Amanda and Kurt?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by thylacine »

Actually... scientifically speaking, mutants exist. An albino person is like a mutant, but in real life, mutants do not have magic powers. This does not make them less human. Has anyone reading this ever had a cat with double paws? That is caused by mutation -- a cat with double paws is a mutant kitty cat!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Bamfette »

there are actually lots of mutant cats. or, well sorta. many breeds of cats and dogs are based on spontaneous mutations. a kitten/puppy is born with a mutated feature, like curly fur or extra toes or *whatever* and breeders exploit that to create a new breed.
CuteLittleBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by CuteLittleBamf »

thylacine is right, actually a good many of us are mutants it's just in the DNA that doesn't code for anything (introns). Or in something that is displayed but is really unimportant like your big toe being slightly smaller than normal. :nodyes
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

That's right... !

Post by thylacine »

Hey... that's right... ! When you think about it... A lot of people are mutants. Maybe a lot of us typing into this website are mutants... Let's all go apply to join the X-Men! Yeah!
Sock Munkey
Lubber
Lubber

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Sock Munkey »

I akways got the impression that the mutations that manifest in the X-men were pre-programmed instructions indroduced into the human genome by some advanced race in order to explain how a fully developed feature can manifest in a single generation.
Tengu Aberdeen
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Tengu Aberdeen »

Originally posted by Sock Munkey
I akways got the impression that the mutations that manifest in the X-men were pre-programmed instructions indroduced into the human genome by some advanced race in order to explain how a fully developed feature can manifest in a single generation.
Liiiiiike...oh I dunno...the Shi'ar Empire, maybe? :eek

And the little "science experiment" you just described above is working out too well...remember the "explosive boy" that died in Northstar's arms? A mutation only manifests in a species and survives if its beneficial!
oldfuzzyelf
Lubber
Lubber

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by oldfuzzyelf »

I have no problem with Kurt and Amanda. Actually it is my favorite love interest for Kurt. I write off all of Amanda's bad behavior such as her wanderlust and secretive nature to her gypsy upbringing. Writers have had Kurt behave in much the same manner from time to time.

Ultimately they are a strong couple that, though not together currently, have an understanding ground in intimately knowing one another in a closeness that none of Kurt's friends could come close (not even Kitty).

...my 2 cents

...and I think Daytripper is a stupid name
Nightgamer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Nightgamer »

ya man, amanda was cool. she fit nightcrawler like a glove. a tall, blond, gypsie glove...
:icey acolyte of iceman :icey
:kiwi acolyte of kiwi :kiwi
:avalanche avalanche is cool too :avalanche

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass :bamf(CCCC) Member #35 :bamf
FrenchBlue
Lubber
Lubber

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by FrenchBlue »

I'm sorry, but I loathe Amanda! Kurt's lady should be amutant, with like green sin or something; you know, someone who he can sympathize with.
FrenchBlue
Lubber
Lubber

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by FrenchBlue »

I meant 'green skin'
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

Amanda is cool.

Talking about bad behavior, hello, how many times did Kurt leave her high and dry?
From the begining he treated her bad, like when he goes off to find out what has happed to his brother, then off with Xavier, he doesnt tell her.
She has to travel across the world, assume a new identity, try to find out if he is guilty or not, then fight off thier rabid Momma to stop her long enough to prove Kurt's innocence.

So they are doing ok for awhile, but soon we see him at her flat, sulking around after he got left behind during the Beyonder thing. She does everything she can to help him through his crisis of faith, then finally has to go to work, because as a regurlar human she has a job as an airline stewardess. He shows up too late and she is leaving.
Next thing she knows is when she sees the xmen are all dead and she is totally freaked!!!!
Does he call, show up, anything, ... not that I saw. Still later when he calls her for help in England she shows up and joins the team.

Then she gets tangled up with Momma Margali, and dont blame her for giving her the soul sword, she was trying to protect it. Remember, Margali could be a very nurturing mom some of the time, (like in the issue where Kurt has to fight Dyspair and remembers her kindness) and Im sure Amanda trusts her as we all do our moms, how ever crazy they sometimes are.

Well. that brings me to Margalis going over the top, by swithching bodies with Amanda so that she gets out of Belascos punishment. Man how hurtful would that be!!! To have your MOM betray you and find out that she was you with your boyfriend?????

I only hope they didnt .... I mean even if they didnt, I know I couldnt take that mental mess.

So then Excalibur breaks up and she goes off to clean up the mess in limbo made by Magik's death, without an actual resolving of thier relationship. Then she gets to find out that Kurt went off and JOINED the preist hood.

Now there is a blow to ones self esteem.

I like that she is pissed in the new series. I sure wouldnt put up with as much as she does!!!
That plus the hint put out in the Draco thing that they may actually be blood related!

Really man, she has to be one cool Frau to put up with all that!
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Diablo »

Amanda is not popular because, I think, no writer or artist has truly made her shine.
I liked the fact that she was the new Magik, but she came after Illyana, and could only be her shadow...

It seems that, in the Nightcrawler series, she has finally found her place.
That, and Darick's rendition of Amanda just takes my breath away.
:love
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by CuteLittleBamf
That’s why this "Homo superior" Magneto talks about is a load of bull. It’s just not scientifically actuate. Of course, they're very different but so are Saint-Bernards and Chihuahuas but they are still dogs. This is just showing differentiation within a species. Ok yes I’m being anal but this means Kurt is still human, just like you and me.
I suppose that since humans are currently homo sapiens sapiens (sub-species), mutants could be "homo sapiens superior".
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Diablo »

I think mutants were called by that name, even among the X-Men, back in the eighties.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Amanda and Kurt?

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by HoodedMan

I suppose that since humans are currently homo sapiens sapiens (sub-species), mutants could be "homo sapiens superior".
That would be the proper way to put it, biologically speaking, as a subspecies rather than a fully separate species since mutants can have kids with normal humans.

Close but separate species, while sometimes able to interbreed, do not produce fertile offspring.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image