Nightcrawler: The Devil Inside TPB already on schedule

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

Marvel announced their TPB plans for early 2005, and Nightcrawler is scheduled for April.

APRIL 2005

NIGHTCRAWLER: THE DEVIL INSIDE TPB
ISBN: 0-7851-1428-9
$14.99
144 Pages Trade Paperback Color
Collects: Nightcrawler 1-6

The complete press release can be found here:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread. ... adid=20896

While I'm glad there will be a TPB for better sales in Borders, Barnes & nobles, etc., I'm kinda worried that it's announced before issue #2 even hits, and before the last two issues in the book are even ordered. More and more people are waiting for the trade on series now, and it could cause numbers to drop on the series.

I would recommend still buying the single issues from your local retailer, but I know I'll pick up the TPB as well.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Like I'm gonna be able to wait until a TPB is out.... :rolleyes

One good thing: it means Marvel has a lot of faith in this series' popularity, and that they *know* it's going to be running the prerequisite number of issues.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I won't wait for the trade -I really couldn't !! ... But man, I'll order it right now !! :)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Swiss_bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Swiss_bamf »

Thats really good News for me,because I'm only buying TPB and no Single Issues.That means I have too wait longer, but hey here is the best place too be spoild :D
It comes out in April than,so I will hold it in my Hands early May than.Hell still a long time too wait :(
Thank goodness Nightcrawler is in Uncanny too,so I can get my doze there
:LOL
I'm out :bamf
Fav Comics: All with an X on it.
Fav Characters: Nightcrawler,Colossus,Kitty Pryde
Fav Quote: Nocturne: Dad!!!
Nightcrawler: Vas?Verdammter Mist,I know I
schould have been more care
full.
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

Actually, take faith. We're going to issue 12 for sure, and moreover, a trade is a sign that Marvel believes in the book.

It's really common for trades to come out that fast now, Wolverine trades followed my arcs as fast as they finished. They certainly didn't cancel that title. Also, a TPB allows folks to jump into the series that may not have been following it. Many folks these days wait and see how a series is going to be over time before they'll start picking it up.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Excellent news! I think it's obvious now that Marvel has noticed Nightcrawler's fanbase. Even if they haven't, their best artists have and have chosen to grace us Nightscrawlers with their presence (bow) and ask us for feedback.

Long live the series.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Well, I'm buying two issues every month, but I'll definitely buy the trade as well. Between my 10 year old and I we're wearing out the singles any way. She's at least as big a junky as I am and is nagging that we haven't had a chance to get to the shop to collect issue 3 yet. The pain! But I've just been too busy for the one hour round trip with three kids. So glad the trade will be out soon. I do like reading them all collected that way and tend to buy the trades of any arc or set of arcs that I've really enjoyed. Probably means I'll be buying all the NC trades as well as the singles.:)
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

How cool that you AND your kids are reading comics!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Swiss_bamf wrote :
Thank goodness Nightcrawler is in Uncanny too,so I can get my doze there
I'm very often frustrated by Nightcrawler's role in Uncanny.
I'm only happy when he's the star of the issue.
Something that REALLY seldom happens !! :(

Darick wrote :
How cool that you AND your kids are reading comics.
Yours don't, Darick ?? They're too young, perhap's...
I don't have kids but I can imagine the joy to share your passion with them. I share it with my girlfriend. Before I met her, I barely spoke about comics with anyone.
And she's a big Nightcrawler and Wolverine fan, too. :)
We'll read the TPB together ! :)
www.atlantys.biz

Swiss_bamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Swiss_bamf »

In my opinion his role on Uncanny is holding the Team together.It's true that he is not often the Centre of the Story but he too has his Moments.
(mostly when it comes too the X-Women ;) ,but thats not too bad either).
His time will sure come sooner or later
I'm out :bamf
Fav Comics: All with an X on it.
Fav Characters: Nightcrawler,Colossus,Kitty Pryde
Fav Quote: Nocturne: Dad!!!
Nightcrawler: Vas?Verdammter Mist,I know I
schould have been more care
full.
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Originally posted by Diablo
Darick wrote :
How cool that you AND your kids are reading comics.
Yours don't, Darick ?? They're too young, perhap's...
My son just turned three, and my other son is due next month, so they're not readin' much.

My oldest loves Spider-man though, so the seed is planted.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Spider-Man is the kids's favourite !
I'm a teacher and at the school I work at, every kid has a spidey t-shirt or spidey shoes or spidey jacket.

BUT Nightcrawler is the mascot of our class.
*insert evil laugh here.*:evil:D

Mmmmh, it'll be difficult to read the Nightcrawler TPB to them though. They're french children and only three... :LOL
www.atlantys.biz

Ghost
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ghost »

naw great my mom is spider-man and x-men fan so i have to translate here the comics i buy over to german. since we life in spain she can't read mine anymore alone.lol nice to know they make a tpb becourse the first issues didn't came over to spain the local comic store tried it was already sould out. so whit the tpb i can see the beginning until they will release the single comics in spanish lol
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

It's things like these that make me wish I had money again... :LOL I really need to start working!
Originally posted by Darick

My son just turned three, and my other son is due next month, so they're not readin' much.

My oldest loves Spider-man though, so the seed is planted.
It's great! that your oldest child is already into Spiderman. I wish I had a father like you!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Is it just me or has the release date been pushed back? (Maybe I missed this on another thread though I thought those were for singles).

Amazon reports:
Publisher: Marvel Comics (May 11, 2005)
Maybe I'm just interpreting this wrong. In any case, I put it on my wishlist; does it annoy anyone else that you can't pre-order books on other sites like Barnes & Noble or Froogle?

Edit: Well, I found it on Barnes & Noble and pre-ordered it. It had a different ISBN and different release date (March) but it said it was in the series and had 144 pages...
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

O wow! a TPB... wich i am going to be forced to wait.. because. .well i have to wait for the issues anyway :shame
Oh, you're going for a 12 issue? wow that's wonderful news! :) people likes the book