???????Where to find....

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
bamfelf
Lubber
Lubber

???????Where to find....

Post by bamfelf »

Where can I find a Kurt costume? not like a mask, but his various outfits? Any stores in the Dallas TX area that sell them? Where can you find the right shade of face paint?
Thanks buds
Cris
Think of me, sweet child
As all other things drift away
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

???????Where to find....

Post by Northstars Love »

There really isn't a costume that you can buy. Unfortuately, every piece has to be bought separately. Unless of course you find a costume shop that has the entire outfit for rent. Even then it maybe difficult because usually something like that, being copyrighted, you may find they altered it in some way. Too bad you didn't think of this sooner. A Nightcrawler costume, if you want it to be totally awesome, takes several months to prepare for. My costumes(when I did them)usually takes 3 months to get together because I'm always searching for the right pieces.

Keep checking out the Dallas area. Thrift stores etc...you may get lucky!

Have fun and Good Luck!;)
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

???????Where to find....

Post by NightPoofer »

I have never seen a full costume of Kurt. Only his face... I wonder why they don't sell them. :?
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

???????Where to find....

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I guess Marvel doesn't fancy licensing such a costume. I don't understand why they wouldn't. In fact, they really don't seem to license all that much in the way of Nightcawler items. You'd think with his increased popularity, we would see more. :(

Now if you want Wolverine stuff, well... :evil
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

???????Where to find....

Post by NightPoofer »

Shadow_Dancer's right... I wonder why Marvel doesn't promote Nightcrawler as much as Wolverine? I mean, with enough promotion, Kurt could take Wolverine's place atop the X-men favorites.
Nightgamer
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

???????Where to find....

Post by Nightgamer »

ya, man...that would be so cool. twenty years from now, a descendant of my brothers firend who used to think wolvie's name was xman (cuz he was so prominent) would be like: "wow, x-man is so cool with his blueness and his teleporting and stuff" and nc would have his solo comic, and nc would no longer be friends w/ wolvie, wolvie would be friends w/nc...tho i suppose that wouldnt relly change much....

and whats a bandersnitch/snatch
:icey acolyte of iceman :icey
:kiwi acolyte of kiwi :kiwi
:avalanche avalanche is cool too :avalanche

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass :bamf(CCCC) Member #35 :bamf
Salinea
Lubber
Lubber

???????Where to find....

Post by Salinea »

Agreeing with Northstars, a costume such as Kurt's from the movie or the comics(which would be the easiest:black body suitand red and white felt) would have to be pieced together but the face makeup can be easily found. You could go to a costume shop and buy a little kit and just use the blue paint but I think I've also heard of blue grease paint in use as well.
:read Knowledge is Power!:read

I love:sparrow. Savy?

"Kill the spiders to save the butterflies...It's rational until you realize that by striving for it...you become a spider yourself." ~ Vash

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 28