What is your favorite Nightcrawler issue?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by little Blue Lucy
My doggy has a beard too. We call her the bearded lady!:D:laugh: and um yeah a well rounded (or whatever lol) Nighty is good!;)
:laugh:
my aunt always see my dog and says: How can a lady doggy has beard? beard is for guys :P

My fave number for the classic miniseries is the #4 because i loved the bamf girls :D
jozzig
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by jozzig »

Originally posted by KF
"Demon Went To Church", but I honestly don't remember the issue... O.o

-KF
Dah, I love that one, too. Especially the look on his face when he's trying to save the little girl. Little demon puppy-eyes.
" I don't usually do requests, unless asked to " ~ Victor Borge
jozzig
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by jozzig »

Speaking of favorite issues, anyone know how easy/hard it is to get Excalibur comics? Are there any graphic novels out there? I haven't been to the comic store in a long time ( too far away ) and I haven't had a good look around.
" I don't usually do requests, unless asked to " ~ Victor Borge
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

my comic store is pretty big, but generally it's not too ard to find Excalibur back issues. there are no trades of Excalibur, unfortunatley. i hear the wonderul issue #16 was put in the Chris Claremont Maeterworks TPB tho if you are a Claremont fan. the only graphic novels or oversized issues of Excalibur are The Sword is Drawn bookshelf edition which started it, Mojo Mayhem, and Air Apparent, and the X-Caliber issues were collected like the rest of AoA.

oh yeah and the Excalibur Sword of Power miniseries that was out a little while ago is in TPB format, but Nighty is not in it.
Nemesis
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nemesis »

My favorite Nightcrawler issues would have to be X-Calibre #1-4 (luvs the AoA). :D
Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Angel of the Night
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Angel of the Night »

oh i got the book that has all 4 issues in it (with the gold cover) not too long ago. loved it!
can anyone tell me what issue and in what series i can find the ending?
ive looked high and low but i just cant find it!
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by NightFlight »

I like Dave Cockrum's original 4 part series, and I like the Excalibur series a great deal, I think issue #3 it was where Kurt and Meggan had a very touching scene. I like issue #31 a lot - Kurt spends most of that issue running around wearing nothing but a loincloth :naughty
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

i've seen a few where he doesnt have a shirt on.... rockstar like!!!
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

I'd have to say my favorite Nighty issues are Uncanny X-Men 139 and 140. Kurt was soooo cute when he was frightened by Snowbird, climbing all over Logan because he was scared. I remember when those issues came out.....eh...dating myself again.:(
RobDBlackwolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by RobDBlackwolf »

My favourite issue would be
The Uncanny X-MEN # 153 (Jan '81) (reprinted in The Uncanny X-Men Essentials Number 3).
Where Kitty tells a weird good night story and Nightcrawler becomes a "Bamf".

Especially the scene where the group lands on the isle, one sees a butterfly-thing saying "Bigthings" with a hidden Bamf responding "Hush Pini, They'll hear you!"
To really appreciate one should know that Pini is the name of the author/creators of ElfQuest, a comic series about, well, elfs, (the non blue-fuzzy kind) and they have such butterfly creatures called Preservers (and their term for humans is, ye guess it: "Bigthings"). And I happen to be a fan of ElfQuest ever since I first read it in 86.
Bamf_A_Licious_Baby
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamf_A_Licious_Baby »

"A Demon Went to Church." I loved when the priests says "We all have our crosses to bear" and Kurt looks down at his scarf with the X insignia on it. I thought that was heart wrenching. Kurt was in so much turmoil and he was so realistic..I thought that it was very true to life.It gave me even MORE reason to love Kurt Wagner.
The High Exalted Dark Priestess of the Bamf!:bamf:

"Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes, I've got to say war."-Bob Marley

Charter member of the We Like To Edit Club.
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #25
NSNS Member #3

:love: He is just TOO sexy for words!:love:
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

I don't have much experience with the comics, but I loved the recent Unlimited with Nighty in it. Hilarious, and his personality was spot-on. And, dude, I loved the art. :)
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
Dracadancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Dracadancer »

Call me a non-conformist but I was actually rather fond of the Nightcrawler movie prequel. I thought it was a perfect mix of Kurt’s character, religious yet still the witty fun loving fuzzy elf we all love, and the story was just heart wrenching. Art in it was stellar too.

