Have you bought nightcrawler stuff on ebay?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Winnowill »

They have weird stuff like this- marvel mighty beanz- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=55415

They have a Nightcrawler "bean". Does anyone know what that is? I also wonder about the Dave Cockrum art- it's hard to know what is legit, and what isn't. Has anyone had a bad experience? I noticed a set of ten lithographics supposedly signed by Dave for 19.95- with the creature from the black lagoon, etc. Seems a little too cheap.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Not quite sure what it is. I guess it is a bean. They have Phoenix and other heroes and villians. Not even sure how bigsmall it is. They are weird tho.

As for Ebay, I have been ripped off twice this year. But most of the people selling things are pretty honest. Look at the person's feedback. If there is a lot of negative, then I wouldn't buy from them.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

I've been using eBay for ... (checks feedback) five years this Sunday. The worst problem I ever had was a slow seller on a really big-ticket item - he had 100% positive feedback, then I won my bid and suddenly negative comments started appearing from other buyers ... apparently he'd gotten in over his head and wasn't meeting his commitments. When his contact phone number turned out to have been disconnected and started looking up people with his last name in his area code, the first house I called was his parents', and they gave me his unlisted cell. Amanda was rolling on the floor when I called to express "concern" - as he said "It's your quiet, polite, taking-no-bullshit voice". I did get my stuff. All's well that ends well.

(1) If you're buying collectibles on eBay - check the seller's feedback, not just the total numbers but the negatives. If there've been any recently, dig through the rest to see what they were for.

(2) Unless you're bidding on a unique item or one you already know is rare, don't jump in and start bidding; get a feel for what items in that condition usually go for. Check a collectors' price guide.

(3) With comics and other collectibles, look at the sellers' other auctions and see if they deal with a lot of this. People who aren't comics collectors (they're just selling off their kids' unwanted collections or whatever) won't understand grading, and I think a lot of sellers tack "NM" onto comics lots because they see everyone else doing it, not because they know anything about how comics are graded. This is the biggest single problem I've had on eBay; I've gotten comics billed as NM with water damage, resale prices written on the front in ballpoint ... I pretty much only buy comics there to fill in story gaps, though, so I just bid assuming the condition's not as represented.

(4) Get in touch with the seller right away if there are problems. I've never had to do this, but if you need to complain to eBay or PayPal, you'll want to establish that you made a good-faith effort to resolve the problem.

The Nightcrawler bean is a Mighty Bean. The Marvel line looks new.

As for those lithographs - Dave might well remember signing them, so you could ask in his forum, where for all I know he'll say he signs so much stuff he can't remember. I somehow doubt there's such a big market for Cockrum's autograph that people are forging it. And the $19.95 price could represent a lot of things. Is it a "Buy It Now" price, in which case the seller really is willing to let it go for that amount? An opening bid, in which case it may well go for a lot more? The final auction price after bidding?
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by jimmy »

*gasps*:surprise

how cute its a bean! :D
its adorable
*throws the bean up in the air and catches it* ^_^
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Oooh. I want the Gambit bean, it's adorable.

These are quite small, I think.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
fuzzy yukon
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzy yukon »

hey that looks a helluva lot like a weeble! (anyone remember those, "weebles wobble!, but they never fall down!)

Also a note on buying on ebay, I'm a seller on ebay (I run a VERY small buisness on there selling art exhibition posters and lithographs), and i can say the best way to guage a seller is to check there feedback, and also to ask them questions PRIOR to buidding. By asking them questions before bidding you should get a good feel for how their communication is and there communication, (since ebay is a kinda honors system of trading) should in turn provide you with a clearer idea of how informed they are about there product and how prompt they are on meeting their customers needs. I agree with what bunny has said , and would also like to add that bidding at the last minute on an item is a really good way to snatch those items you really want (sorry its sneaky but, it works, and i send by apologies to all those i've nabbed items from) :smirk watch out winnowill just when you think you've won that nightcrawler bean.. i might be lurking, posting that final 50c bid.....
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Winnowill »

Hey! That's my bean! lol
I was thinking this morning it was too bad that Dave Cockrum didn't have his own website where he could sell pics with his autograph, etc. I hate the idea of buying comics or lithographs with his sig, and giving the money to someone else.
jack7040
Lubber
Lubber

Post by jack7040 »

No. And I dont plan to. Get it got it good! Sorry I just had to yell. Hey did you bigh something on eBay. :faint
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

hah those look like lego men.

