Ramifications (Issue 433)

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Okay... Maybe I'm misunderstanding here... Are 432 & 433 even out in stores? Gotta forgive me, kids. I'm not a comic book expert. I don't read much of them. So I really have no idea... ? I just wanted to see these issues because I'm a Nightcrawler fan. So far, the "Draco" stories have been kind of disappointing, I think. I was hoping for a happy ending. Doesn't look like we're going to get a happy ending, though!
Blue candle
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Blue candle »

They're out here, and I live in a very small town in the southeastern US. 434 is due out next week. If you're a Nightcrawler fan, you need to buy the Draco books.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

it may not be a happy ending, but i think it helps strengthen Kurt as a character more than a happy ending would. lookhow he ended up DESPITE everything, it says a LOT about his strength of character.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Hey! Any ending will do as long as Kurt doesn't die will be perfectly fine with me! *crosses fingers* I really want to see what will happen in 434.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

I just have to say that [spoiler]that last picture in 433 of Lorna, Annie and Charles coming though the dimention hole thing in Nils[/spoiler] is such an amazing shot. The color and direction of the picture is so cool, I love that page so much. That is all :D
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Okay, gang... I keep calling the stores, but they're not there. Maybe they will come out as a graphic novel? Anyway... one more dumb question, okay? I am sorta new at using the internet, so forgive this dumb question... Is it just my computer, or is a lot of stuff blocked out so you can't read it? Am I the only one seeing that? How come?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

the trade paperback should be out i think the beginning of January, and will collect 428 through 434.

the blocked stuff is 'spoilers' they're stuff which could potentially ruin the enjoyment of the stories by knowing something you don't want to know ahead of time. if you want to read them, just hilight it with your mouse and it willshow up. ;) to use them, allyou have to do is type (removing spaces) [ spoiler] spoilers![ /spoiler]
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

thank you!!!

Post by thylacine »

Okay, I got to read all that stuff. Wow... That plot sounds nuts!!! I found a store that might have both the issues I missed. I will try to get them & tell you guys what I think... Bye 4 now. :bamf
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

Well... I found 432 & 433. Sorry if you hate me for saying this, folks, but...

Frederick Wertham was right! (He was this famous psychologist in the 1950's who said that comic books needed a higher quality of writing, basically.)

I read it & my impression was that the artwork was bad & the writing quality was worse.

I will probably read 434 to see how it ends, but this whole "Draco" thing is awful.

I shall stick to reading the "reprints" of the classic X-Men stories from now on. (You know the thick books with b&w illustrations that are recycled stuff from the 60's?) I'd rather read about the X-Men before Kurt knew who his screwed up parents were! The stories were goofy, but fun. The worst thing from those old X-Men books was this jerk in a leather diaper running around with a sabertooth tiger, in the Antarctic! Stupid, but cute!

What the heck is wrong with Marvel's writers today? It begins with Bobby being nothing but a head made of ice and this other character (I forget who?) says he drank plenty of water and that should be enough for Bobby to make a body out of... yuck! Then they go to ripping people's arms off... Where's a classy villain like Magneto when you need him? At least he was fun! This story is getting God-awful!