If Kurt can't do it...

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by xstechfreak »

QUOTE MY ROOMIE

In tonight Ep. Kurt asked Charles what it is (refereing to crebro) and my roomie went "its a vidoe game and you can't play it."
Orangatan64
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Orangatan64 »

I also doubt Kurt would enjoy Legos. Some of those pieces are friggin' tiny!:yell

On a side note; Yes, they do pass through your system. (Well, a dog's anyway....)
:) <--- NOT meant to be sick.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams.
"The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with." - Marty Feldman.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" - Steven Wright.
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by NightFlight »

I tried using chopsticks as if I only had two fingers like Kurt, and it CAN be done, with practice. Of course, some restaurants rubber-band them together for the less dextrous among us, so maybe Kurt would use the "kiddie" chopsticks. That is, if you could get him into a sushi restaurant. :thumbup
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
Darkblade
Lubber
Lubber

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Darkblade »

What about setting the alarm clock, I know i have heaps of trouble with that and my hands are much smaller than his. I'm not sure if he has any cause to use an alarm clock, but if he did, imagine trying to change the time with those tiny little buttons.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Siona »

And watches, especially digital; I happily have all eight fingers and two thumbs and STILL can't set the damn things.

And, to stay on subject, what about taking off his pants?

His tail spade appearsto be a little curved at the base, like movie crawler's was. I'll get a pic up soon.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Darkblade
What about setting the alarm clock, I know i have heaps of trouble with that and my hands are much smaller than his. I'm not sure if he has any cause to use an alarm clock, but if he did, imagine trying to change the time with those tiny little buttons.
thats why we have fingernails ;)
if your fingernails are long even just a bit, you can reach those tiny buttons.
Shadowkitten87
Lubber
Lubber

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Shadowkitten87 »

What about setting the VCR? Lord knows I have enough trouble with that, and it has nothing to do with my hands....:eek
Master and Trainer of the....

1/2 of the sexiest being ever...SASHIRE!!!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Maelstrom »

Most alarm clocks would be fine, I agree. Where I see the problems setting in is using those teensy-weensie itsy-bitsy calculator/address book/ watch combos. The buttons are literally 1/8 of an inch long, even smaller width-wise, and very close together. The same with the smaller cell phones. With fingernails, he might be able to use them, though I see his nails as being ferociously thick. But they'd be so damn frustrating for him, and take so long to use, that he'd avoid them like the plague.

There's an interesting phone I've seen out there with really big buttons (an inch square, each). Besides just being distinctive, it's a boon for people with failing eyesight, Parkinson's disease, arthritis, and various movement-constricting injuries. THAT's the kind of phone I'd think Kurt would use: perfect size buttons for those fingers.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
nitedrew
Lubber
Lubber

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by nitedrew »

kurt couldn't slide down a metal slide with that tail. ouch!!!
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by nitedrew
...I never thought of that! ... Imagine it being a hot day, and the metal's been in the sun for hours... Insert sensative tail. :eek
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Virus
Lubber
Lubber

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Virus »

Originally posted by Beboots
Originally posted by nitedrew
...I never thought of that! ... Imagine it being a hot day, and the metal's been in the sun for hours... Insert sensative tail. :eek
:D I'm sooooo sorry... but that scene really gives me the giggles... It would have him limping for hours... well, since his tail helps him to balance and all... :D
Ok... so there's the steak knife, the fish knife, the butter knife, the paring knife, and the butchering knife... I have something that can beat all of these things, and you know what? It's called the knife.
:pokejoke <-- Man... I love this icon.
:smirk Okay, you take the big happy, and I'll take the small angry...
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Beboots »

Hmm... Y'know that coin trick, where you make a coin sorta... dance through your fingers? You need five for that, so he wouldn't be able to do it... I can immagine him trying, though, and dropping the coin every time. :P

... I don't think he'd be a very successfull pick-pocket, either, with those large fingers... unless he used his tail. :rolleyes

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Beboots
... I don't think he'd be a very successfull pick-pocket, either, with those large fingers... unless he used his tail. :rolleyes
:LOL :LOL I can just imagine him trying to be an unobtrusive pickpocket.

:peek (thought) Ah, my first victim... Hmm, a lady with a wallet in her back pocket? I thought they used purses. Oh, well.... *brings out the tail*

:stacy EEEEEK! YOU PERVERT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

:oops Ah... picking your pocket...?

:stacy NO YOU'RE NOT! YOU'RE COPPING A FEEL WITH THAT... THAT... THING OF YOURS!

:surprise What? NO! I'm not! I'm a thief! I just want your wallet! Honset!

:stacy POLICE! THERE'S A MUTANT PERVERT WITH HIS TAIL IN MY PANTS!

