NightCrawler VS ...

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ackety-Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

NightCrawler VS ...

Post by Ackety-Bamf »

I read a post elsewhere (Uncanny.X-men.net) a while ago where someone said what if the X-men fought the crew of the Enterprise-Next Generation (Star Trek) without using their powers. That brought up the idea to me of what if Nightcrawler with his powers were to go against the crew of the enterprise? I think he could take them out (remember the White House scene?). What do you think? And what other crossover combats or groups could we pit Nightcrawler against? How about Jedi from Star Wars? Sorry, but I think he'd loose as the force would tell them where he was porting to. How about the Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings)? How about Aliens (from the movie Aliens) or the Preditor? It seems like something we could have fun with...
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

NightCrawler VS ...

Post by Northstars Love »

In fact there are two comics done in the 90's that have the Original Star Trek cast and some of the X-Men on the Old Enterprise and the other has the Next Generation cast with a group of the X-Men on the Enterprise-D . Nightcrawler is in that one.

A novel came out later that continued the Next Generation cast story called Planet X. The story delt with the X-Men returning to the ST universe to help the Next Generation cast tackle a group of people from a planet that suddenly developed mutant powers . Good story btw.

So you thoughts are not to far off. They didn't fight each other but helped each other out.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

NightCrawler VS ...

Post by Tracker »

Planet X was a hoot to read. I wish that there had been more cross-over novels.

As for another group..hmm.

I'd like to see Nightcrawler in a swordfight against Jack Sparrow. That'd be fun to watch ;pant
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

NightCrawler VS ...

Post by Lauren »

I think Kurt vs. the jedi would be cool. A lightsaber is just a sword that's much lighter than usual! and he wouldn't need to use his teleportation to take 'em down! *heeya!*

or maybe he could take on the cast of the Matrix!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Ackety-Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Vs

Post by Ackety-Bamf »

Yeah, Kurt vs Matrix fighters would be cool-he's got one trick none of them have!
Ackety-Bamf
Lubber
Lubber

NightCrawler VS ...

Post by Ackety-Bamf »

I've got to find those comics (though they must be pretty expensive by now) or that book! I did find some interesting things about those comics:

1st comic: ST:original cast and X-Men: Cyclops, Phoenix, The Beast,
Wolverine, Storm, Gambit, and Bishop.

2nd comic: TNG crew (including Worf) and X-Men (circa Uncanny
X-Men #140) Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat,
Archangel, and Banshee. Villains are the Borg, along with Kang (the
despot of time, not the Klingon commander) and Sentinels.

I also found some information and that book from reviews on Amazon.com:

What a great book, dovetailing well with the comic book that started this inter-company crossover. Mike Friedman knows his stuff, both sets of characters act like they should, and the interactions between them are a treat, especially Worf & Wolverine, Nightcrawler & La Forge and especially Picard & Storm. The plot is a little off-putting at first but when the action kicks into high gear, the book showcases each characters strengths and / or their mutant powers and quite well at that. The various team-ups mix up the group dynamics often to keep it very interesting and there are lots of nice continuity touches for both fans of the X-Men comic book and the Star Trek: Next Generation TV series and films, like the surprise twist ending or Wolverines rendition of Worf's holodeck program. My only complaint is that the enemy in this book is a little too one-dimensional and their motivations and society are not fleshed out that well. But don't read this book for the bad guy, they are a necessary plot device to get the two teams to interact in fun ways, which is what the book does in spades. It also assures us that there will be lasting effects on the characters, not just a "lets team-up for the hell of it" attitude, but true character exploration and interaction. Each character is necessary, not ancillary, to the plot, and its unpredictability of who will team up with who kept me delighted throughout the book. If you are not a fan, this book is still quite accessable to those with limited knowledge of the X-Men comic book, like myself. I thought it was fun to see the two teams interact and expand the characters in ways never seen before, ..., how Nightcrawler's powers are compared with 24th century transporter technology and the Xavier / Dr. Crusher team-up, brief as it was, was just too funny. A fun book all around for both X-Men and Star Trek fans.
Nighton
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

NightCrawler VS ...

Post by Nighton »

Vad sägs om det här: (What about this)

Kurt meets the invisibles, and helps them in their struggle for freedom. At one point he sees King Mob entering a house twise, and gets suspicious. It turns out that there is an imposter among the invisibles: Mystique! (Dont know how it would end, though.)
The greatest X-team possible:
:) :wolvie :emma :gambit and :icey

Just so you know, some words in my posts are in Swedish.

"Yes." -Einstein, Aristoletes, Alan Cumming, David Prowse, Bruce Springsteen, Tori Amos and many more

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE! PUT ME IN YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!