Nightcrawler #1 - #4 disscussion

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

Actually, thats what the Editor does. He keeps all the story lines straight.

Roberto wanted to do something with teh Christine character and because of what's ahppening in Uncanny, Mike said that it wouldn't work.

And of course we try to respect continuity as often as possible.

But we don't all sit around a big table and work it our per se.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

I'd imagine it would get pretty confusing if you did. Every writer/artist throwing down their ideas ... conflicting with everyone else's ... a heated discussion turns into an all-out wrestling match with staplers and file folders ...
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by DoomInABox
I'd imagine it would get pretty confusing if you did. Every writer/artist throwing down their ideas ... conflicting with everyone else's ... a heated discussion turns into an all-out wrestling match with staplers and file folders ...
Break out the pop-corn and bettin' money!:evil:P
one name: Bruce Campbell
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

No, it's never that interesting.

It's more like I get a cll or an e-mail saying "We have to change that scene. Did you draw XYZ yet? OK, then don't."

Or, I'm there with an eraser...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Well, I sure hope the Kurt/Ororo non-relationship in Uncanny will not affect Kurt's relationship with women in general.

I don't wanna see Kurt depressed, please ! We've had enough of that lately.
Plus, I like the Christine Palmer character. I hope we'll learn to know her.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Originally posted by Bitsy

Why is Amanda in Limbo? Did she die or something? I roughly know the history behind those two, but I may need a refresher course.
I haven't read any comic with her before this, but from what I've gathered she's there to keep the demons at bay or something.
Is this going to be a PERMANENT series, like Mystique, or just a mini-series that lasts four issues?
Bad example, she's cancelled, but from a previous post by Darick saying something about him hoping to making it to issue 50, I'm guessing it's permanent.

Thanks again, guys! I can't wait till the next issue! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Join the club... only about two weeks!!!!:D:D
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Two weeks are an eternity right now !
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Originally posted by Diablo
Two weeks are an eternity right now !
Definitely :(

*Starts thinking of ways to speed up two weeks*
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Eeeeeeeeeeee!!! BEAUTIFUL, DARICK!!!!!!

Nightcrawler#3 preview!!! http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3657

I lurves it already!!!!! WOOT!!!!
*mentally bear hugs Darick, the inker, the colorist, Roberto, and everybody else*

I lurves you all!!:love:kiss
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

ooooooooooooh! Very very nice, Darick! I take it the other one is Kitty?

Quick question: That woman...is that Emma? What exactly is her power again? I'm not that familiar with the X-men who weren't on the tv shows.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Kick a@@ DARICK!!! Wanna see more....:eek
Originally posted by Bitsy
Quick question: That woman...is that Emma? What exactly is her power again?
Hiya BITSY! The WHITE QUEEN is a pretty formidable telepath. Her 'secondary mutation' allows her to transform her body into a form of organic diamond, although when she's in her diamond form she's unable to use her telepathy.

:)

B A M F !
-_-_Nightcrawler_-_-
Lubber
Lubber

Post by -_-_Nightcrawler_-_- »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
He has BOOBIES! Seriously, what? I liked the pic and then I looks a little closer... he's got a nice slim waist too. ;)

Other pics look great without any oddness though.
HAHAHA!! your right, he does...but to get to the point, yea, its cool that there's gonna be a comic done about Nighty...:love:love:love
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

There already is.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

... :shame

:: fidgets in the awkward silence emanating from the computer monitor ::

So ... ah ... *ahem* ... :idea

QUESTIONS I'M SURE EVERYONE WANTS TO ASK!!

- How much money do you think is worth taking a four minute potty break?? How much would YOU offer??

- Is "Seth's Aunt" really a Demon?? Or is Nighty just inhaling too much of his own teleport fumes??

- Is Christine a Succubus, a Golem, or just a reeeeaaally busty nurse?? Or (*GASP!*) is she really Amanda in disguise?!

- Who else does Amanda spy on via crystal ball??

- Did Dr. Childs use magic to light Barney on fire, or was it just a freaky coincidence?? :: Okay, you guys can flame me for this one ... stoopid question ... :p ::

Don't hurt me for this! ... Oh, heck, beat me to a bloody pulp over these questions if you like, as long as it gets the conversation ball rolling again.-

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*glares for a moment* Jusy kidding, poppet!

I still think it was DoodleBob that came throught the TV, and Dr. Childs is just covering up for him:toothy:crazed

I think Kurt has gotten over his own fumes by now.

As for Christine being Amanda, if that were to be, wouldn't that screw up Kurt and Amanda's friendly relationship, leading him to distrust her in trusting him to go on with his own life??? I trust you understand?

:shifty psstt! *low whisper* Bet she uses her crystal ball to spy on Hugh Jackman...WELL WHO WOULDN'T!!!
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

YAY!! Sarcasm wins out in the end!!
Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
I still think it was DoodleBob that came throught the TV, and Dr. Childs is just covering up for him:toothy:crazed

I think Kurt has gotten over his own fumes by now.

