Kurt's Age when he joined

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

How old was Kurt when he first joined the X-men? I mean, at first I thought he was in his early twenties but then I saw in UXM annual 4 that he was just turning twenty one. So how old was he when he joined? He couldn't have been very young...but he couldn't have been very close to twenty either.... I so confused!:eek
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

he was 20. you have to remember that time in the comic books moves MUCH slower than in the real world. a year in the books can take like, 4 real years. that annual happened back in what, early 80's? and Kitty was 13, she is only 19 now.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

I always get confused when it comes to comic time versus real time, especially after issue 428 of UXM where it says something along the lines of twenty years ago, considering the times when Kurt was with the X-men and Excaliber! I figured that now he'd be about in his early thirties if they were going by somewhat average time thingies.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

the '20 years ago' was an editorial mistake, and it should have read at the very least 25. Chuck has been writing him as in his mid to late 20's, personality wise, but the editors added that bit before printing, and he wasn't aware of it until it was printed. if you figure it out using Shadowcat as a guide, considering she was recently stated to be 19 years old, Kurt would be 27 currently.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

lol, Kitty's the guidelines for Kurt's age:LOL

Yeah, that does sound about right actually. Not too old, but not too young to be inexperienced either...Yay!

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well, in the annual you mentioned, Kitty said she was 13, and Kurt just turned 21. she was recently stated to be 19 in MekaniX... you do the math ;) kitty is a good character to use as a guideline for character aging, because her age is stated more often than most other characters. so if you know how old a character was in comparison to her at any point in the past, you can figure out a close guess for their current age.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

*Does some quick math* so that means that Kurt is exactly eight years older than Kitty so whatever age she is, add eight to it! YAY, I'm learning math skills with Nightcrawler!

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

i dont remeber where i readed it but it said that kurt is something like 16-18
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

that would be either Ultimate or Evo Kurt, not regular comic Nightcrawler
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

616 (comic) Kurt = 26 - 27
Ultimate Kurt = 14?
Evoverse Kurt = 16

He celebrated his 21th birthday in Annual #4.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

I wish ultimate Kurt was at least 16...then it would be more healthy for me to love him!:D

Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Lauren
I wish ultimate Kurt was at least 16...then it would be more healthy for me to love him!:D
Hell, I love the fuzzy blue elf and I'm 37! :LOL
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

sie movie kurt could be 29-34

pure guess :rolleyes
Katzchen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Katzchen »

hehe i dnot care how old he is, in my mind he will always be 17!
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

The only thing that I didn't like about Movie Kurt was that he looked too old. I like him in his twenties, that's how I always think of him, but when I saw the film I was dissapointed to see him looking mid-thirtyish.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Katzchen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Katzchen »

well Alan Cumming is about 38
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

I know he is, and I think he's a wonderful actor and did a great job with the part, however, I think he looks a bit old for it.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

I love alan dearly, but in the part where he does the lord is my shepherd part, does anyone notice that he looks a bit older in that scene than all the others? Creepy...

StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Well i do think Allen looks a little to old for it but i like him as NightCrawler. I like NightCrawler in his twenty or older(but not like in his 50's or nothing). Think that why i don't like Evo Kurt as much. Just seemd too young.
As for that sence i don;t know realy i would have to watch it again(thuogh i have watched way to many time al ready).
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfchickie »

I love alan dearly, but in the part where he does the lord is my shepherd part, does anyone notice that he looks a bit older in that scene than all the others? Creepy...
Perhaps he was aged by grief? ;)
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Yes, but it almost seemed like he had suddenly gotten wrinkles on his face! I was so scared when I saw that on alan's face!

kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

That's because of the tattoos, but if you notice, the guy actually looks younger for his age.
when you put layers and layers of make up on, the tiny wrinkles in your face are more noticeable.
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

I believe ultimate crawler is about 15 now... they stated his age as fourteen in the arc with weapon x.. and then the arc where Kurt comes back Moira mentions how much english he had learned by watching tv over the last "year".... so, around 15-ish
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

I know...Alan is so hot for someone at the age of 38! *squee*

Still, if Ultimate kurt were just one year older, it would be a bit more healthy for a 16 year old to love him.:love

Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Though I believe that Ulti-Kurt is 15 or whatever, its hard to imagine all those muscles and sezzy bulges and pecs are on a guy who's been alive for a decade and a half. im not complaining though....same age diff as my last boyfriend.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.