the return of Ebay

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

the return of Ebay

Post by Elwing »

I don't know if anybody noticed, but a seller called hollycrovekids has a large amount of original X2 concept drawings on sale. Maybe something for the fans wit money? And for those who don't, it's still interesting to se all the looks they tried out!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

the return of Ebay

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Wow,

Some of those are nice, but others are really bizarre. :shocked

Why does Hollywood always think they need to mess with a good thing?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

the return of Ebay

Post by Maelstrom »

Well, the thing with "concept art" is that no one is quite sure what to do yet, so they need an artist to give them ideas. It's the visual equivalent of brainstorming, where huge loads of stuff just gets tossed on the table and you start sorting through it. Some of the stuff I'm familiar with, as it's on the DVD extras and/or in the "Art of X2" book.

It's interesting that they had several of NC as a homeless guy. They were obviously still working on the script, and one version must have had him as homeless instead of holled up in an abandoned church. And notice they were combining "standard" Nighty with "Extreme" Nighty a lot, too. Though I too have to wonder just what the HELL they were thinking with some of those drawings.... The horns and "Van Dyke" style facial hair were way over the top, IMHO, and that first one, "A hunched, full body-shot of Nightcrawler re-design- his arms & back form into wings. "?? What the HELL? :huh

What I find particularly intriguing is that one artist is credited with some of the more "off the wall" (sorry 'bout the pun) versions of Nighty as well as some "standard" ones. Whether I like all the concepts or not, he's got quite an artistic range :scratch
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

the return of Ebay

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
Whether I like all the concepts or not, he's got quite an artistic range :scratch
Very true. Cool stuff though.... obliged for the link ELWING!

B A M F !
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

the return of Ebay

Post by Saint Kurt »

Oh! Happy Birthday to Me!

I bid on three of them. Now I have to wait until Thursday to see if I win...

Too bad the knife is so pricey. I would love to have that...

-e
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

the return of Ebay

Post by Bamfette »

I bid on a couple of the cheaper ones, hope i did not step on anyone's toes :p
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

the return of Ebay

Post by Saint Kurt »

Hey Bamfette -

I ebay under my costume business name: bohemian_revoltionary

(yeah, spelled wrong... ooops. But I've learned to live with it.)

The one I really want is this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

I've always been fond of the drawing so I'd like it to be on my wall. I also noticed that knife he drops on the president's desk is being auctioned. That's very cool and if I was still working at Microsoft, I might have bid on it, but sadly those days are long gone. At $1900, I would have to sell my car. And I can't drive a knife to school.

-e