usually coming out on top for goofy-ness.

Yay! Well, that's describing my Nightie to the best of MY abilities, which..Isn't saying a lot. ;)
Purple is the color of fear!!!

"responstibiklity"

"Tell him 'Fine, and I'm not gonna die before you do, you morally bankrupt Colonel with a God complex.'" ~Hagane
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Build your own Nighty

Post by NightFlight »

Mine would probably look like MovieKurt, with EvoKurt's penchant for practical jokes, and ComicKurt's swashbuckling nature and romantic touch with the ladies. ;pant
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Build your own Nighty

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

This is an awesome thread!

My Kurt would look like movie-verse Kurt, although with Evo Kurt's pants:P. He would be have a bit of the romatic nature of comic Kurt, but the shyness of movie Kurt. And that's pretty much it.

(The only reason I want the pants changed is becasue I want those pants for me:D! I've been searching high and low for fabric that matches it!)
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Build your own Nighty

Post by Bamfette »

hm.... interesting. when i picture him, he is pretty much comic Kurt, taking after Alan Davis's 'Crawler the most, but with a longer tail. deep blue, velvery fur, losoe curls for hair, not scraggly, pupiless eyes, good bone structure and a great physique. but, after seeing the movie, the ears that stuck out to the side were so cute, those got grafted onto my mental image of Kurt.

as for personality... it is mostly comic Kurt, particularily during Excalibur, with a dash of AoA. charming, funny, kind, sometimes gets himself into situations that he really isn't equipped to handle, but he's resourceful so manages to pull through. I don't focus on his religon much.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Build your own Nighty

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Bamphette, you and I have the same taste in artists. In my mind’s eye I also see Alan Davis’ Kurt’s curly hair, Teutonic features and gorgeous smile. The physique of Sal’s Kurt is nice, and the longer tail.

Personality - Kind, caring, chivalrous (the incurable romantic, like me), fun-loving, intelligent, and somewhat vulnerable. I like that he’s not an all-powerful character, but has to use ingenuity to solve problems rather than brute strength. I am used to thinking of him as more sophisticated and charming than the movie Kurt, but Alan’s eyes, well…. Also, give the guy a sword please, he’s at his best as a swashbuckler. And don’t forget his faith, for me that’s what makes him special.

Evo Kurt is cute if you’re a teenager, but I prefer Kurt the man. :love
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Riley
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Build your own Nighty

Post by Riley »

I have only seen Kurt as Evo and Movie Crawler :blush. So mine would have the charm of Movie (not to mention cuteness) and the humor of Evo. No fur for me ,sorry to say. tattoos are a must, hair is a must. OHH!:love:love my dream crawler.
Hey! Dont Diss the Chicken! :smirk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I quit Scrawlers sometime in November, never to return again.
Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Build your own Nighty

Post by Darkstalker »

My Nighty would look like the comic version; lithe and muscular with shoulder length hair ala AoA or Evo. As for the eyes, I'm actually partial to his movie eyes. They were so kind yet striking at the same time. I also like a longer tail, and i actually like his teleportation sig from Ultimate. Personality wise, I actually see him as a combo of everything; shy to begin with, but a fun-loving, swashbuckling hero at heart, and don't get on his bad side. I don't want him over religious, and actually instead of getting preachy, he simply wears a simple cross around his neck. Hey, this is neat!
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Build your own Nighty

Post by Gaz »

I would probably have to say looking like Ulti-Kurt, but with blue fur instead of black (Ulti Kurt has a great body), movie-kurt's eyelashes, dimples and stripey pants, and personality of Comic Kurt. I like the swashbuckling-ness...*licks lips....* Waits for this Kurt to arrive in mail.....
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Build your own Nighty

Post by Elwing »

He can have moviekurt's dimples and pants, Ultikurts dark skin and early Excalibur kurt's personality. :smirk oh, and also the regular elastic tail. And AOA kurt's sword, of course...Preferably drawn by an old fashionedly elegant Byrne with a touch of powerful Kubert and shading by Adam Hughes. And tall á la Alan Davis. you get the idea?
Hey, a girl can dream...:faint
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
nitedrew
Lubber
Lubber

Build your own Nighty

Post by nitedrew »