As for Christine being Amanda, if that were to be, wouldn't that screw up Kurt and Amanda's friendly relationship, leading him to distrust her in trusting him to go on with his own life??? I trust you understand?

:shifty psstt! *low whisper* Bet she uses her crystal ball to spy on Hugh Jackman...WELL WHO WOULDN'T!!!

I bow before your superior intuition.

But hmm ... if your ex-boyfriend/foster brother began messing with magicky-people-stuff beyond his control and you just happen to know about it from "casual crystal-ball observation" ... wouldn't you want to make sure nothing goes wrong?

Nah, I don't really think it's her either. But then, has anything been what it seemed so far in this series??

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

YAY!! Sarcasm wins out in the end!!
Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl

But hmm ... if your ex-boyfriend/foster brother began messing with magicky-people-stuff beyond his control and you just happen to know about it from "casual crystal-ball observation" ... wouldn't you want to make sure nothing goes wrong?
I'd be massively pissed off if an ex was watching me in his/her crystal ball. Google is one thing. Everyone Googles. But a crystal ball?? His nonchalant reaction to that gave me the creeps. Have I mentioned that yet? The creeps.

Screw up their "friendly relationship"? She's spying on him! For god's sake! How's supposed to have sexual tension with the hot male villain who is sure to show up eventually if he's wondering if she's watching him?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

His nonchalant reaction to that gave me the creeps. Have I mentioned that yet? The creeps.

Ditto! My first gut-reaction was "She's been keeping an eye on him?...ugh!" They are extremely close though and Nightie is the consumate gentleman, so maybe he was just being overly polite. But then again on second thought the fact that they are so close should mean that Kurt wouldnt hesitate to speak his mind if something bothered him.
It's a good bet that this is going to come up again later on in the story....

B A M F !
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Hey, this is actually something I forgot about until now, but ... Amanda's done this kind of thing before. Posed as someone else to spy on Kurt behind his back, I mean.

Back when Kurt first joined the X-Men, he was dating "Amanda Sefton" for months without realizing she was actually his foster sister Jimaine. She was keeping an eye on him because her mother Margali was on the warpath about Stephan's death.

This sitch isn't so different. If she knows he's in danger, why would she balk at pulling the same trick?

HOWEVER ...

I wasn't entirely serious about that question. I was just expressing something Bluefooted suggested in another thread.

Despite the fact that Christine seems to show up at convenient times to tell/show Kurt something he needs to know, her being Amanda in disguise just doesn't click with me for some reason.

But Amanda spying on him by Google and Crystal ball ... that doesn't surprise me at all. That's just Amanda being Amanda.

And for some reason, I don't think she's too worried about what her sweet ex-boyfriend will think of her poking her nose into his life.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

And for some reason, I don't think she's too worried about what her sweet ex-boyfriend will think of her poking her nose into his life.
She bloody well should be!
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Originially posted by The Drastic Spastic
Why? She's an uber-powerful sorceress, and he's the ultimate forgiving sweetie. He might get made at her, but he won't hold it against her. Besides, it's not like they're going to get back together anyway; there's just way too much crap on both ends for those two.

Azur
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Azur »

Darick, i think i'm in love with you :D
[spoiler] well, maybe except when there is too much steam in the shower scene you draw [/spoiler]
... only joking
seriously, [spoiler] if the fourteen demons were Satan's lieutenants, does it mean there are connected to Azazel ? the guy said he was Satan, after all... [/spoiler] :idea
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originially posted by The Drastic Spastic
Why? She's an uber-powerful sorceress, and he's the ultimate forgiving sweetie. He might get made at her, but he won't hold it against her. Besides, it's not like they're going to get back together anyway; there's just way too much crap on both ends for those two.
Why? A little thing called respect. He wouldn't hold it against her, but he should. I guess they didn't have boundaries in the circus.

In the end though, this creepy ex thing is the best way to keep him single. Like he should be. So oh well.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

It could also be that Amanda is just screwing with Kurt's mind. After all, for someone who's supposed to be "magically stalking" her ex, she's asking a lot of questions that should know the answers to. Does she know, and is just testing Kurt's honesty? Does she not know, and is just trying to make Kurt think she does? Lots of mental games going on in here, and not just from the bad guy.... :smirk
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Originally posted by Azur
Darick, i think i'm in love with you :D
Aw, thank Roberto. ;)

Of course, I love the love.
[spoiler] "well, maybe except when there is too much steam in the shower scene you draw
... only joking"[/spoiler]
Well, it is Marvel after all...
seriously, [spoiler] if the fourteen demons were Satan's lieutenants, does it mean there are connected to Azazel ? the guy said he was Satan, after all... [/spoiler] :idea
Well, [spoiler]demons aren't known for telling the truth