Which Nightcrawler is your favorite?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Honestly, which variations do you guys like the best?

Mine: Movie verse
Ultimate verse
Regular comicverse
Lightning squad Kurt
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by scheherazade »

Hm, of course, comicverse Kurt is the best!

I like Movieverse Kurt, because it's an AU, so I can appreciate the uber-religiousness, as it doesn't contradict his character in that universe.

I liked him very muchly in Excaliber... but that's a part of the comicverse, so doesn't really count, does it?
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

I think I liked the one in the movie best. But the costume could have been better, though.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

For me it would have to be Comic Kurt, especially the Kurt of Excalibur. I must admit that I am so used to thinking in terms of the Nightcrawler of the comics that I found the movie version just a little disappointing. Not that I don't like him, mind you, I just prefer the swashbuckling flirt I first fell for. :D
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

hehe, everybody loves swashbucklers. I think that's why I also like Lightning Squad Kurt too. He was a swashbuckler too albeit a Nazi one.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Katzchen
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Katzchen »

i love the movie kurt:moviecrawler best thats how i first descovered him! :) i dont at all like evo kurt :evokurt Ultimate:ultimate is ok (heheh mainly because at first they never showed him whith a shirt on :naughty)
im new at comicbooks so i dont know many of his alter egos
:peek
KinkyTails
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KinkyTails »

Hmm i guess movie Kurt is ok..but he needs to be Fuzzy:D.. I find that evo kurt is a cutie :p but it just dosent describe him good. So i have to say comic Nighty is better
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Well as for me I like the moive Prequel one the best. I don't know if that artist has done him before but that my fav. Then Moive Kurt come in second.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BamfKat »

Comicverse (616) is of course the best version, the movie version next. I dislike Evo intensly so sorry on that one I don't like it at all...
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Post by bamfchickie »

Oy! Just going with the ones I'm familiar with:

1. Comic Kurt, especially the Excalibur years and Claremont's run on UXM. Fun-loving, goofball, flirty, swashbuckling Kurt. Love it, love it, love it. :D I'm less fond of Ultimate for various reasons, but I still lump him in with comic!Kurt in general, in terms of faves.

2. Movie Kurt. I adore Alan Cumming, and I love what he did with the character. I do wish he had been less shy and withdrawn on occasion, but I think we'll see a shift away from that in X3. *crosses fingers* Plus, there was the whole Kurt/Ro romance. *happy sigh*

3. Evo Kurt. Ugh, ugh, double ugh. Sorry, but I detest Evo for soooo many reasons - the interpretation of Kurt is just one of them. I just can't get into it. Loved TAS, though.
jack7040
Lubber
Lubber

Post by jack7040 »

I like the evocrawler .He is the coolest.Besides he's a teen. I'm a teen he's a teen. Brade Swailie does his voice.That is cool.What more can I say.Crap gotta go. :doh!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Comic crawler was, is, and will be my favorite forever.
i love movie crawler and i like evo kurt, but comic Nighty is the best for countless reasons ;)
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

Comic Kurt is my fav, especially of the swashbuckling variaty. I do however, like all the other versions as well.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by spinifex »

I'm the minority.

I like scrawny, annoying, hyper Evo Kurt best, complete with bad accent ( "Chicks dig zee fuzzy dood!" )and worse jokes. He's cute in a 'the little brother you want to bury in a cave' sort of way. He'll calm down when the testosterone kicks in, and someone hides the sugar and caffeine.

Comic Kurt is a close second, though the only comic one I know is Uncanny. Confident and God loving. Go Kurt!

X2 Kurt is the opposite of Evo Kurt - he seems neutered in comparison to the other two. I do really love the spiritual side, however. He'll hopefully become more playful and exuberent in the third film. I like him third.

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Movieverse: Basically the only NC I know outside of Evo. So, yeah, he's my fave. :LOL

EVO: Hated his accent but liked his personality. The way his legs were built were pretty cool, too.

Ultimate: I really gravitate to characters with tortured pasts, so poor UNC really has my attention. I'd be glad to get ahold of the first comics he appeared in.

Lightning Squad Kurt: That's the Nazi Kurt, right? Sounds pretty cool, from what I hear.

AOA Kurt: Muscles bursting every which direction...cool tattoo over eye...sword...Long hair with rugged stubble...RAWR!! :naughty

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Originally posted by Siona

Lightning Squad Kurt: That's the Nazi Kurt, right? Sounds pretty cool, from what I hear.

~Siona
*pounces and huggles you tightly* thank you!

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Early X-Men Kurt (from when he joined the X-Men to when he joined Excalibur)
Excalibur Kurt
AOA Kurt
Evo Kurt
Most of the single issue AU Kurts

Mmm. Reminds me of why I started coming to the site in the first place. Too bad I can't stand any of the current interpretations. :(
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I like them all. But if I narrow it down, I like the bad a**es:

AoA NightCrawler (AKA) Kurt Darkholme and
Lightning Squad Kurt*it has got to be the macho attitude, shades and that darn sexy uniform.*Image“Is that any way to welcome one who is about to transport you to untold heights of ecstasy?”
one name: Bruce Campbell
Murdock
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Murdock »

I've got to go with AOA Kurt and Lightning Squad Kurt.

AOA Kurt's got that nice tattoo over his eye and I love tha one quote on the Alternate Kurt's page for him.

The Lightning Squad Kurt is awesome too, albeit being a Nazi.
Saol na saol, Tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo. Go deo.
Tóg do chroí.
Siúl trí na stoirmeacha. Tóg do chroísa. Gabh trí na stoirmeacha.
Turas mór. Trom trí na Stoirmeacha. :rainy
shankjam
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by shankjam »

I'm so dissapointed that so few people even mention Ultimate Kurt in their posts! I like him the best, despite not knowing all that much about the comics. Though I did flip through and look at his parts when i came across a collection of the ultimate series in a book store last week.

I think its may be my desire to play big brother to a young brother. I do have a younger brother, but only by about 2 years, so it just isnt the same! Though I guess I did get to play the big brother in the fanfic i started here....well sorta i guess :P
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

I like Evo Kurt. He's cute & funny. The X-Men cartoon from the 90's has a good Kurt too.
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mistress D »

Welp, I first discovered X-Men from the movie. It's actually kind of a funny story (here I go again...), y'see, I saw the first two movies, and then I, being a born nitpicker, decided that it would be uber-cool if I got to know all the other mediums of X-Men, so I could nitpick along with the best of them! Bwuahaha!!! ^_^ But Movie-verse isn't my fav. I think the original comic Kurt is my fav. :) Movie in a close second. Evo in third. He's annoying as hell, but he just makes me giggle!! ^_^ "Blue-boy to mother goose, the chickens are leaving the roost. Repeat, the chickens are leaving the roost." "Kurt, I'm right here. And why are you talking like that?" :D ;)
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by shankjam
I'm so dissapointed that so few people even mention Ultimate Kurt in their posts! I like him the best, despite not knowing all that much about the comics. Though I did flip through and look at his parts when i came across a collection of the ultimate series in a book store last week.
It's probably because he's barely shown up, and so we don't really know him. And I quit reading after he didn't show up for awhile after that one issue he appeared in where he teleported the car... so even with the big pic of him at the top of the page, I forgot all about him. :oops
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir