who would be your fave Nightcrawler and any X-women couple?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by FeuersteinMost of all, I was wary of how the friendship between Logan and Kurt would have been handled with them both crushing on the same girl.
Of course, that was resolved with them commiserating with each other while Storm up and married someone else. No problem there now, right?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Originally posted by Angelique
Of course, that was resolved with them commiserating with each other while Storm up and married someone else. No problem there now, right?
Really? What issue was that?
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Black Panther 18.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

hoo boy, I have got to find that issue!
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Oo_Talia_oO
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Oo_Talia_oO »

I've just realized that Kurt and Wanda in Evo are a cute couple!!! You know, there's an episode, when he ask her some help because Mystique is a rock...or whatever...and they look so good together!!!
Please, I like Talia. Kurt and Wanda MUST be together!!! Lol
:bounce
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Heh, I thought they made a good pair in Evo too.
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by german_gremlin »

I thought that him and his WIFE Kymeri are a great couple.:smirk
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I thought Kymri was just an alternate reality version of Nightcrawler, in which case, he'd be married to himself.

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

I thought Kymri was just an alternate reality version of Nightcrawler, in which case, he'd be married to himself.
Nah, she marries Kurt in the noncanon X-men: The End.

Nightcrawler is retired and married to Kymri Wagner (a woman that resembles him, whom he met during the first Excalibur series). They have two children: TJ Wagner (a boy) and Cerise Wagner (a girl). Talia Josephine Wagner (Nocturne of the Exiles) is a member of their family as well.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I was talking about in canon, however.

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

:wan-kurt
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Oo_Talia_oO
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Oo_Talia_oO »

Who's Kimery?
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
Nah, she marries Kurt in the noncanon X-men: The End.

Nightcrawler is retired and married to Kymri Wagner (a woman that resembles him, whom he met during the first Excalibur series). They have two children: TJ Wagner (a boy) and Cerise Wagner (a girl). Talia Josephine Wagner (Nocturne of the Exiles) is a member of their family as well.
Ha! Yet another way "The End" is out of touch with reality. If my husband wanted to name OUR baby after HIS ex, I would put my foot down HARD... right in his ass.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

A point to Spaz! Not that Cerise isn't a pretty name...

I think Claremont just wanted to remind people that Excalibur happened, and while I'm grateful to him for that... Please. >.<

I mean... Kymri!?!? There's no other girl suitable for Kurt except a pirate queen from an alternate dimension!?

I'm off to drown my sorrows with chocolate.... *sniff*
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Feuerstein
A point to Spaz! Not that Cerise isn't a pretty name...

I think Claremont just wanted to remind people that Excalibur happened, and while I'm grateful to him for that... Please. >.<

I mean... Kymri!?!? There's no other girl suitable for Kurt except a pirate queen from an alternate dimension!?

I'm off to drown my sorrows with chocolate.... *sniff*
Having him marry Kymri isn't a big enough reminder? Boo.

Oh yes, wasn't Kymri actually the ruler of that dimension? Forget all that, she simply must run off to another world to marry some dude so they can squirt out a couple kids for a one panel name-drop. :rolleyes It's insulting to both characters, really.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

(Hope this doesn't count as thread necromancy, it's surely POSTER necromancy...)
This is one of those things that always plagued me! I mean, Kurt admits himself that there's "too much history" between him and Amanda... and it just seems a poor fit between him and any of the other X-chicks... (so clearly... he just needs to marry me...)

I'm absolutely behind in reading Ultimate X-men, but after reading the issues where he takes control of the Morlocks (well, where they HAND it to him, really) I think I'd enjoy reading some kick-butt action stories about him and Callisto.
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by german_gremlin »

No..Kymeri was a form of Captain Britain..not Kurt. I think they are great couple!!
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Peter Parker & Kitty Pryde ...

Oh wait :tail related? Okay...

:engarde & :storm

Though he and :kitty work too. I just love to see pairings with he and :storm.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Dragging up dead threads is better than making new ones, right?

I love Kurt... but I've never really been attracted to him in that way. Therefore, I'm not a jealous fangirl, so I can make an educated opinion. I'm like his best friend, looking out for his best interests. As such, I think he deserves a woman, simply because out of all the X-Men, I think he'd make the best husband and father out of them all. He really deserves some love. But he deserves a GOOD woman. What Nightie needs is a woman who:

A) isn't his half sister.

B) either shares his beliefs or at least deeply respects them.