NC has to have the trademark fur all over his body otherwise his nickname FUZZY ELF would not make any sense. No visible pupils and alan cummings long eyelashes, the movie kurts tail, his old circus uniform which was whati liked alot and his comic-book teeth, not those monstosoties in the movie and finally, his greasy, curly hair from the movie.
whitewolf
Lubber
Lubber

Build your own Nighty

Post by whitewolf »

Got to admit... Interesting topic.:naughty I love the crawler with all my heart:love but there are so many different varieties.
EvoKurt's hair, comicKurt's eyes, movieKurt's tail (SO cool & realistic). The rest probably comicKurt
Deadcell
Lubber
Lubber

Build your own Nighty

Post by Deadcell »

Ultimate's smoke out of his mouth,evos hair and fur colour with the classic costume
I rarely have much to say.....I must go out more..........
Blackwell
Lubber
Lubber

Build your own Nighty

Post by Blackwell »

Wonderful question!:D

I'd have Ultimate Kurt's physique, but with Uncanny Kurt's face and dark fur, movie Kurt's tail and teeth (not sure why), Ultimate Kurt teleport style (with the yellow n' stuff), and he'd been a LOT less religious with his old Cockrum personality with a touch of mive Kurt's shyness added in. THat's my perfect Kurt :love
"More people die in the name of religion than of cancer. And we try to cure cancer." -NightCrawler UX#423
Anael MarsW *BAMF*
Lubber
Lubber

Build your own Nighty

Post by Anael MarsW *BAMF* »

I really like this topic! Well, let's se... :scratch

Movie: tail and eyeslashes (wow, Alan's are so cute looking!)
Evo: I never see the show, looks nice, but I prefer his adult look.
Comic: Alan Davis physic! He draws him so handsome! :love And classic Excalibur personality: charming, ladies-man, kind, adventurer... :lick I miss his old uniform :cry

Kisses.

MW :bamf
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Build your own Nighty

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Fond as I am of the Alan Davis Kurt, his posture was a bit too good, and his tail often looked like an afterthought. John Byrne's Kurt could look natural climbing headfirst out of a car or racing down a hallway on a utility pipe.

The movie, cartoon, and alternate-universe Kurts are secondary AFAIC. Uncanny Kurt is the real thing.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Build your own Nighty

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Currently he has the looks of Alan Davis Kurt (I'm big on posture) but, yeah, with the longer tail. And pupils. I like pupils. Personlity-wise... David Boreanaz as Angel. All dark and tortured... but cute and hot and funny at the same time... mmm... MMM.... NO I HAVE NOT DEDICATED THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS OF MY LIFE TO CATCHING UP ON BUFFY. :toothy

[edit]Second thought, just give David Boreanaz blue fur and a tail. Or not. I mean, I'm not picky. I'd be happy to take him as is. [/edit]
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Build your own Nighty

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Bamf Bunny
John Byrne's Kurt could look natural climbing headfirst out of a car or racing down a hallway on a utility pipe.

You know I like John's Kurt too. Of course, I always liked the way he drew the X-Men anyway. But I do not like Tan's Kurt(UC artist at the moment). Nighty seems creepy the way he is drawing him.:eek
swordwhalewalking
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Build your own Nighty

Post by swordwhalewalking »

Originally posted by bluefooted
He now has Alan's eyelashes, can't forget those :naughty, but no visible pupils, still.
Ohmigawd yes...how could I forget those eyelashes.

My favorite Nighty is the one from the Cockrum Miniseries...although I like Evo-Kurt's hair too, and Alan Cumming's sweet/shy thing. And Larroca and Garney's and Alan Davis' art as well as Dave's.
"What a ship is...is freedom"
(Captain Jack Sparrow, swashbuckler at large)

Ar im padathon vi eryn endor vain hen, i na idh far." ("And I will walk in the woods of this fair land which is rest enough." Legolas, Return of the King)

all the best men are married, dead, gay or fictional
Gambit
Lubber
Lubber

Perfecto!

