Kurt and Angel

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
theindigojester
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt and Angel

Post by theindigojester »

Howdy,
Would anyone mind telling me the relationship that the comic Kurt had with Angel, if any? How they met, what they felt about each other, where they ever close friends, what his full name is, any useful websites, etc. I am getting ideas for a fanfic and I just need some more information. Thanks in advance.
"A face only a mother could hurl into a river."
:):evokurt:moviecrawler:ultimate;)
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt and Angel

Post by TelegramSam »

His full name is Warren Worthington III I think. It's been a while since I've read the comics, so I could be wrong.
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt and Angel

Post by Warbird »

That's his name all right. Kurt and he went on alot of missions together without too many other team members, and ran the second team together, even though it was technicly kurts. I'd say they're pretty good friends. They at least really respect each other.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Kurt and Angel

Post by Garble »

They first met in Giant Size X-Men #1 when the new, international X-Men rescued the original team. Right after that though Warren left the X-Men along with most of the original team.

It's been shown in some back stories that Angel and Iceman resented the new X-Men, including Nightcrawler and were rather hostel to them.

They interacted very little until Warren got captured by the Morlocks and the X-Men (including Nightcrawler) came to rescue him.

When Warren came back to the X-Men, Nightcrawler had gone to Europe and was a part of the team, Excalibur. So, in comicbook time, they haven't been teammates for very long.
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt and Angel

Post by bamfchickie »

A friend of mine who is a big Angel fan told me Warren's middle name was Kenneth. I don't know if that's true or not ... just tossing it out there. :)
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt and Angel

Post by Warbird »

I don't know if I like that. He needs another W(insert vould here)R name. Like Warren Worton Worthington.:D

Doesn't that have a nice ring to it?
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt and Angel

Post by Lauren »

I don't think Angel really resented them, because when he was hitting on Storm, he said that Bobby was just a kid and didn't understand the possibilites he then proceded to mack on her some more....then he fought with wolverine....*sigh*
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt and Angel

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Never read an Angel-Crawler fic.... most people tend to lean towards Kurt and Logan. But it could be interesting. Some of my favorite fics take some tiny event or aspect of a story and turn it into something more or just elaborate. :D
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt and Angel

Post by Lauren »

I've read and written a few fics where Warren and Kurt brawl it out! those are so funny because Kurt always wins.:D
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
theindigojester
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt and Angel

Post by theindigojester »

No, I am not planning on having them fight...at least not right away. I am hoping to give an interesting twist to an already existing story. Don't want to say too much. ;) I'll post a link here when I get the first part done if you'd like.

And thank you all for the info. It has helped.
"A face only a mother could hurl into a river."
:):evokurt:moviecrawler:ultimate;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Kurt and Angel

Post by Nandireya »

Kurt and Warren have always been on friendly terms...the only new X-Man Warren didn't like was Logan, mostly because he put the moves on Jean...Logan was just not a likable guy back then, in fact Kurt was probably the first one to attempt to bring him more into the team...

They were teammates for a while...fighting together on the moon for Jean in the Dark Phoenix Saga...Warren even 'saved' Kurt whilst training when Kurt found the wall he leapt to was frictionless (he thanked Warren but told him he could have simply teleported to the ground), but Warren went left to run the family business (I think) then became a founding member of the original X-Factor.

Both Kurt and Warren suffered horrific injuries during the Mutant Massacre...Warren lost his wings and Kurt was put in a coma (and was pretty much non-powered on awaking from it...he could only teleport once a day and it totally wore him out to do so). Warren eventually rejoined X-Factor as Archangel and Kurt went on to be a founding member of Excalibur...but they both, obviously, found their way back to the X-Men...both ending up on what I like to call the Away Team...they don't seem to spend a whole lot of time at the mansion...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Carablea
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt and Angel

Post by Carablea »

Are you writing a slash fic? I love slash :D

Umm I think they're friends. And yes, Warren's full name is Warren Kenneth Worthington III. Trust me, I own X-Men Encyclopedia ;)
I'm trying not to move
It's just your ghost passing through