C) REALLY loves him. And no one else. Not someone who likes him because he's odd-looking or someone who likes his personality but is frightened by his appearance. He needs someone who loves him no matter what, mutant, monster, demon, whatever the heck he is.

D) isn't completely insanely messed up. She should have a normal childhood with a relatively normal adult life that somehow brings her into contact with him. I don't think it's fair to him to make him the "doctor" for his girlfriends' emotional problems.

E) has enough humor to understand him, enough seriousness to balance him, and enough love and compassion to help him through his doubts and the rough spots in his life.

F) isn't afraid to argue with him, show him where he's wrong. Because all the X-Men have been making some pretty stupid mistakes lately, including him.

G) is relatively permanent. Like Rogambit, which always pops up no matter how dead that relationship is. Kurt needs someone who he'll sometimes have some hard times with, and who he'll sometimes get pretty mad at, but who loves him enough and who he loves enough that they always end up back together again.

With these criteria the person that I think Kurt needs is.............................................................non-existant.

Which is why God created fanfiction and OCs, of course!

Now, naturally, if I was to stick to purely canon characters... I think a Kurt/Jean before Jean went all insane-Dark Phoenix on them would be pretty awesome.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

^Have you been reading my posts on this subject? I think you nearly quoted me verbatim there.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Dedicatedfollower467 wrote: D) isn't completely insanely messed up. She should have a normal childhood with a relatively normal adult life that somehow brings her into contact with him. I don't think it's fair to him to make him the "doctor" for his girlfriends' emotional problems.
But a woman would have to be totally out of her mind to date him! At least as he is now.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

It's nice that Def and Ang agree on what would be good qualities in a gal for Nighty. I am nodding assent to them both.

And I agree about the fact that this lack spawned so many fanfics.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:But a woman would have to be totally out of her mind to date him! At least as he is now.
A woman would have to be out of her mind to even be a Marvel character these days. Unless she's evil or a female canine.

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

What's really, really scary (I was thinking about this last night) is that if you take out the whole "not insanely messed up" part and the fact that he's not a girl......... Logan actually fits almost all of my criteria!

Think about it:

A) He's not Kurt's half sister. :P

B) He respects Kurt's beliefs. Doesn't share them, but respects them.

C) REALLY loves Kurt. That has been demonstrated countless times, just not *that* way. Over and over, Logan has attempted to show Kurt that he just needs to be who he is.

D) Well, yes, Logan is completely insanely messed up. But he handles it well.

E) Logan has demonstrated this time and again, he has humor to match Kurt, seriousness to balance him, and love and compassion that, while not often shown, has often helped Kurt through troubled times.

F) Logan has argued with Kurt so many times it's impossible to count... they have such differing views on so many things.

G) Kurt's friendship with Logan has lasted pretty much since it started..... except for a few spots where it was missing, it's a rather permanent relationship.

Scary, isn't it? Kurgan slasher fic is looking more and more tempting all the time.....
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Dedicatedfollower467 wrote:What's really, really scary (I was thinking about this last night) is that if you take out the whole "not insanely messed up" part and the fact that he's not a girl......... Logan actually fits almost all of my criteria!

Think about it:

A) He's not Kurt's half sister. :P

B) He respects Kurt's beliefs. Doesn't share them, but respects them.

C) REALLY loves Kurt. That has been demonstrated countless times, just not *that* way. Over and over, Logan has attempted to show Kurt that he just needs to be who he is.

D) Well, yes, Logan is completely insanely messed up. But he handles it well.

E) Logan has demonstrated this time and again, he has humor to match Kurt, seriousness to balance him, and love and compassion that, while not often shown, has often helped Kurt through troubled times.

F) Logan has argued with Kurt so many times it's impossible to count... they have such differing views on so many things.

G) Kurt's friendship with Logan has lasted pretty much since it started..... except for a few spots where it was missing, it's a rather permanent relationship.

Scary, isn't it? Kurgan slasher fic is looking more and more tempting all the time.....
Absolutely. It's usually immediately dismissed with a "ewwww", but in many ways, there's a more stable ground for a romantic relationship there than with many other "potentials". In a way, they're like an old married couple already. There's just the small matter of turning them bi or revealing that they were all along...

Edit: love_of_bob, I deleted your accidental post; please keep in mind that you can do so in the future by editing your post and checking the ! Delete this message ! checkbox. Cheers! -- HoodedMan

[Edited on 5/9/09 by love_of_bob]

[Edited on 9/5/09 by HoodedMan]