retractable tail?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Lady Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

retractable tail?

Post by Lady Bamf »

I was just wondering if anyone has heard, previously to the Nocture Story, of Nocturne having a retractable tail. It seemed to me that the only reason that this was mentioned is because it looked like the artist messed up and gave her a tail in the first few scenes. Thanks to anyone who has further info and comments.:)
Blue is Beautiful
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

retractable tail?

Post by Warbird »

I think that wasn't a mess up at all. I think it was a joke, becuase, in the begining of the series, she was drawn with a tail, and then it misteriously dissapeared. The whole retracting tail thing, and her only having a tail in a few pages of this arc, seemed to just be poking fun at it.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

retractable tail?

Post by Lauren »

Honeslty, I can just see them going "Hey, we really need to explain why we keep messing this up!" and voila, retractable tail.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Lady Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

retractable tail?

Post by Lady Bamf »

Ok, so it was like they hadn't formally decided if she has a tail or not so they came up with the retractable tail as an explaination of past issues. I see.:)
Blue is Beautiful
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

retractable tail?

Post by little Blue Lucy »

I'm sorry, but that just seems rather icky to me!:yech
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Nova
Lubber
Lubber

retractable tail?

Post by Nova »

ok i'm kinda new on the whole x-men thing, but who is Nocturne? (please don't hurt me for my ingnorence:blindfold)
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

retractable tail?

Post by LadyErin »

No problem! Nocturne is the daughter of Nightcrawler and the Scarlet Witch in one of Marvel's many AU's. And we don't bite...honest...unless you want us to...:halogrin
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
mightiest_mortal
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

retractable tail?

Post by mightiest_mortal »

Maybe nightcrawlers gotta retractable tail too, he just doesnt know cos he's never tried retracting it.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

retractable tail?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Basically, what happened was Califiore designed her with a tail....McKone didn't draw a tail in the first few issues...then Califiore did draw the tail....The McKone didnt again...then Califiore didn't as well, then McKone did for soem reason. Then Henry came in and didnt draw a tail, and it was thought there was def no tail....but, we were wrong...

Personally..I hate the retractable tail idea...I'd rather they just ignored the mistake then make up a lame excuxe.....but thats just the Nocturne lover in me...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

retractable tail?

Post by Lauren »

it does seem kind of stupid if you think about it. "Oops, we keep messing up this character design, so let's give a lousy excuse and hope to god it works."

God forbid that just ignore it and pick either no tail or tail.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

retractable tail?

Post by Garble »

I thought it was kind of a lame explination, but I did like that the made a joke about it.

I still like my explination better. ;)
http://www.deviantart.com/view/5117077/
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

retractable tail?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I really like the Angelfire pictures in Andy's avatar and Lisa's sig. Twins!

And the retractable tail is lame.

Edit: Andy's pic loaded. LMAO!!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Gambit
Lubber
Lubber

retractable tail?

Post by Gambit »

XD Morph's at it again!
If anyone cares when someone makes a mess up like that and hasn't explained it...it's called a plothole
Family Tree
Now known as Metlord. >.>

Hello, everyone.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

retractable tail?

Post by Lauren »

BWAHAHAHA! that picture is so funny!:LOL:LOL your explanation IS better than theres! *rolls on floor, hugging self tightly*

Nightcrawless
Lubber
Lubber

retractable tail?

Post by Nightcrawless »

ok another lame question--who's morph?
[and yes i do know about Nocturne tho LOL]
darkelf63
Lubber
Lubber

retractable tail?

Post by darkelf63 »

Well they kind of stated it now right? So They have to ride with it I guess.

Why is the retractable tail "icky"? They are mutants.. it not as gros than bones growing through a girls skin or a digestive stytem made of slugs.

Morph is a shape-shifter. In the 616 reality he was named "Changeling" in the Exiles team, where Nocturne is , you can find him. He is white and utterly maleable. An X-men in his reality and a former avenger. The team Joker