Kurt's uniform

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's uniform

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

So what is your fav? I actually liked the black leather (sans priest collar), depending on who drew it. In my mind it made the x-men look like more of a cohesive unit and it also had a functional look about it, like it could absorb a blow and coushin impacts. Also it was more stealthy looking. Some red trim aside, I could understand how Kurt could slink through the shadows undetected. He may be able to blend with shadows due to his fur or the dimension he teleports through or whatever the current explanation is, but bright red and white always seemed like it would give away his position.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's uniform

Post by Northstars Love »

I like his old costume. His original one. I didn't like the priest look. No Priest Nighty. :X

Of course I like all the old uniforms. I'm sure you've noticed the new Reload costumes are similar to the older ones? Ya, brings this 'ol boy back to the old days of the X-men wayyyyy back in the 70's. Ok, so I'm nostolgic. :)

Although Hank's costume needs to be redone. :ick
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's uniform

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

Yeah, that weird cut of an X on his chest has to go. But then I was never a fan of his newer cat-like apperance to start with, either.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's uniform

Post by DeeJay »

I personally hate it when they draw Nightcrawler really skinny. Makes him look pathetic.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Kurt's uniform

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Image this is my favorite costume, can't beat the originals
Clarisa_heart
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's uniform

Post by Clarisa_heart »

I like the black leather, the old one looks wierd with those red sholderpad things. Plus, It looks way too tihjt on his package! Didn't these guys know that men are suppose to let thier ball dangle or else thier body heat kills thier sperm? Wow I pay way to much attention in health class! Besides who wouldn't look sexy in tight black leather!:smirk
Respect my authorita, cuz I'm Clarisa, BITCH!
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's uniform

Post by john117 »

i love the black lether:love and age of apocalips :aoa

[Edited on 1/24/200606 by john117]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's uniform

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I liked the white towel he wore in that one issue of Excalibur.
Originally posted by Clarisa_heart
I like the black leather, the old one looks wierd with those red sholderpad things. Plus, It looks way too tihjt on his package! Didn't these guys know that men are suppose to let thier ball dangle or else thier body heat kills thier sperm? Wow I pay way to much attention in health class! Besides who wouldn't look sexy in tight black leather!:smirk
lmao

[Edited on 24-1-2006 by The Drastic Spastic]
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Kurt's uniform

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by john117
ORIGINAL Age of Apocalypse…basic black with the accents of red body armour…definitely :lick …didn’t care for the new at all…

I love his original costume…it’s a classic…plus he’s one of the few super-heroes who didn’t wear his undies on the outside…there’s not too many that can make that claim ;)
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's uniform

Post by DeeJay »

Although he had a kind of thong thing going on.
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's uniform

Post by john117 »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Originally posted by john117
ORIGINAL Age of Apocalypse…basic black with the accents of red body armour…definitely :lick …didn’t care for the new at all…

I love his original costume…it’s a classic…plus he’s one of the few super-heroes who didn’t wear his undies on the outside…there’s not too many that can make that claim ;)

i ment the origional one
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's uniform

Post by chicory »

The original one is classic, but I don't think it's my favorite :

Funny how attached to it Nightcrawler was, he kept it for the longest time.

I liked the leather ones (like they said in the movie, the bright spandex can sometimes look just a little silly...) and the leather made them look more like a cohesive team.

I'm going to vote for the newest one - the one Alan Davis drew him in on one of the Uncanny covers. It kind of looks like the original one, but more streamlined.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's uniform

Post by DeeJay »

I haven't seen him wearing that one exactly. He wears one that is similar but with no collar.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's uniform

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by chicory
I'm going to vote for the newest one - the one Alan Davis drew him in on one of the Uncanny covers. It kind of looks like the original one, but more streamlined.
That's a great link! Missing some stuff, but still great.

I have a deep attachment to the original one. Specifically, that particular graphic in the above link. I obsessed over that picture and the accompanying bio for years wanting to know more about the character.

#3. What the hell were they thinking? And not just on the whole effed up toga pirate thing. Look at his legs. Whoever drew this needs to stop going to early Image books for his anatomy.

I have no opinion on #4. It's okay. Dramatic improvement on the legs, although they're still a bit insane.

And then there's #5. I think I hate that one purely because it's from a time when the books really really sucked. I can't even remember what was happening at that point, I just look at the picture and get a feeling of profound suckage. Bad vibes.

#6. The whole graphic is so bizarre I can't tell if I like the uniform.

#2 and #7 are my favourites. I think this just means I like Alan Davis.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir