Full-Size Nightcrawler Statue from Bowen!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

Bowen just posted some news about stuff hes working on now that they have the Marvel license again...

“Heres your bone: First statue will either be Galactus (over 18" tall: in scale w/mini-statues) or Colossus (working on both at the same time). Next will be the 1970s Ghost Rider. Black Panther, Nightcrawler and Juggernaut will follow. First statues should start shipping at the beginnng of the Summer, Silver Surfer is also planned.

Mini-busts: Dr. Doom, Punisher, Morbius, the Falcon, Quicksilver, the Watcher , Mystique,Electro (new design) , Doc Samson. Abomination, and finishing off the Inhumans (Karnak, Triton, Crystal,Gorgon).

Many more are planned. I just need to focus on the sculpting, and not be distracted by this darn forum page...
So please be patient.

Thanks!
-Randy”

Im torn between Yay! and Arrgh! I downsized my statue collection considerably when Bowen announced they lost the license, including the full-sized Wolverine. And I didnt bother getting any of the other full-sized X-Men.

Now the prospect of having a full-size Claremont/Cockrum X-Men set with Wolverine, Cyclops, Phoenix, Colossus, Storm and Nightcrawler...not to mention the other pieces Im keen on (Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Mystique mini-bust)...*sigh* Guess Ill need to start hitting eBay and cons for good deals...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Great news !

I'm really interested in the Nighty statue, of course, but I think I'll perhap's buy Samson, Doom and Mystique as well, if they look great -which is often the case with Bowen.
And a big Juggernaut you say... Damned ! I'll loose all my money...

Do you think the Nighty big statue will be the same than the mini-statue ? I'd prefer to see Kurt standing rather than crouching...
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Don't mean to be picky...but wouldn't a full-size Nightcrawler be 5' 9"? Still...a decent sized statue of Kurt would be sweet...too expensive for this little black duck though...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

I meant full size (1:6 scale) as opposed to the mini (half) size statues (1:12 scale). But here's the concept art:

http://www.bowendesigns.com/exe/viewIma ... oncept.jpg
Zix
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Zix »

Oh damnit. I do like that concept art and it would be nice to have a Bowen's Nighty statue that actually had the eyes coloured (as opposed to just blue).
Do you know how much they'll be charging for it?
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 31 :engarde

:bunnyWe are the Bunny Warriors. Fear Us. :bunnyBunny impersonator #12 :bunny