If you got to change *one* thing about Nightcrawler...

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Born Blue
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

QUESTION #2

Post by Born Blue »

Now how would you expand on that one thing you changed?
------ The Man who used to be Man of Letters ------
Well wadda know, I got a Nightcrawler fansite too!
------ http://respect-the-elf.freeservers.com/ -------
kay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by kay »

I don't think the movie Kurt was completely horrific...:cracked *twitch twitch* I would have also definately changed the teeth. They should have been normal with sharp vampire-like fangs. :D and maybe the eyes too...the hair also looked as if it had been spray painted blue...ok I will stop now. Alan Cumming still did a great job though...
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

I agree, Alan did an amazing job with the charicter but the look was all wrong. I wanted fuzz and better hair. Way better hair. It looked like it was spiked or something. I think they were going for untamed curls, which would have been cute, but they were way off. So basicly the eqation is this...
Movie Kurt - scars X (fuzzy X 27 *about* for each year he should have it but apparently didn't) + (hot curls - hair gel) = way better Kurt.
I think the sience behind it is sound enough. You can always trust math.... I did almost fail algebra though.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

If i could change 1 thing about Kurt, it would be that he was the most popular X-man... above and beyond Wolverine! I don't know how I could expand on that...
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

Movie Kurt needs fur. Comic Kurt needs to start to carry his sword around again.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Man of Letters
Now how would you expand on that one thing you changed?
I was already pretty expansive... *idly wonders what Kurt would be like if he'd never been written by Claremont* Hmm. I'll go with that!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nighton
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nighton »

I'd make him joke more.
That would be kul.
The greatest X-team possible:
:) :wolvie :emma :gambit and :icey

Just so you know, some words in my posts are in Swedish.

"Yes." -Einstein, Aristoletes, Alan Cumming, David Prowse, Bruce Springsteen, Tori Amos and many more

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE! PUT ME IN YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Dez
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Dez »

I am one of the five people on the planet who hasn't seen X2, so I can't comment.

I like Evo kurt just the way he is. I don't know, I just think he's so cute :)

For comic kurt, hmm, I guess I'd like to just like to turn back time and bring back his old excalibur self. No priesthood, no retcons of priesthoodness, no demon-but-not-really-daddy, just swashbuckling sword carrying kurt dropped into Uncanny X-men out of some dimensional hole.

Unfortunately, that would mean there were two kurts, so to expand on that one thing, I guess I'd just have to confiscate Uncanny Kurt for myself. Just to alleviate the confusion, that's all... really... :shifty
:husk
"My name is Paige Guthrie, and I am a mutant. I say that as if I were an alcoholic..."
"There're enough Guthries to take over a small country...even without mutant powers." - Paigey again

:maust
Born Blue
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Born Blue »

I am one of the five people on the planet who hasn't seen X2, so I can't comment.
If I was a mod I would ban you. :D
------ The Man who used to be Man of Letters ------
Well wadda know, I got a Nightcrawler fansite too!
------ http://respect-the-elf.freeservers.com/ -------
Azur
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Azur »

if i could change one thing on Nighty ... he would be gay or at least bi
er ... don't kill me please

:dead
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

hmmm I wouldn't mind having another character who's not straight. Why not Kurt? The only one who's out right now is Northstar! We need more out people!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Maybe all those scars in the movie are his penance for all the homosexual yearnings which are forbidden by his ghastly twisted idea of religion.
shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by shakspear »

I would probably change the fact that he was ever a priest. I never really agreed with the concept of Kurt being a man of the cloth depsite his deeply religious beliefs.
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Lauren
hmmm I wouldn't mind having another character who's not straight. Why not Kurt? The only one who's out right now is Northstar! We need more out people!
Sorry, but Kurt is a straight lady's man and always has been. Changing that would completely ruin the character for me (and a number of others as well)

Originally posted by the drastic spastic. Maybe all those scars in the movie are his penance for all the homosexual yearnings which are forbidden by his ghastly twisted idea of religion.
Ahem, I have never insulted your lack thereof, so please do not insult my religion.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

yeah.. that was kinda like a stab at people, Drastic... And if it was for that, I don't think Chuck would have had him making out with Amanda in the Movie comic prequel.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

