Let's pretend Kurt is dead for a sec here....

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Think about it, he is a comic book character, do they really actually die? I mean if they killed Kurt, ten years after that Marvel could come up with another fantabulous plot that could bring him back to life.

He would die if he found out how many fans he has, he's never felt so popular!
one name: Bruce Campbell
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

Originally posted by Nightcrawlerfan
I just thought of a good plot. Sinister hires a couple of goonies to kidnap Kurt and bring him to his lab. Sinister pumps Kurt with a serum that will activate any unsurfaced powers. Kurt cries out with pain and Sinister pumps him with another serum to stop the pain. When Kurt sees himself in a mirror and is in shock at what he sees. Himself more ferocious and animal-like. More of a demon. He kills himself because it is his worst fear. The X-men arrive to late and think Sinister killed him. He flees and Logan cries, Scott stands there like an idiot, Jean trying to comfort Logan, the rest grieving silently. Logan swears vengance on Sinister. When Mystique finds out, she totally loses all control. Kurts death opens a rift in the time-space continuum and Kurt Darkholme jumps out and revives him and restores him to normal and jumps back in the rift. Kurt tells the X-men what happened and questions Logan about his tears. The End. There, hows that?

Kurt would never kill himself, his religion says if you kill yourself, you go straight to hell; do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars (I'm paraphrasing, of course).

Now, I like the Deadpool idea, except it should be a 3 iss story. Heres how it should go, first iss Kurt somehow hears about a plot for Deadpool to kidnap Wolverine's son Erista in the savage land for the Weapon X program. Obviosly, he gets Wolverine and they track Deadpool to the savage land. Maybe at the end of iss 1, Logan and Kurt find the boys' mom, Gahck, very bloody and dying. She cant even talk, all she can do is point to the last page, which would be one big picture of Deadpool holding the boy and saying something sarcastic, also there would be to smaller panels of Kurts' and Logans' shocked and angry expessions.

Iss 2, Kurt teleports in, grabs the boy, an ports away. Then, the fight begins between Deadpool and Logan at some point near the middle of the book. Wolverine would get hurled off a cliffside. While all that was going on, Kurt would have told the boy to stay put. Maybe a minor argument, he is from the savage land, after all. Kurt gets back in time to see Logan go over the side. He teleports after him, making multiple ports do to low visability (keep this teleporting in mind, its important) he manages to catch Wolverine before he bounces off of too many out-croppings, and then there is a scream. They give each other a look and Kurt sets Logan down, and he's off to save the boy. Kurt would then get into a sword fight with Deadpool, where you could have some wonderful banter between the 2 of them. The fight and the iss would end with Kurt totally beating Deadpool by cutting off his hands and legs, and Kurt would say something like, "I've done my homework, I know theyll grow back, but you are far less dangerous like this." Kurt would then turn to see if the boy was ok. Deadpool would say something like, "Oww the good guy won't kill." presses a button with his chin, firing a wrist rocket at the boy. Kurt 'ports over and tries to 'port away with the boy, and realizes too late he does not have the strength to 'port them, and the rocket hits him in the back and kills him. At that time, Logan has reached the top to see his best friend get killed for his son. Now onto iss 3...

Iiss 3 would begin with the dismemberment of Deadpool and Logan returning to the mansion with his son(because now that Weapon X wants him, it is no longer safe in the savage land) and Kurts body. That's about three pages. The rest of the iss will be some major mourning by Logan, Shadowcat, and Rachel, with the end being Kurts funeral and there should be a 2 page spread that features almost everyone he ever met with Kitty giving his eulogy.

Keep in mind that I love the elf and am only for this story in "What if" or Exiles format.
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mistress D »

Wow! You've had a lot of time to plot this out! :LOL That sounds totally kick-ass, but what about the coming back to life part? You can't kill Kurty and leave him that way!! :o
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

Thank you very much Bandersnitch.

I actually never gave any thought about killing him before I read this thread yesterday. (becuse if he died I would be quite sad) and it actually took longer to type than to think up. But you can't bring him back thats why it's a "What if" and thanks again, I'm glad you liked it.

By the way, if he died in the mainstream universe, I would definatly want "the return story arc" and I wouldn't care if it made sense, as long as he was back.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I second that. If they got rid of him for good, I'm sure I would be sent to the padded room a heck of alot sooner.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Teklock
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Teklock »

Here's who I would think would mourn his death the most:

Logan: I don't think he would over-react though, crying and what not isn't in character for him really. But, I do think he would be deeply affected by it. Kurt was one of his closest friends.

Kitty Pryde: This one is a no brainer, her and Colossus were hands down his best friends. I think she'd probably go into the same kind of deal that she went through with Pete's death.

