Nightcrawler in Video Games

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

hm, i guess you are right. been a while since i have played. ;)
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Nimrods a boss? :eek That's so cool. I know the must at least of had Apocalypse in one of those games. I remember playing against him with Mags in Game Gear (sega genesis) Clone Wars but I haven't seen him in any other ones...
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

although..i dunno if you can really call White Queen a boss...she doesnt actually put up a fight.. :p

Poofer, Apocalypse is in a few others, He is featured in a couple of the cross-over fighting titles

Poccy is the end boss in "Marvel Vs Capcom" and the Pre-boss in "Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter" ;)

The other fighting titles feature Onslaught as a boss, (MvsC 2 also features Abyss as a boss!)
Call me King!
HappyNoodleBAMF
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HappyNoodleBAMF »

Well, i'm gettin' to this kinda late, but i got into sega just as the first x-men game (for said platform) came out all those years ago. instant favorite, 'nuff said. and indeed, nightcrawler is just about the best character you can be. the animation for his creepy elf demeanor is great, 'specially with his little yellow eyes and swaying tail. and like someone else said, you can shortcut through most levels simply by bamfing through all the right spots. and on top of that, you can kill enemies by bamfing on them or through them, and do little short bamfs to avoid projectiles or long stationary bamfs to hover if need be. really, if you use nighty, you end up feeling cheap cause it completely takes away from the challenge to the game. then, at some point some other sega game came out with a playable nighty. can't remember which exactly, but his animations were improved in general, and he could crawl on walls and ceilings to get to secret areas. heee!! ^_^ definitely looking forward to kickin' arse with him in future games. even thinking of getting him tattooed on my back or shoulder. probably some version of his first marvel masterpiece card. which reminds me, how come there aren't any pics of all his numerous cards in the gallery? or did i simply overlook them?
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Sounds like you are thinking of the X-men II : Clone Wars game for sega... A nice sequal to the first game.

I don't think they have any pics of the NC cards, I have a few at my site if you are interested.

And welcome to the board.

Also, Nimrod was a boss in the X-Men Maddness in Murder World Game.

Apparently the IBM PC game, I have sinced learned when i went to go research it, is actually "X-Men : Fall of the Mutants"
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

Originally posted by sevati
PC (DOS/Windows. IBM?)
*X-Men: Madness in Murder World
*X-Men II : Fall of the Mutants Thanks BAMFCentral!
X-Men: Children of the Atom
?X-Men: Ravages of the Apocalypse
X-Men vs. Street Fighter
?X-Men: Wolverine's Revenge
I'm a bit surprised that X-Assault isn't included.
The question mark '?' will mean I cannot find out if he's in the game or not because there's little information on the game itself.

Super Nintendo
?Spider-Man and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
No Nightcrawler in this game, just Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm and Gambit.
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well, i think X-Assault, in which Kurt kicks complete ass, is indeed a great game, i can certainly vouch for it's sheer addictiveness... but it is a fan game. a really really GOOD fan game, but not 'official'

I guess it was just assumed that they were asking after official PC or console games.

but here: http://www.nixonvision.com/xassault.html X-Assualt: the X-iest game on the web! and featuring my art :p
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

So is this going to get added to Character FAQ section, maybe once Sevati finalizes the list???
CuteLittleBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CuteLittleBamf »

[/quote]
I guess it was just assumed that they were asking after official PC or console games.
[/quote]

I was but I didn't think of fan games. Dose anyone else know of any good ones where nightcrawler is a playable charater?
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I have just figured out that I haven't played a lot of these games! :surprise It's probably too late to try to gather them up now... But I remember playing against something in the old Sega in Clone Wars who would throw these little fuzzy balls at you and I was wondering who he was... He seems so familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it... I think he was boss.
CuteLittleBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CuteLittleBamf »

Are you talking about the sub-boss right before magneto?
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I think it was towards the end in the Savage Land area. Or maybe I'm wrong I can't remember when... So I'm pretty sure it was after you get Magneto on your team.
Nightgamer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nightgamer »

well, apoc is secret char in academy. but...quickie in a game? WOW-A! colossus and iceman werent exactly spectacular in marvel vcs capcom (what was? the game was kinda dry) but there are characters only in danger room? blah..oh well, ill live. BRING COLOSSUS BACK! i never really thot much of hi b4, but i like him NOW....altho, u kno the x-issue of wizard? a retired x-worker said they might bring colossus back as a lost soul wandering the world as zombie (playing up the idea that his body was actually indestructable) but CAN THE XMEN RECLAIM IT?
:icey acolyte of iceman :icey
:kiwi acolyte of kiwi :kiwi
:avalanche avalanche is cool too :avalanche

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass :bamf(CCCC) Member #35 :bamf