Dave’s 85 mini series issue #1 and EVO comic #4 are a couple of my other favorites.
###Dracadancer's Lair### ---> Your all purpose website

Random Quote of the Week: "Reports that say that something hasn’t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns, there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don’t know we don’t know."
This year’s winner of the Foot in the Mouth award Donald Rumsfeld
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Mine will always be Excalibur issues.
Alan Davis' sexy Kurt was my favorite
(No offense Dave)

I have three I will never forget
I do wish I could remember the issue numbers.

I loved the time Bryan was mean to Meggan and she started to turn ugly.
Kurt comforts her. *sigh*

http://kuraido.tripod.com/Loves/meggan.html

The second is the infamous lip massage. Isn't Kurt a hottie in a tux. Ever notice the clock behind them?

http://respect-the-elf.freeservers.com/ ... urance.GIF

Lastly, Eat your heart out Capn' Sparrow :sparrow
I love Kymrie and the pirates.

http://respect-the-elf.freeservers.com/ ... 16ship.GIF
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Bamf_A_Licious_Baby
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamf_A_Licious_Baby »

Originally posted by Dracadancer
Call me a non-conformist but I was actually rather fond of the Nightcrawler movie prequel.
You are soooo right!!! I loved the prequel immensely. I thought that the artist caught the passion and misery of Kurt's plight so well. That in itself is one of the best renditions of Nightcrawler that I have seen in a while.
The High Exalted Dark Priestess of the Bamf!:bamf:

"Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes, I've got to say war."-Bob Marley

Charter member of the We Like To Edit Club.
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #25
NSNS Member #3

:love: He is just TOO sexy for words!:love:
Nightie77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nightie77 »

hmm
i have only read one comic with NC in it
so
id have to say that one
lol
its uh.... hmmm
i forgot the number
but
it was the first one of the draco thing
"To be amongst man is a great task in its self.So confidence is how i survive in this God forsaken world."
-Sephiroth

"As I stab someone I look into their eyes and smile with pleasure."-Sephiroth
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What If...? issue 98. It 'stars' Rogue, and 'features' Nightcrawler.
Poor Michael Darkholme.

-idsunki, off to drown his misery in Clu Clu Land.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Premeditated Chaos
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Premeditated Chaos »

I liked the Nightcrawler's Inferno one. Um...X-Men Annual #4 I think. It was such a cool issue and the way the whole thing ended up was cool, with Kurt pleading that no one should battle on his account. That was awesome. And I liked Uncanny #139 and 140 for the same reasons as bamf!nightcrawler. He looked so funny, jumping on Wolvie like that. The one with the Bamfs...#153 as RobDBlackwolf mentioned already, that's a good one too.
:dazzler: Chuckles, I had one dy-no-mite debut goin' till you jokers crashed the gate. Now it's ruined.
:sentinal: ...Huh?
:dazzler: And for that, suckah, you gonna PAY! *dazzle dazzle*
~Dazzler - Uncanny #130
CuteLittleBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CuteLittleBamf »

:readI loved Inferno too! Great idea! Tat issue was back in the day man it was cool. my fav:thumbup
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

Right now I think that the Draco Arc is probably my favorite at the moment. Probably because it helps to clear up a whole lot of things about Nightcrawlers past and his father. But now it raises a lot more questions which are left unanswered. I think I like the mystery of the Draco Arc comics because I have to wait an entire week to see what happens next, helps build up the suspense.