Nightcrawler #1 - #4 disscussion

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Nighty's book is due the last week of the month (along with about 80% of the titles I get)...Previews comes out the second last week of the month...my comic supplier sends me my comics when Previews comes out...that means I have to wait until either the last week of October or the first week of November to see the book...and to find out that they've actually added it to my list (they forget things all the time...frikken' idiots!).

It's all just so miserably unfair! :(
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Darick, here are the two 12" Nightcrawler figures I told you about. He used the head, arms, feet and tail from the 12" figure. So, he didn't create the figure from scratch. But he did create a X-3 leather outfit for him. Wolverine is also in the pic in street clothes.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/ ... 010057.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/ ... 010055.JPG
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

I just saw your page, Darick, and it is F'N awesome. The elf has been my favorite since I first saw him on Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. Your art truly does him justice and I can't wait for September.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

see, this is what i miss while i go out of town...

Darick, that page is GREAT! i love it, you've captured his personality so well. i just love it. :)
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

That's...wow, Darick. I love it!

And it sounds as if we're finally getting the fun swashbuckling ladies man Kurt back! Be gone, angst!

So...when do the pages from the first issue go up for sale? ;)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

Thanks all.

Original art won't be on sale til 6 months afetr the book comes out.
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
Darick, here are the two 12" Nightcrawler figures I told you about. He used the head, arms, feet and tail from the 12" figure. So, he didn't create the figure from scratch. But he did create a X-3 leather outfit for him. Wolverine is also in the pic in street clothes.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/ ... 010057.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/ ... 010055.JPG
Yeah I was originally going to go that route, but then thought the challenge of sculpting from nothing would be fun. It was!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

Darick> Did you still use the 12' X2 Nightcrawler's tail or did you sculpt that, too? And did you swipe the clothes off some other figure or do you know how to sew, too?
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

No, I don't know how to sew.

Wish I did!

I pieced the clothes together from other figures and yes, I used the tail from the rotoscope Nightcrawler because sculpey tends to be brittle when thinned out.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

I wish I knew how to sew, too. I don't really have any reason to need to...but seeing Zamweasel, who made an AWESOME X2 Nightcrawler costume, having so much fun in her costume and talking with her about making Heathen Sent costumes for us for our booth at San Diego next year made me want to learn.
fuzzydude.tk
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzydude.tk »

I went yesterday and put a standing order in for this series... I await it with open arms and baited breath. All that concerns me is living over here as I do, I won't get issue #1 until at least a day after my american comrades. It may not seem like much, but after all this time waiting, the anticipation of one more day might kill me... I want it now. :(
fuzzydude.tk - Chicks Dig It
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Ooh Darick, you said the magic word. :engarde

If Nighty is going to be carrying a sword, even only on occasion, I'll be in heaven. I'm getting more excited about this series all the time.

And that fencing sketch from your portfolio, who hoo, loved it! :love
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

I am just glad that we have someone that loves the character working so hard on the comic. I hate it when some one gets a hold of Nighty (writer or artist) and makes him nothing but comic relief or a tool to make someone else look better or cooler. I am trying to get all the old issues of Excalibur and I love the first ones that came out but when you start to get into the later ones the art and story just starts falling apart. Kurt and Kitty just seem so… off. :(
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

I don't want to imply that Kurt will be carrying a sword. I just said that fencing will be included...
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I. Just. Saw. That. Page. :o

Dammit! Now you've got ME waiting for September!!

Those pencils are beautiful. Those inks are beautiful. The whole damned thing is beautiful.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

I've seen over 80% of the inks for issue one. I can't brag about my own stuff, I can only see the mistakes, but Wayne Faucher's inks are really, really rockin'!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I imagine though, that if asked, Mr. Faucher would say that his inks were only a reflection of the awesome pencilling, or something like that. Right? :)

Everyone is their own worst critic. You should hear me bitching about my own sewing.

Speaking of which - If you ever want some clothes for your figures... Let me know.

-e

I've been considering fixing the wardrobe on my X2 Nightcrawler with scraps left over from my costume since they toy maker got it pretty much all wrong. (What's with the sleeve cheat on the coat? I hate that!)
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

B&W preview for the first three pages are creeping around the internet (i guess marvel released them).

As usual, awesome art Darick! Cannot wait so see the book and eventually pick up a page!
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Crawler »

ComiX-Fan has 4 pages up for perusal: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/sho ... hp?t=29667

Darick> Who's the girl in the double page? And on the third page, that bamf effect is just BEAUTIFUL. I love it!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Duuuuuuude (in hushed, reverent whisper)... They look awesome! I can't wait. Now I'm more intrigued than ever....
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Can I buy the originals Darick? :shifty

Would it help if I begged? :puppy

Great art man! One more month. Just one more month. :D
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Oh man they look good.

One month, can't wait. :)
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

Hay Crawler I think it's Storm because of the shape of the pupils in her eyes. But then again she seems a bit short. I think my guess is as good as yours.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Wicked! I just need to say again, I love how young and facially attractive you've made Kurt, Darick. *thumbs up* He looks like you could almost reach out and touch him.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by Crawler
Darick> Who's the girl in the double page?
Yeah, I second that question.. I'm in between thinking its Storm, and for some reason my mind really thinks it looks like Emma (though the fact shes wearing black probably kinda proves me wrong..) .. but that may just be because i *want* it to be Emma.... but that last panel is SUCH an Emma looking glare... :puppy
Call me King!