Halloween Costume!!!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
oldfuzzyelf
Lubber
Lubber

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by oldfuzzyelf »

Well I am lucky to share that my gf and I are dressing as Kurt and Amanda this year for Halloween. I am going as X2 Kurt and she is going as Daytripper.

I did priest Kurt two years ago. That got mixed reviews. Two guys asked if I would be their third for blue man group and a few people asked me if I went to Duke, but I did have a couple folks say they liked the Nightcrawler. I have a pic of it up here:

http://www.fuzzyelf.com/incoming/Image001.jpg

If I get a wild hair, I might do late Excalibur Kurt (by far my favorite costume). I will report back to the board with pics after it is done. Thankfully we are both in good shape and won'tl be embarassing ourselves.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by Siona »

Oh, SWEET! I like the blue-ness ((word? :LOL)) of your skin, how'd ya do that?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
oldfuzzyelf
Lubber
Lubber

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by oldfuzzyelf »

blue grease paint. Pretty easy to get from any costume shop. This year we will blend it so it is more midnight blue. Out of the jar it is more of a royal blue and does not look like the dark shadowed hero I think.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Looks good! Was this a super-heroe or comic book theme party, or did a bunch of people just have the same ideas?

Also, there is a full head rubber mask of X2 Nightcrawler available out on the web. I've seen them on Ebay, angelic symbols and all.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
oldfuzzyelf
Lubber
Lubber

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by oldfuzzyelf »

If you have never been to SF on Halloween, there is an ENOURMOUS street party on Castro Street. The year of the photo was the Halloween after 9/11. Lots of people came out as their heroes that year. My decision to dress as Nightcrawler was a last minute one and I think that happened to a lot of folks. I took my photo with every comic book hero I met and there were quite a few.

Thanks for telling me about the mask. I will check it out.
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

In addition to that...

Post by thylacine »

In addition to a Nightcrawler costume, how about a big blue silk bow on the tail? Wouldn't that be cute? :)
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Here's a link to a site with the Nightcrawler mask (scroll down) as well as a lot of other X-Men costumes, both kids' and adults', and some random wigs.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
oldfuzzyelf
Lubber
Lubber

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by oldfuzzyelf »

I wish I could find gloves. That would be the coolest. I feel pretty comfortable applying all the make up and scar tissue, but I wish they made and sold gloves that I could slip on and off.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by oldfuzzyelf
I wish I could find gloves. That would be the coolest. I feel pretty comfortable applying all the make up and scar tissue, but I wish they made and sold gloves that I could slip on and off.
Hm. Could you find a smooth pair of rubber gloves (cleaning/scrubbing gloves) in a white or light blue color, then cut the fingers apart and re-assemble them to look more Kurt-like? Then you could paint them with a latex-based paint (I would think they would be more moveable without cracking then). Supergluing something that looks like nails on top of it all would be easy.

And to whoever suggested putting a bow on the tail.. that's way out of character unless he was naked and in his gf's bedroom. Almost as much out of character as having Kurt wear Ralph Lauren polo shirts.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
oldfuzzyelf
Lubber
Lubber

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by oldfuzzyelf »

That is a really good glove idea. I was thinking about cutting up some cloth but I have no sewing machine, and I like your idea better.

actually I think I found a solution in vinyl foodservice/surgical gloves. I can stretch it to fit over two fingers at once and it is not uncomfortable.
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by BamfChyck »

I did this once with a friend for a live RPG:

We split the fingers on dishwashing gloves, then re-attached them using duct tape. Then we spray painted them completely. The paint held pretty well and she could slip them on and off easily to opperate the zippers on her outfit for bathroom breaks, etc.
The seams were visible if you looked close, but nobody did except me and her.