Members of Excalibur: These guys were close-nitched, almost more than Kurt is with the X-Men, I think they all considered Kurt a close friend.

Storm: While they've never been romantic-item (unless this changes soon, which it looks like it may in Uncanny), Storm and Kurt were always really lovable toward each other. I think she'd mourn his lost as much as Kitty.

Rogue: They consider each other siblings, so I know she would come.

Amanda Stefon would probably be there, though, I don't know anything current with her, so I don't know if she's dead or what have you.

Same with Cerese, she'd be there, I'm sure.

Warbird would probably attend, she has a decent friendship with Kurt.

Iceman: He'd be there for sure, him and Kurt were pretty decent friends.

ArchAngel: Same as with Iceman, they were good pals.

Beast would be there.

Gambit would be too.

I'm not sure about any other X-Men. I'm sure Scott would attend out of respect, not sure on Emma, I don't think Sage really has much a relationship with him either. Bishop would probably show, Xavier would be there.

Scarlet Witch would probably attend.

His half-brothers, Kiwi and Nils would come, I bet.

I wonder what Mystique's reaction would be. I'm not quite sure on how she would react, I'm sure she wouldn't attend the funeral, but mayhaps she would at least come to his grave later?

I can't think of many others, really.
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

Mind telling me exactly when Logan got a son?
Originally posted by SmoothBamfKurt would never kill himself, his religion says if you kill yourself, you go straight to hell; do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars (I'm paraphrasing, of course).

Now, I like the Deadpool idea, except it should be a 3 iss story. Heres how it should go, first iss Kurt somehow hears about a plot for Deadpool to kidnap Wolverine's son Erista in the savage land for the Weapon X program. Obviosly, he gets Wolverine and they track Deadpool to the savage land. Maybe at the end of iss 1, Logan and Kurt find the boys' mom, Gahck, very bloody and dying. She cant even talk, all she can do is point to the last page, which would be one big picture of Deadpool holding the boy and saying something sarcastic, also there would be to smaller panels of Kurts' and Logans' shocked and angry expessions.

Iss 2, Kurt teleports in, grabs the boy, an ports away. Then, the fight begins between Deadpool and Logan at some point near the middle of the book. Wolverine would get hurled off a cliffside. While all that was going on, Kurt would have told the boy to stay put. Maybe a minor argument, he is from the savage land, after all. Kurt gets back in time to see Logan go over the side. He teleports after him, making multiple ports do to low visability (keep this teleporting in mind, its important) he manages to catch Wolverine before he bounces off of too many out-croppings, and then there is a scream. They give each other a look and Kurt sets Logan down, and he's off to save the boy. Kurt would then get into a sword fight with Deadpool, where you could have some wonderful banter between the 2 of them. The fight and the iss would end with Kurt totally beating Deadpool by cutting off his hands and legs, and Kurt would say something like, "I've done my homework, I know theyll grow back, but you are far less dangerous like this." Kurt would then turn to see if the boy was ok. Deadpool would say something like, "Oww the good guy won't kill." presses a button with his chin, firing a wrist rocket at the boy. Kurt 'ports over and tries to 'port away with the boy, and realizes too late he does not have the strength to 'port them, and the rocket hits him in the back and kills him. At that time, Logan has reached the top to see his best friend get killed for his son. Now onto iss 3...

Iiss 3 would begin with the dismemberment of Deadpool and Logan returning to the mansion with his son(because now that Weapon X wants him, it is no longer safe in the savage land) and Kurts body. That's about three pages. The rest of the iss will be some major mourning by Logan, Shadowcat, and Rachel, with the end being Kurts funeral and there should be a 2 page spread that features almost everyone he ever met with Kitty giving his eulogy.

Keep in mind that I love the elf and am only for this story in "What if" or Exiles format.
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

I'm not exactly sure, but I read about it in the Official Handbook of the Marvel universe X-MEN 2004. Logans' son is mentioned in the known relatives section and in one paragraph i will quote the pertinent info "Logan and his teammates found themselves in the hidden Antartic jungle known as the Savage Land. Finding himself in at home in the prehistoric surroundings, Logan would come to be a regular visitor over the ensuing years. He even fathered a son with a Savage Land native named Ghack."
And that's all I know about his son. I don't know why they don't mention him ever, but I think they should. I want to know the iss that it happened in, so if anyone knows, could ya please tell me, thanks.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Where's your fanfic posted, Ult_Sm86? I'd really like to read it, since I'm working on a "What if Kurt died?" myself.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Marvel don't know what to do with Kurt and don't seem to care all that much about him. If he were to be killed off I have to wonder if they'd even bother bringing him back...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D