I bought a Dave Cockrum Nightcrawler from Ebay once.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I got just about every Nighty thing I own from ebay...I'd be quite Nighty-less without it...I haven't encountered any problems thus far...apart from the fact that shipping is a killer...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I have never bought that many things on the internet because I don't have a full trust on the person or shop I'm buying it from on E-bay. I guess actually meeting and speaking with the person who I might buy something from makes me more secure about what I buy.
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Well i use e-bay to. Though i don't bid much. I normal but thr iteam if i can. I have had little negatvie thing happen on e-bay(or half.com). So I use is a lot. I make sure to check out the buyer. Can make the differense between good item adn a bad one.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
meiko
Lubber
Lubber

Post by meiko »

I just got some comics, still waiting for them, actually, but I have to say the Kubricks figure was pretty tempting.....
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

I've bought a number of Excalibur comics, after mine disappeared, and a shirt, and a mini bust, so far anyway...
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
spinifex
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by spinifex »

I've only used ebay a few times, and it tended to be for really obscure items that I had a hard time finding locally, like krumkake makers (makes a type of Norwegian cookie called a krumkake), and some crucifixes I thought were beautiful.

Not high ticket items, by any means. I've never bought any NC stuff on ebay.

C-ko
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about right or wrong – it's a question of faith. It doesn't matter what you believe in – just that you believe. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains gotta wake up!" -Dogma-
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

every time i try ro buy something nightcrawler on ebay i loose! so i kinda given up on the ebay thing, because i eventually find it in the stores!:)
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Angel of the Night
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Angel of the Night »

Ive bought quite a few Nightcrawler items off ebay. the 89 miniseries, a few original art pieces -my favorites- and also i got the big promo card from the new RPG game.
i got burned on that one,though.
when i first saw those pop up on ebay i scrambled to bid on the first one i saw (it was only a few min before it closed).
it was foolish of me because (like Bamf Bunny suggested) i didnt do my homework on the seller.
what this person did was copy the description from another persons ebay item( the same kind of item, same pic, same text word-for -word, everything) includeing the S&h price ($5.00).
well, when i won the item i told the person i would like to have insurance on it (she said it was an extra $2.00).
when i got it this person sent it in a plain Manilla eanvelope (no cardboard protecting it, nothing) so it was damaged not only by the shipping but also by the eanvelope itself (by the metal clasps used to close it ) and part of the autograph was rubbed off by the eanvelope too.
what really irked me (on top of all this) was the fact that when i saw the final price for her to ship it, it came to the astronomical price of .65 ¢!
:mad
if she wouldve only spent maybe 25 more cents (for cardboard) it wouldve been padded and in better condition when i got it!
moral of the story:
do your homework on the seller and if its a high priced item just ask how they will ship it.

but dont get me wrong, there are some very nice, very responsible sellers (ive met one that i trust so much i buy all the time from apart from ebay) but just buyer beware!
BLUE_2007
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by BLUE_2007 »

I've bought a couple of Nighty things on e-bay. I bought a t-shirt about a year ago, and also the newer Icons miniseries. (I usually get clothes on e-bay)
Holy crap, it's been awhile!
nightcrawler30
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by nightcrawler30 »

scince we are on the ebay-crawler subject check out what i found!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting
they are lke the DC's pocket heroes! so you can have some of the fuzzy man when ever you want! here is a close up of the iceman one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=36583
here are some more:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=48972
and here is a wolverine:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=36583
they look pretty cool!
Master of Pupets Pulling your stings twisting your mind and breaking your dreams- Master Of Pupets

The Horsemen are drawing nearer On the leather steeds they ride They have come to take your life.
Archangel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Archangel »

I bought the mutaint X series figures. I bought 2 fallens but only got 1 and the person never sent it to me ever I payed for it and everything... I was sadened... and i never got my second fallen
"There are things that go bump in the night. We are the ones who bump back." ~Professor Broom~

"When you see red: Stop. When you see blue: Bamf. And when you see the ground.. Well, I told you to stop."
~Ryo and Hushy~