Lightning Squad Kurt: Pure Evil? Or Simply a Pawn for Hitler

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Lightning Squad Kurt: Pure Evil? Or Simply a Pawn for Hitler?

Total votes: 0

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Honestly, he was RAISED to be a Nazi...so they say anyway. So what do you think? Evil or good. And the fact that he smokes does not make him evil by the way.

*EDITED by a moderator because of double posting*

oops...yeah, for those who couldn't guess... the thing in the middle is nothing. Twas a mistake.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Winnowill
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Winnowill »

I guess the question would be do you think nazis were evil or not. Since he was an adult and still followed that path, I voted yes. I'll probably be the only one, though.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

LS Kurt tried to rape Meggan. That's all the evidence I need that he's not just misguided - his moral compass isn't pointing north.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I didn't know Hitler promoted rape. Particularly of allies. They were allies, weren't they?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Well i don't know that much about LS NIghtCrawler but from what I do know, I think he has went evil.
Though becouse i don't know eveything about that one i did not vote.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
bamfboy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by bamfboy »

Yeah, but he was raised to believe that what he was doing was right, and there was no-one around him to show otherwise
Since he was an adult and still followed that path, I voted yes.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lightning Squad Kurt: Pure Evil? Or Simply a Pawn for Hitler?

Post by Warbird »

The Hitler Youth are a good example of the fact that it was mass brainwashing. Most those kids were taught to belive that the Nazis were helping Germany. Young grils were getting pregnant just to help the cause. I don't however think that rape was incouraged becasue they didn't want the races intermixed however, Hitler and the SS did bring approuved girls to camps where they were forced to have sex with soldiers untill they were pregnant. Sooo to sum that all up, I think he's brainwashed just like many young germans of the time.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I voted evil because of what he did. It seems kind of weird to see Kurt evil, even though there are a couple evil Kurts.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Actually it was more of a very forceful seduction than out and out rape...but he still didn't look like he was going to take no for an answer...

I'd say he was a product of his environment...not actually evil...certainly hedonistic...but far from good...

Should I pimp my kinda related fanfic now?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

I tend to lean towards the belief that the only reason why he's a Nazi is because he was raised in a world where Germany won the war and was able to make their beliefs law and true and unquestionable. How can someone living in that world be able to say, "Hey, I don't think what the Nazis have taught me is true, in this country..." Because there are no countries in his world that haven't been brainwashed into believing Hitler! He has nothing else to go by except Earth 616 after being sent there after years of brainwashing have all ready been used.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Zix »

I don't know, how do you measure evilness anyway? Is it subjective or something that exists?

I'm sticking in the center, as I haven't quite worked out what evil is yet.
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

I'm going to sound like an idiot here, but what is Lightning Squad?
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

In Exaclibur 9-12 I think... this group came and they came from a world whre Hitler won the war and Nazi's ruled. LS Kurt is that world's Nightcrawler. it's better explained in alternate kurts.

thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

I don't know what Lightning Squad is either. I missed that story!
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

Originally posted by Lauren
In Exaclibur 9-12 I think... this group came and they came from a world whre Hitler won the war and Nazi's ruled. LS Kurt is that world's Nightcrawler. it's better explained in alternate kurts.
Thank you ever so much. This goes back to the whole product of your enviroment thing. If someone has a twisted morals system like LS Kurt must have had, can he really be consitered evil? To him I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing as he was raised to belive that he was. This in no way condones his being a Nazi but would go to explain it. He is still evil however as he was raised to be as such. If he was raised diffrently and latter made the concous desision to become a Nazi, that would be like, extra-strength evil. I do however find it odd that Hitler would suffer a mutant to live, especialy one who looked like Kurt, in his arean society.

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Well, picture yourself extremely vile and evil for a minute. Are you really gonna waste someone who looks like a demon when he can terrify the "inferior people" you're still hunting down? Or are you going to bend him to your will and make him do as you wish and be the one with a pet demon by your side?

SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Hmmm, I'd stick in the center. In my opinion, his actions are wrong and evil, but he is right of his own accord. I guess that leaves us with the age old "No one thinks they're the villain" quote...
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

Good point. Every see a movie called "Falling Down"? The main charictor didn't even know he was the bad guy untill the end of the movie when the cop pointed that out to him.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Hitler didn't condone rape so far as I know, so his being a Nazi is mostly extraneous to the question of whether he was evil. I mean, yeah, there's the whole question of whether Nazis were evil when they were "just following orders" but even other than that I'd say he was one messed-up evil mutha... I still kinda like him though. He was such an entertaining sleaze...
Originally posted by Nandireya
Should I pimp my kinda related fanfic now?
Yes!!! I wouldn't have read it otherwise... :oops
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

It really goes back to how a child is brought up. Most often, when children are brought up around hate and persecution, they will themselves promote that kind of belief or that of the general population. I am very perticular about what is considered good and what is considered evil. Evil may be a mass murderer like Hitler or Saddam Hussein, and good is someone who helps others. Kurt neither mass murders nor helps people, so I find him in the middle. Caught up in a place where it is normal to hate fellow man and if you do not, you are thrown in with the hated. It is hard to tell whether his intentions are good or he really is a brooding, hateful person. After the holocaust, many concentration camp Nazi soldiers were put on trial, though probably a fraction of them wouldn't have done so if they had not been pressured, brain-washed, or forced to do that horrific job. That is why it is so hard to determine the state of mind (good or evil-wise) people are in when following a large group of others.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

That is why it is so hard to determine the state of mind (good or evil-wise) people are in when following a large group of others.
That is very true-and being in a uniform makes a differnce too. If you are in a uniform then it is easier to get into a 'them vs. us' mindset. Also, add in the type of 'education' a person gets and upbringing...Well, it takes a very strong person to overcome the belief system one has had drilled into one's head. And that also takes being introduced and taught at least a little about other ways of thinking. So is he evil? No, probably not.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

*huggles Lightning Squad Kurt* See? People like you and understand! *huggle*

little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

He's evil. To say, "Well, he never learned any different" is imho, bullcrap, especially considering he did have opportunity to see how his learning is faltered. Everyone has the ability to stop and think if what they're doing is wrong, no matter what, and if they refuse to do so, they obviously have no good in them.
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

He sound evil to me, but all I'm saying is without proof, its impossible to judge whether something comes from character or experience. Do not judge unless you know. That's all.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.