If you try it, please let me know how it works for you.

oh yeah-and she used baby powder in the gloves so they'd go on and off easier.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by rockstar »

QUESTION:

I'm dressing up as a Demoness this year (with wings and everything!!!). Should I make a prehensile tail or buy one? How could I make one?

oldfuzzyelf, Awsome costume!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by rockstar
QUESTION:

I'm dressing up as a Demoness this year (with wings and everything!!!). Should I make a prehensile tail or buy one? How could I make one?
If it doesn't need to be too realalistic, I would take a wire coat hanger, cut the hook off, straighten it out, wrap it in strips of foam and then wrap it in the color cloth that your skin will be. Red?
Make a sandwich of fabric, foam and fabric, cut it into a trangle and glue or sew it onto one end.
Attach the non-pointed end to your bottom, or your pants, or under your skirt, (whichever look you're going for) and use some fishing line, say, 2-3 feet, to hang the pointed end from your wrist. Then it will move when you do!

If that doesn't make sense, let me know. I'm here to help.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by rockstar »

ooooh! i never thought of fishing line! Very clever!!!! Thanks!
It'll probably be red. I'm going for the red and black hellish look. I'm wearing a skirt. I wanna be a sexy demon (just like kurt :))
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by rockstar
ooooh! i never thought of fishing line! Very clever!!!! Thanks!
It'll probably be red. I'm going for the red and black hellish look. I'm wearing a skirt. I wanna be a sexy demon (just like kurt :))
Then, if you've got a cute @ss, and I'm sure you do, definately have it sticking out from under your skirt. Wear bike shorts underneath to stick the tail to, and everybody will be trying to catch a look.
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by rockstar »

lol i just might do that. I pinned red fishnets to by black top and made sleeves. I have a flame belt that my mom wore last year when she was a devil. I have red horns and i think there's a pitchfork somewhere. I'm wearing a black skirt and red knee-high boots.
Last but not least, I bought flame wings.
All that combined with a prehensile tail would be frickin awesome!!!!

*In case anyone cares: I got the inspiration for a demon from Kurt and also from the last page of Uncanny X-men #429. There's a girl demon with wings and a tail.*
Tengu Aberdeen
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by Tengu Aberdeen »

As soon as I design my Havok/Cyclops costume (can't decide which one...) I promise I'll post it. I've got a thread up in the OT forum, you can come by with suggestions if you like. ;)
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by BamfChyck
Attach the non-pointed end to your bottom, or your pants, or under your skirt, (whichever look you're going for) and use some fishing line, say, 2-3 feet, to hang the pointed end from your wrist. Then it will move when you do!
You know what would be even better? Attaching it with fishing line to some bracelet that fits in with the costume. That way the line won't dig into the sensitive skin on your wrist as much as it would if it was just tied fishing line. It might make the bracelet pull a bit, but it will hurt less over a wider area as opposed to a thin line.

BTW, it sounds like you're describing Jill, rockstar (the Uncanny Jillian is based on the real person Bamfette who co-runs this site). Originally, Jill was supposed to be red. The art was late getting to the colorists, and the colorists f*cked up and made her blue. It was too late to change, and now Jill is blue until Jubilee dumps a vat of hairdye on her or something :cry
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Nightgamer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by Nightgamer »

jillian is based on bamfette? bamfette looks like jillian?
:icey acolyte of iceman :icey
:kiwi acolyte of kiwi :kiwi
:avalanche avalanche is cool too :avalanche

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass :bamf(CCCC) Member #35 :bamf
oldfuzzyelf
Lubber
Lubber

Here they are

Post by oldfuzzyelf »

That was fun. I have included shots from the entire night. Funny thing is a friend went as a red demon w/o telling me so you get a couple shots of Nightcrawler and Azazel but he did not get it. You can see how the grease paint started to come off in some shots, but it was fun. My gf's Daytripper was better than my Kurt I think.

Pardon the other shots of friends. The Jack Sparrow is my roomate. You will also see Royal Tennanbaums and a Jehovah's Witness in the shots. Here is a link to all the pics:

http://www.fuzzyelf.com/hween03

Chris
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Halloween Costume!!!

Post by Winnowill »

I saw these on ebay- nightcrawler hands.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... egory=3952