Are Kurt and Storm a COUPLE?!?!?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Hey all. Long time, no see, I know. I was at Borders the other day and I came across an issue of X-Men where it has Sage (I guess) standing around the X-Men and they're all dead/unconscious. Well, I saw Nighty on the cover and I just HAD to have a peek. So, anyway, I flip through and I find Kurt and Storm dancing in the sky, and Kurt says "See, Ororo? You can waltz." They're all dressed up and formal-looking and....they looked pretty cozy. I know this has been a common topic on the forum since the release of X2, but do you think they based Halle and Alan's acting on actual "Kuroro" events? I really hope so because they look SO cute together!
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

Originally posted by Bitsy
but do you think they based Halle and Alan's acting on actual "Kuroro" events? I really hope so because they look SO cute together!
I dunno...Kurt and Storm just feels...wrong to me somehow. Now, Kurt and Meggan worked for me...Eh, maybe for me to buy into a relationship of his, there has to be an element of Kurt being protective...that chivalrous thing, ya know?
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

I sure hope not, that would not make me happy. I would prefer it if they just stayed friends.

By the way, on the Kurt/Meggan thing; I was a little dissapointed that in this month's Wizard there was no mention of the Kurt/Meggan/Brian love triangle, in the Love Triangle article, not even an honorable mention in the sidebar.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Well...if you look at some of the older issues (100-103?) of Uncanny X-Men, you will see Storm in that same dress. I believe (among others) that it is just a call back to the earlier issues for the older fans, also showing Kurt and Ororo's long time friendship. I don't think they are a couple though.

It is talked about a bit in here:
http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/viewthr ... 068&page=4
Though you might have to scroll down a bit to find it.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

Yeah, I don't think the couple thing will come to pass, either. They seem like bosom buddies, but I never noticed any kind of a spark.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
Well...if you look at some of the older issues (100-103?) of Uncanny X-Men, you will see Storm in that same dress. I believe (among others) that it is just a call back to the earlier issues for the older fans, also showing Kurt and Ororo's long time friendship. I don't think they are a couple though.
There may be more than meets the eye this time around, and I'm not just saying this because I personally like the Kurt/Ororo thing. In the earlier issues, the flirting went nowhere. But Kurt had Amanda then, he is currently unattached. You should read the X2 novelization, which btw, was also written by Claremont. There was quite a bit more flirting going on in that than in the movie.

But here is the kicker, an answer to someone's letter about the same subject in the back of Uncanny #447 and I quote "As for Nightcrawler and Storm...well, we have to be coy for now, but let's just say Nightcrawler's love life is about to get very complicated." Take that as you will, your guess is as good as mine
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
But here is the kicker, an answer to someone's letter about the same subject in the back of Uncanny #447 and I quote "As for Nightcrawler and Storm...well, we have to be coy for now, but let's just say Nightcrawler's love life is about to get very complicated." Take that as you will, your guess is as good as mine
Yay for complicated!! Or... oh, no. Wait. *lowers expectations dramatically - going from "Sex and the City" to "Claremont's X-Men"* Okay, well at least they aren't going to hook up immediately and be all oozy and boring right away. Probably.

I do at least hope that it won't be a Kurt pining after Storm thing. At the very least it should be the other way around.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

*insert subreference to the "farting fresh pine" thread here....*
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

MMMMM. I wonder how that will turn out.

Hey! I like that thread Meal!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Did someone say.... Meal? :lick
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Yes Jess!

Mealstorm, the evil clone of Maelstrom, will bring forth the freedom fries of destruction!
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Did hear the word Meal? :shifty Where's the Beef! :D

I think it's more of a strong friendly relationship than an actual male/female relationship. I don't think they are a couple. People tend to get close especially after a long standing friendly relationship together. Both Kurt and Storm are just reminiscing past events they shared together.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
Did hear the word Meal? :shifty Where's the Beef! :D

I think it's more of a strong friendly relationship than an actual male/female relationship. I don't think they are a couple. People tend to get close especially after a long standing friendly relationship together. Both Kurt and Storm are just reminiscing past events they shared together.
I second that!!!

