Kurt's Age when he joined

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

When I first saw him, I was thinking he was like 18, then someone tells me h's fourteen and I was like... wtf? He looks much older!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

He did look much older than 14 in the Return to Weapon X arc. Then again, I imagine being in the clutches of Weapon X and being trained as a 'human' weapon probably ages a person. Now in the most recent issues he looks more like a very badly aging 30 or so - as well as looking kind of like Swamp Thing or some black variation on Frankenstein's monster. I'm not quite sure what's up with that, other than maybe the artist doesn't like him or something - everyone else looks *fairly* normal. He's looked pretty bad in almost every ish he's been in since he came back (except the first one - don't remember the #, but he was driving a car and talking to Moira I think).
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

That's horrible! Why would someone purposely mess up artwork for someone?
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

no one is purposely messing up artwork... this is his job, he wouldn't purposely mess it up. and i talked to Dave Finch, infact Nightcrawler is one of his favourite characters... i guess he justhas a different idea of what he should look like than you do...
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Oh ok... but still, it sounds kind weird to make someone young look really old unless... !!!! Kurt has a new power! He ages really fast!

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

My apologies to Mr. Finch. I went back and looked at 38 & 39 and it was really only 38 that Kurt looked totally atrocious in - and he was only in one panel. He doesn't look at all like 'Thing from the Deep' in 39, though he still doesn't look like a teenager by any stretch. 38 just made such a strong negative impression that it seems to be what stayed in my brain after not having looked at any of them for a few weeks, especially since he was the only one who looked noticeably weird in that panel.
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

I was allways under the impression that Ultimate Kurt was at least 17, he was driving that car like a pro while 'porting.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.