Amanda and Kurt?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Dark Angel »

Are Amanda and Kurt still going out, are they just friends or have they just gone on their seperate ways? I think they were a cute couple even though I haven't read the comics.:oops:love:bamf
Snicket
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Snicket »

Uh, from what I can tell, they're pretty much broken up. Maybe they'll get back together again some time in the future, though. Who knows. Their relationship has been kind of on-again, off-again.

I believe that a new romance is being planned for Kurt, but I'm not the one to ask about that.
I have a website... I also have an art blog...
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Dark Angel »

Yeah I heared it was kind of an on-again off-again relationship, but I hope they get back together**crosses fingers**:D :amanda
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Nandireya »

Okay...if you don't mind a little plug...I've got a page dedicated to their relationship over it my Nighty Shrine...you can read all about them here...graphic intensive...can take a while to load if you're stuck with a crappy dial-up like I am.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Dark Angel »

Yeah! I saw your site before. It's good! I just wasn't sure because I read some nightie biographies and some were not updated or their a slight different, you know. Don't you hate when things aren't updated!:mad
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Ahh! Nandireya, I love your site! It's so informative! And pretty too! :D

Anyway, I wish I read the comics through the Kurt/Amanda relationship. I'm a really new reader.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Magic Rabbit »

*Cough* brother and sister *Cough*

Uh, only in Evo is where Kurt and Amanda are not raised as siblings. In the Marvel Universe, well, they are brother and sister. They may not be blood related, but that doesn't change much...

Plus, I don't think Amanda is going to be leaving Limbo anytime soon. I don't think that she can.
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
Malice
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Malice »

I never liked Kurt and Amanda being together. I can't wait to see who he ends up with now that Austen plans on giving him a love interest. By the way, whatever happened to Stacy X? (not that I liked her all that much) but she put the moves on Kurt then just says she is leaving and no one seem to really care. Oh well. :LOL
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#4

"Are you ever wrong?"
"I thought I was once ...but it turned out I was wrong."
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by Malice By the way, whatever happened to Stacy X? (not that I liked her all that much) but she put the moves on Kurt then just says she is leaving and no one seem to really care. Oh well. :LOL
I think that's because NO ONE liked her very much.

I didn't like Kurt and Amanda together, either. She seemed to be a tad snotty about how their relationship, like she was slumming with him. I never felt she was nice enough to him.
I want him to be with someone who is as nice as he is, as filled with compassion and intelligence, and who has genuine attraction to his body rather than tolerating it.
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Dracadancer »

I never really saw Amanda as being snotty about their relationship, I mean she had her fair share of problems too that she was dealing with while they were going out (what with her mom being all powerful and wanting to kill Kurt and such). If she didn't truly love Kurt she probably wouldn't have kept going back to him again and again and Kurt wouldn't have kept taking her back if he didn't love her. I do hope they end up together in the end.

Oh and I loved Stacy X! She was one of the only decent females with an attitude around in Uncanny and they got rid of her! Granted it was because no one else liked her, but still.... All she really wanted was a little love. (sniffle) :( :stacy
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

personaly i never liked :amanda
the whole "rasied as foster bro/sis" never really bugged me that much
but what did bug me was the way she acted-she lied (& not just little lies- this are BIG lies that could have an impact on not only her teammates but posibally the world type lies)- like giving her mom( who has tried to kill people) the soulsword (a very POWERFUL WEAPON)-i think- who was about to releash a demon in london (demons are NEVER a good sign)
,also there was the Rory Campbell/Ahad thing- Ahad was from Rachel "Phoenix" Summers future- he enslaved her & made her one of his hounds- so she track & capture other mutants- He was "a mutant mass murder on par with Hitler"- the only 2 who knew about were Rory & Amanda- did amanda try to help him to posibaly change his fate- kind of yes, could she have done more-YES, should she have told her friends-(who are MUTANTS) that they had a guy who could go on to kill millions people.
-(but i guess since she wasnt a mutant it didnt matter to her-sorry thats mean)
also didnt she release Selene-The black queen
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by shakspear »

I never liked Amanda.....because she got Nighty:P:mad:evil
She never deserved him!
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
Malice
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Malice »

Originally posted by Dracadancer

Oh and I loved Stacy X! She was one of the only decent females with an attitude around in Uncanny and they got rid of her! Granted it was because no one else liked her, but still.... All she really wanted was a little love. (sniffle) :( :stacy
You know what? I kind of liked Stacy X actually. I think she really could have benefited from being there. I was a little upset how she just left and not a person seem to care. No one went after her or anything. She left thinking no one really wanted her around. I don't know if she and NC would have made a decent couple or not, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see her back. :)
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#4

"Are you ever wrong?"
"I thought I was once ...but it turned out I was wrong."
Tengu Aberdeen
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Tengu Aberdeen »

I never liked Amanda.....because she got Nighty

Thank God someone said it...giving Kurt a love-interest is so odd...he's not really all that human, you know.