Damn my stupid fingers, typed the e before the a. Mael.
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Singe »

Hey, as long as Amanda's not involved and it isn't heypremelodramaticsoapopera I'll be right as rain.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Singe
Hey, as long as Amanda's not involved and it isn't heypremelodramaticsoapopera I'll be right as rain.
Heh, the feeling is mutual. Although, if it's supposed to be complicated, it makes me wonder if he's going to start a romance with Storm and then have one of his past girlfriends reappear, like Cerise for instance.

Now that would be interesting. :smirk
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

The return of cerise would be interesting. I'd like to know what has happened to her, but i'd really not like her to try and date Kurt again.

I would really not want to see Amanda show up. i think it's much better if she is just a friend and sits in Limbo (pun intended).
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Well...if Nocturne's gonna be hangin' 'round the mansion as recent solicits and her final issue of Exiles indicate, she may not be too happy with dear old dad hookin' up with anyone but mommy dearest...she just might throw a spanner in any of Kurt's romantic works...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Nandireya
Well...if Nocturne's gonna be hangin' 'round the mansion as recent solicits and her final issue of Exiles indicate, she may not be too happy with dear old dad hookin' up with anyone but mommy dearest...she just might throw a spanner in any of Kurt's romantic works...
No! :(

Second thought, I don't care. As long as she doesn't show up in the ongoing... I DON'T CARE. She better not show up in the ongoing!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
No! :(

Second thought, I don't care. As long as she doesn't show up in the ongoing... I DON'T CARE. She better not show up in the ongoing!
Don't sweat it...Darick has pretty much said she won't...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Jenni
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jenni »

I agree. I think Kurt should b in a new relationship (That will last) though. He doesn't seem to have much luck does he?:shame
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

what about Amanda Sefton? Incest is always a good indication of love.:D
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

According to the Nightcrawler series previews, it looks like Amanda will be showing up. Drat. In the fanmail section of Uncanny, it said that Nightcrawler's love life was about to get complicated...so, my guess would be Storm and Amanda. I don't really like either, as a partner for our favorite blue elf, anyway. I'd rather see someone new altogether. Just because people went "aww, isn't that sweet" when they saw Nightcrawler and Storm together/flirting in X2 doesn't mean that the comic versions do well together.
If he MUST be with a teammate, why not Kitty? She's of age now....she is at least old enough to be a school instructor. Although, come to think of it, he's always had that big brother thing going with her. Not quite as incestuous as Amanda, but still not quite there. And I've heard the argument that Amanda is not his REAL sister, but I have a step-brother, and the thought of being romantically associated with him is just...yuck. Not to mention Azazel's little comment about Margali in the Draco arc.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Kitty wouldn't go with Kurt, although she liked Colossus (R.I.P.) so maybe the accent's a turn on for her. I think he should be with Scarlet Witch :wan-kurt Nice looking child
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Yay for complicated!! Or... oh, no. Wait. *lowers expectations dramatically - going from "Sex and the City" to "Claremont's X-Men"* Okay, well at least they aren't going to hook up immediately and be all oozy and boring right away. Probably.

I do at least hope that it won't be a Kurt pining after Storm thing. At the very least it should be the other way around.
I seriously think I could die happy if Sex and the City and Xmen found some type of happy medium....

*almost posts the "up the butt" scene featuring X-girls...but thinks better due to virgin eyes and ears..*

*cries for nocturne*
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Sundown
And I've heard the argument that Amanda is not his REAL sister, but I have a step-brother, and the thought of being romantically associated with him is just...yuck. Not to mention Azazel's little comment about Margali in the Draco arc.
I'm pretty sure Azazel is NOT Amanda's biological father...surely she'd have gotten some form of mutation from him. Besides, Margali would have nipped any romantic leanings between the pair well and truly in the bud if they were really siblings...she's not that twisted.