Are Nightcrawler and the X-Men too whiny?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Total votes: 0

Captain Bamfsalot
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Captain Bamfsalot »

As and avid X-Men reader, I can't help but notice the amount of whining that goes on about their mutant genetics. I mean, I love X-Men...TONS...but one must admit that for being proud of their genetics they sure do complain a lot. So what choo guys tink? Too much complaining? Too little?:bamf
What REALLY happened after Riku slammed the door:
Take care of her! ~slam~ Suckers...Hey Mick, they fell for it!

What is going to happen at the end of InuYasha:
Kagome: InuYasha, I love you!
InuYasha: ~snicker~ Yeah...whatever...can I see the Shikon no Tama...just want to polish it...
Kagome: Why not! ~give~
InuYasha: WHEEEE! I'M A SEXY DEMON AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!

Why I love Nightcrawler: ~shows various sexy pictures of Nightie~ 'Nuf Said.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

I think they should sing songs about how wonderful it is to be hated and feared by the populous in general.

I mean, I know if people regularly built giant robots to hunt down and kill me, I'd feel honored! ;)

Seriously though, I know the angst can get a little overboard, but I think most of the "whining" is exposition explaining the situation of mutants to new readers.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

They do tend to whine, but I think that Garble has a point, although their 'whining' has been going on for such a long time that it does get a little annoying at times, but I do think it helps (like G said) new readers to better understand that Mutant have it pretty hard, and they sort of do have the right to whine.

that's my piece of pie

~EMO~
one name: Bruce Campbell
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

Oh yeah, they whine... But sometimes it's warranted. Hell, if I were in that position I'd be whining like whoa.
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Sorte Springer »

I think whining is sort of a trademark of the X-men, like Spiderman is always afraid to break Aunt Mays heart, and Batman is always depressed about the death of his parents, the X-men always whine about how much society hates them.
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

PLEASE WATCH WHAT YOU SAY, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

While some of the writers may make it seem like their whiny, and some of the x-men are, for the most part i think it's merely a technique to remind or introduce readers to the hatred/persecution that they have to endure.

Kurt isn't whiny, he is merely forced to remind people who get moody, that while they have it bad, they could have it worse. He's their friend and doesn't complain so they forget, he just sometimes has to remind them ("hey, i have it bad, but do i let it get me down? 'ell no!")
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
buri103
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by buri103 »

Well, I think basically everyone whines at one point or another about thier lot in life, and their mutations just happen to be what the X-men whine about, seeing as how that's the only reason they seem to be hated by the world...so as Singe said, I'd whine too.

:)
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?

26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget my own head next.

27 And the Lord did not ask him again.
~Good Omens

http://www.nataliedee.com/ and http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
Captain Bamfsalot
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Captain Bamfsalot »

Yay! You people make me happy. ^^ I posted this because my sister makes fun of me for reading X-Men and ESPECIALLY makes fun of all the whining. I need support for my cause ad I completely agree. THEY HAVE A REASON TO COMPLAIN!
What REALLY happened after Riku slammed the door:
Take care of her! ~slam~ Suckers...Hey Mick, they fell for it!

What is going to happen at the end of InuYasha:
Kagome: InuYasha, I love you!
InuYasha: ~snicker~ Yeah...whatever...can I see the Shikon no Tama...just want to polish it...
Kagome: Why not! ~give~
InuYasha: WHEEEE! I'M A SEXY DEMON AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!

Why I love Nightcrawler: ~shows various sexy pictures of Nightie~ 'Nuf Said.