In the movie, I would give Kurt more confidence! This is a character that always is sure of himself (or is at least fairly cocky :D) in any situation.
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
Originally posted by the drastic spastic. Maybe all those scars in the movie are his penance for all the homosexual yearnings which are forbidden by his ghastly twisted idea of religion.
Ahem, I have never insulted your lack thereof, so please do not insult my religion.
It was only a crack at your religion if you think God wants you to cut your body to ribbons as penance.

Movie Crawler is theoretically Catholic, but he seems to have added his own crazy little twists borrowed from the Dark Ages. Brrr.
darkelf63
Lubber
Lubber

Post by darkelf63 »

Originally posted by Warbird
I like the idea of the angelic symbols, but I have to admit that the scars creep me out a bit. Self-mutilation isn't something i've ever envisioned him doing. .
It suggests something akin to self-flaggelation that some Catholics (and other Christians to a lesser extent I guess) practised in centuries before. I just dont know if Kurt was that zealous...

Comic book Kurt just needs to be a little more happy these days and that nots really him so much as the writers...

I mean he has gone through dark times iof the soul before (like when he met the Beyonder) but lately he has seemed so "off".

Bring back the swashbuckler.

What is the Light brigade? Kurt smokes?:?
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Originally posted by shakspear
I would probably change the fact that he was ever a priest. I never really agreed with the concept of Kurt being a man of the cloth depsite his deeply religious beliefs.
Again, I say, Nighty was never meant to be that religious. The writers just began throwing that in there, fairly abruptly, actually. Despite this, it's all over now, and if I could change one thing about the original comic Nighty, I wouldn't. He's absolutely perfect just the way he is. As far as the others, well I would say I'd make them more like the real Kurt, but in the end, I think, they're who they are, and he's who he is, and that's probably best.
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Dark Stalker
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Dark Stalker »

More emphasis on his skills with the sword and make him fight like movie Kurt other than tht he's pretty cool but I'd like them to totally remove the priest thing not like it happened and then was resolved but as in it never happened to begin with.I'm not adverse to him being religous but becoming a priest is too much.

He's gone back to his old oyutfit or something similar so no problems with his gear but I wish he carried a sword.
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

yeah!

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

i totally agree with you spastik...

absu_****in'_lootly!

(I personally think the fingernail problem kinda makes him look bad, besides, I don't even know where in their ***es they pulled that out! lmao!)

Dave Cockrum struck gold when he created:bamf nightie!:bamf
"Idol hands spend time at the genitals." --'ol drippy--Aqua Teen Hunger Force

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

:bamf Ich bin bamfengel!!! ;pant

"Our masks aren't any kind of gimmick, this is our way of...becoming the music that we play. So ugly, yet, beutiful."--Corey Taylor--Lead Vocals--SlipKnot

"Yeah."--Paul Gray--Bass--SlipKnot

"Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but, only you can feel the warmth"--Some dude I don't know...

:gir :zim :austen :*) :yuck :offtopic :engarde :dance
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

Originally posted by Tracker
In the movie, I would give Kurt more confidence! This is a character that always is sure of himself (or is at least fairly cocky :D) in any situation.
Hell yes...*clap*clap*clap*

Plus, what the hell happened to Kurt's "Prankster" personality??
And I cought not one joke come for kurt's mouth, what's up with that? So much for comic relief...
"Idol hands spend time at the genitals." --'ol drippy--Aqua Teen Hunger Force

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

:bamf Ich bin bamfengel!!! ;pant

"Our masks aren't any kind of gimmick, this is our way of...becoming the music that we play. So ugly, yet, beutiful."--Corey Taylor--Lead Vocals--SlipKnot

"Yeah."--Paul Gray--Bass--SlipKnot

"Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but, only you can feel the warmth"--Some dude I don't know...

:gir :zim :austen :*) :yuck :offtopic :engarde :dance