how long do you think the tail should be?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Total votes: 0

Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Holy crap I am so jealous. Where was this? How did you get to do that? It looks so heavy. I'm surprised that the harness-type thing was able to fit your hips. Congrats! That is so amazingly cool. It looks awesome on you :D God I'm so jealous.....
I've sat in the captain's chair on star trek and on a stool from the set of Cheers, but nothing nowhere as cool as wearing that freakin' tail.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

That has to be the coolest thing ever! Zam how was the harness built? Is it like the one you built or is it completely different? My dream is to have a tail so if I can’t grow one I am going to make one gosh darn it! :evil
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

That picture was taken in the storage vault at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry. They curated a movie production exhibit that will be there until Jan 9th. After that it will tour though I don't know where.

The armature of that particular tail is made of spring steel. It is very heavy and super "whippy" - even the slightest weight shift made it move all over the place. In that confined space I was afraid I was going to take out all sorts of priceless artifacts; it was a little hard to control. Everyone who has made jokes about my tail whacking them in the face should be thankful they didn't have to deal with that thing. :)

That harness is very similar to mine except that mine has much more support and is way more comfortable because it spreads the weight out better. And yeah - the spade was super pointy but because of the silicon it was also very floppy. And there aren't any "rings" circling the tail at any point - just a sort of "flange" about a foot from the beginning of the spade.

-e
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by Crawler
And the spade seems to be a lot pointer than I'd expected.
that thing looks like a freaking weapon! I've seen knives less sharp.... *hides*
Call me King!
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Yeah, that tail totally looks like you could kill a good sized community by swinging it around real fast. Or at least break a good amount of blood vessels. A bruise from that tail would not be fun. That's why I think 6 feet is two long. It's too whippy, too much work, and think about how much blood it would take to circulate through five feet of tail. He would pass out from blood loss...
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.