Post by Gambit »

My ultimate Nightcrawler would have the movie hair, a strong bod,definetly a sword,the comic-book tail and an-all black costume!G2G!:bamf
Family Tree
Now known as Metlord. >.>

Hello, everyone.
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Build your own Nighty

Post by nightcrawler30 »

mine would look like ultimate nighty's head with comic nightcrawler's body and evo kurts personally.
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Build your own Nighty

Post by taekwondodo »

Oooh, tough question.

Definitely movie Kurt's lashes, but lose those scary-ass teeth and the scars. Ultimate Kurt's telportation signature - that is just too beautiful - but not the glowing eyes/nose/mouth. Comic Kurt's nice, soft, curly hair, coloring and pupil-less eyes. The physique from the Poptopia arc. Gotta love Kurt doing yoga! Although Ulti Kurt has a pretty hot bod too(especially for a 14 year old :LOL). I almost want evo Kurt's digigrade legs, but not quite.

A combination of comic Kurt and evo Kurt's personalities - kind of a goofball, but also a real charmer/ladies man type with serious swashbuckling tendencies. His religion should be important to him, but movie Kurt just went flying way off the deep end. That boy needs serious counseling. Although his shyness and insecurity probably is a more realistic take on how someone who looked like that would turn out. I definitely have a hard time with the "oh, they loved his uniqueness in the circus and his childhood was all sweetness and light" take that seems to come across from what I've read of comic-verse.

Oh, gotta do the shadow blending thing too and he needs an ear-ring. He was raised by gypsies after all.
Captain Bamfsalot
Lubber
Lubber

Build your own Nighty

Post by Captain Bamfsalot »

OHHHHH!!! Good question...Ok...curly hair of Uncanny Nightie but length of Evo. Face of Ultimate Kurt...none of the movieverse crap. Body of ultimate(and pretty cargo pants:love)and then the feet of the Evo, not flat but kind of like an animal witht he stand on the toes thing. (Don't forget the long hair...GOTTA have long hair.) and who said he shouldn't be fuzzy!?!?!?! that would be a crime! :shocked German language barrier like in Return to Weapon X Ultimate Comics (I love that for some reason) and no enormous chin like I see a lot recently. DEFINATELY NO PRIESTLY qualities(priest...blah...whose idea was THAT.) Heheh...love for Star Wars like Uncanny. Cool personality like Evo and uncanny meshed....and no Kurt-Amanda relationship. :mad And Evo...Kurt was not meant to have pupils! GIVE HIM BIG GLOWY YELLOW EYES ANY DAY! Straight white teeth please (MOVIE I HATE YOU FOR THAT)but with fangs and a great smile...ahhhh...oh and...NO TATTOOS... And lets not forget the sword....*drool* There we go I think that's pretty good.
What REALLY happened after Riku slammed the door:
Take care of her! ~slam~ Suckers...Hey Mick, they fell for it!

What is going to happen at the end of InuYasha:
Kagome: InuYasha, I love you!
InuYasha: ~snicker~ Yeah...whatever...can I see the Shikon no Tama...just want to polish it...
Kagome: Why not! ~give~
InuYasha: WHEEEE! I'M A SEXY DEMON AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!

Why I love Nightcrawler: ~shows various sexy pictures of Nightie~ 'Nuf Said.
Captain Bamfsalot
Lubber
Lubber

Build your own Nighty

Post by Captain Bamfsalot »

Alan Cummings blah....he went to the premier in a dress!....he insults the name of Nightcrawler!
What REALLY happened after Riku slammed the door:
Take care of her! ~slam~ Suckers...Hey Mick, they fell for it!

What is going to happen at the end of InuYasha:
Kagome: InuYasha, I love you!
InuYasha: ~snicker~ Yeah...whatever...can I see the Shikon no Tama...just want to polish it...
Kagome: Why not! ~give~
InuYasha: WHEEEE! I'M A SEXY DEMON AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!

Why I love Nightcrawler: ~shows various sexy pictures of Nightie~ 'Nuf Said.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Build your own Nighty

Post by little Blue Lucy »

The ideal Nighty, is the only Nighty, the one Dave created, meaning the original, "Fuzzy Blue Elf", sauve, yet silly, compassionate, but not self righteous, fun loving, and never ashamed of who he is, not too muscular, normal tail, and we gotta have the heel toes. The original (and best-okay, okay, in my opinion) Nightcrawler.
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.