In Evolution, Rogue struck me as very Lesbian, and Kurt as very gay. Too bad they never followed up on that...THAT would have been interesting.:love
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Dark Angel »

I think it's good Kurtie has a love interest. I don't want him to be alone. Even though he won't be alone with us around:naughty And maybe they can make a better love intertest then Amanda.
Tengu Aberdeen
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Tengu Aberdeen »

Originally posted by Dark Angel
I think it's good Kurtie has a love interest. I don't want him to be alone. Even though he won't be alone with us around:naughty And maybe they can make a better love intertest then Amanda.
"They" being...? :?
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by kladyelf »

They are the PTB's of Marvel! (as in Powers That Be: editors and writers and stuff)

Personally i rather liked Cerise, she was an interesting character (is it just me or does our boy elfy have *achem* rather exotic tastes? :p)

and if ever they want a new girlfriend hey i could volunteer, just write me into... the... series...

um.

er.

*tiny voice* hi jill - eep!

*kladyelf flees*
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Dark Angel »

Originally posted by Tengu Aberdeen[/i]
[
"They" being...? :?
Being the people that write the comics. They could probably make a better love interest then Amanda, but I haven't really read the comics.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Tengu Aberdeen
I never liked Amanda.....because she got Nighty

Thank God someone said it...giving Kurt a love-interest is so odd...he's not really all that human, you know.
ok, this jsut strikes me as INCREDIBLY odd... so on the one hand, he shouldn't have a gf because fangirls are jealous? what the the fuck? i mean, he's a fictional character. i know we all love him and all, but, come on now... not really rational to be jealous of two drawings on paper getting together.

and on the other hand... he shouldn't have a relationship because he's not human?! newsflash - NONE of the X-Men are human. thet's the WHOLE POINT! that they deserve to find acceptance and love despite being mutants. so, yeah, Kurt doesn't look human. neither does Beast. should he not get a love interest? Beak doesn't look human, is it wrong that he got it on with Angel? please...
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by thylacine »

Re: the not human thing. How do you define human? Does it mean you have to look like Ken and Barbie? Or does it mean intelligence, compassion, and those qualities we value in humanity?

PS by the way... I didn't like Stacy X. She was mean to Paige. There was no need of that.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by thylacine
Re: the not human thing. How do you define human? Does it mean you have to look like Ken and Barbie? Or does it mean intelligence, compassion, and those qualities we value in humanity?
I think each person judges that themselves. but if we judge purley by looks, there are real live people out there *right now* that don't exactly conform to the norm. there are all sorts of disorders, birth traits and whatnot that can render a person not looking like the average person out there. John Merrick, the Elephant Man, didn't look any more 'human' than many of the mutants at Xaviers due to his disease.

so, as fo rme, well, i accept anyone born of human parents to be human, but if i had to make the distinction, i would judge by a persons heart. not necessarily intelligence, as as with looks there are disorders that hamper ones ability to learn, and i would never consider them less than human.

as for Stacy, i liked her. a character does not need to be swetness and nice to be an interesting character. the books would be awfully damn boring if everybody was perfectly cordial to eachother all the time... has to be SOME internal conflict.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by kurtlover »

Huh? i'm sorry but i don't understand either!
"He's not really that human???"
oh man that shocks me to the core, what the heck is this?
define human in first place and then lets talk.
Yes its just a comic character, and fictional but please it gives a message of acceptance, and i guess he has the same right as all of them in the comic to be happy.

You understand the concept of all of this, right?
CuteLittleBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by CuteLittleBamf »

Originally posted by Bamfette
NONE of the X-Men are human.
Actually, this has been bugging me (I’m a bio major), the definition of a species is a group of organisms capable of interbreeding under natural conditions and creating viable offspring. (This means if your kids can have kids you and your mate and your children are of the same species). Since in the comics we have seen many examples of humans and mutants having kids together, and every thing going just fine this means that mutants are also Homo sapiens. That’s why this "Homo superior" Magneto talks about is a load of bull. It’s just not scientifically actuate. Of course, they're very different but so are Saint-Bernards and Chihuahuas but they are still dogs. This is just showing differentiation within a species. Ok yes I’m being anal but this means Kurt is still human, just like you and me.
Dark Angel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Dark Angel »

Whether Nightcrawler is Human, Mutant or whatever I still like him. He's a great guy and we have all seen the good kind heart he has. So I just want to say it doesn't matter what he is but who he is inside and well Nightie is a wonderful person inside and out.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by CuteLittleBamf

That’s why this "Homo superior" Magneto talks about is a load of bull.
It's basically never really been shown as scientific fact, more like his own propaganda.....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€