--------

You know, I don't think Nighty would be a very good thief after all..... :blend
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Beboots »

*reads what Malelstrom wrote*

...Oh, man! :*D *laughs for quite a while* ...I guess I kinda asked for that when I posted, didn't I? :LOL

Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Maelstrom »

:D:D Oh, yes. The second you make any tail references, the schwanz jokes are gonna start flyin'.:naughty

Personally, I always figured that Kurt just couldn't hold down a position in sales. Even if he was a 100% normal looking guy, he's just too damn nice. He'd never lie to the customer to make a sale, nor would he annoy people into buying things just to get rid of him. Two completely reprehensible traits, reviled in the normal world, that are actively searched for and rewarded in the wild world of sales. :yech
Orangatan64
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Orangatan64 »

I bet Kurt couldn't go for more than five or six consecutive meals without biting his lip. I have lower canines that stick out just like comic Kurt's, and can't go long without having the horrible sensation of biting the inside of my lip! :X
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams.
"The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with." - Marty Feldman.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" - Steven Wright.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by rockstar »

i wonder if he ever bit his tongue. it hurts like hell when i do it and my teeth arent pointy!
that's really gotta suck for him!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Snicket »

Yeesh. You DON'T wanna know what immediately came to mind when I thought on this topic...

Other than that... I'm pretty sure it takes him longer than most people to dry off after a shower or something. Can you imagine being covered in fur and swimming in chlorinated pool water? I bet it gets all matted and gross. It might even bleach or turn green. At the very least, it wouldn't be very good for it. Continuing along the same lines, I wonder if he has to buy lots of shampoo. Considering that normal shampoo is made for human hair and not fur, he might have to use pet shampoo. Ew.

Dear god, I hope he doesn't get fleas...

And speaking of biting lips, what about kissing? I'd be a little wary of kissing someone with teeth like his. Just a little, though. :D

I also noticed that people mentioned holding their pen/pencil funny. I hold mine the same way, resting on top of my ring finger. (And I'm a rightie.) I had my teachers question me about it in elementary school. I now have a huge callous. I'm quite proud of it. Unlike some others, though, my handwriting is pretty ugly...

P.S. First post!
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by LadyErin »

Originally posted by Snicket
And speaking of biting lips, what about kissing? I'd be a little wary of kissing someone with teeth like his. Just a little, though. :D
Actually, kissing someone with fangs isn't all that hard, french kissing takes some pratice, but really it's fairly easy. :naughty :bamf
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by taekwondodo »

Can you imagine being covered in fur and swimming in chlorinated pool water? I bet it gets all matted and gross. It might even bleach or turn green. At the very least, it wouldn't be very good for it.
I've always kind of assumed he wouldn't be much for swimming pools because of that (used it in a fic I haven't bothered to finish yet). Don't think chlorine green elf would be very attractive, plus it just dries your hair out and makes it like straw after awhile. Having that happen to your whole body would be neither attractive nor comfortable.
How about poor Evo-Kurt. I'm sure it's nice going to school and all, but sitting all day in school desk chairs w/that tail and not being able to let it out of his holographic image. There's a reason he usually crouches on chairs after all. Must get kind of cramped by the end of the day, maybe even chafed where it hits the seat backs. And don't suggest sitting on it like the earlier suggestions for flying or driving - imagine sitting on an even mildly sensitive appendage on a hard seat all day. Ouch, talk about losing circulation!

TKD
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by xstechfreak »

I KNOW SOMETHING HE CAN'T DO!

It came to me today at work.

He can't ride KRACKEN (the best coaster in Florida) Or any coaster that has those custom seats that when you get out of them you have a camel toe showing.

No Dueling Dragons, no HULK,

Maybe Mantis but i can't remeber what it looks like
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Booker »

Originally posted by Orangatan64
I bet Kurt couldn't go for more than five or six consecutive meals without biting his lip. I have lower canines that stick out just like comic Kurt's, and can't go long without having the horrible sensation of biting the inside of my lip! :X
Haha, yes! I have the same problem with my huge canine teeth. I've bitten myself so many times it's not funny. XD
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Siona »

I can't imagine how many times Kurt's probably bitten his tongue...or cut somebody else's.

*Kitty and Kurt, getting their thing on!*

:kitty : OW!

:) : What?

:kitty: I cut my tongue...on your teeth!!

:) : Ooooooooops... :oops

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by LadyErin
Actually, kissing someone with fangs isn't all that hard, french kissing takes some pratice, but really it's fairly easy. :naughty :bamf
*pokes LadyErin* And who have you kissed with fangs? :naughty

Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

If Kurt can't do it...

Post by Maelstrom »

I've got a "professionaly-made" pair of fangs (teeth caps, thank you). They're very lifelike, since they were created only for me. When I wear them, I can still kiss without a problem. And Frenching isn't a problem, as the fangs are on the canines, leaving about an inch between them for the tongue.

However, for MovieCrawler's shark-like teeth... things could get a bit more... complex....