BAMF! -- Teleportation Discussion

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

This got derailed from the solo series discussion, split it into it's own thread.

-- Bamfette

--------------------------------------------------------

Kurt actually has a pretty deadly power if he ever wanted to use it that way...

:aoa killed Dead Man Wade by teleporting his head off...

I don't know if that trick would work on Wolverine, with the adamantium and all, but he could probably flay the skin from his bones...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BAMF!

Post by Diablo »

Yep, I agree here ! And he COULD teleport adamantium !!
Beware the evil Kurt ! :bamf
Buwahahahaaaaa ! :evil
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

BAMF!

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think he teleports everything with him, like if he were to teleport Beast, it's not like Hank's fur will teleport without him.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BAMF!

Post by Diablo »

No, you know, in the Age of Apocalypse storyline, he teleported... just a few fingers !
But it was a different Nightcrawler.
Kurt 616 could do that but would never do that.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

BAMF!

Post by Darick »

It's an interesting theory to explore.

With comics, anything's possible.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

BAMF!

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Has he teleported Wolverine before though?!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF!

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Diablo
No, you know, in the Age of Apocalypse storyline, he teleported... just a few fingers !
But it was a different Nightcrawler.
Kurt 616 could do that but would never do that.
He did both...he teleported off John Proudstar's finger 'cos he pointed at him and was rather rude...in X-Calibur #1...he teleported Wade's head off in #3...I think...could have been #4...

He'd have to train and really focus to teleport bits of things though I'd think...he tried to teleport something too big in God Loves, Man Kills and almost got stuck in transition...nearly passed out from the strain too...but that was a long time ago (both for him and for us), he's even more adept with his powers now...
Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
Has he teleported Wolverine before though?!
Logan was the first person he ever teleported with him...the strain knocked them both out...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I thought the first person he teleported was Lilandra:?
one name: Bruce Campbell
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

BAMF!

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
Yup, actually it was LILANDRA. I forget the exact ish but it was waaaaay back when JEAN had just recently become the PHOENIX. He was trying to rescue LILANDRA from a creature called "the soul-eater", and I remember him saying something to the effect of " I've never tried teleporting with another person before.."

Oh, and he can most definitely teleport with only portions of an object. He actually used that trick to save COLOSSUS' life in an old ish of UNCANNY where Kurt, Peter and Rogue were going up against an extremely powerful creature called the MAGUS.

For years i've said that if you think about, it Kurts' abilites would make him a (potentially) very deadly, very dangerous and almost unstoppable assasin . X2 was a prime example. You figure that the WHITE HOUSE has got to be one of the most secure/ protected places on earth...and MOVIE KURT cut through it's defenses like they were nothing...:eek

scary stuff..

B A M F !
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by B A M F !

Yup, actually it was LILANDRA. I forget the exact ish but it was waaaaay back when JEAN had just recently become the PHOENIX. He was trying to rescue LILANDRA from a creature called "the soul-eater", and I remember him saying something to the effect of " I've never tried teleporting with another person before.."

B A M F !
Yeah , I got it right here:

Marvel Comics group
Issue 107 the All New, All Different X-Men (The Uncanny X-Men)Beginning! The incredible saga of the Starjammers!

Chris Claremont
Dave Cockrum

:) thought bubble :
Blast! Demon behind me. Bug-eyed types charging in front--we've no way out...
...Save one.

he teleports himself and Lilandra to safety.

:cyclops:
"NIGHTCRAWLER! You made it!"

:)thought bubble:
B-barely.
Never...teleported with 'nother person...before. Didn't realize strain'd be so ...great. Anyone larger than...princess, I think would've killed us both.
As it is, can't even...stand.
Born Blue
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

BAMF!

Post by Born Blue »

Oh, and he can most definitely teleport with only portions of an object. He actually used that trick to save COLOSSUS' life in an old ish of UNCANNY where Kurt, Peter and Rogue were going up against an extremely powerful creature called the MAGUS.
Actually that piece of Magus was already seperated from his body thanks to Colossus. Kurt ported the severed limb to see if Magus still held a connection to the limb and if it would still harm him. It worked, but it's not the same as porting off a finger.

I do have examples of 616 Kurt porting portions of an object but I'm too lazy to look them up.
------ The Man who used to be Man of Letters ------
Well wadda know, I got a Nightcrawler fansite too!
------ http://respect-the-elf.freeservers.com/ -------
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

BAMF!

Post by B A M F ! »

BORN BLUE another example of 616 Kurt porting just a portion of an object was in an X-MEN annual from a few years back. Kurt, Kitty and NICK FURY were going up against the RED SKULL of all people . ( :eek ) I think I remember KURT saving FURY's life by 'porting off just a portion of the SKULL's hand :shocked (he had some kind of gauntlet-thingie on it or something. )

Also I may be wrong, but in that ish with the MAGUS, I could have sworn that his body was still attatched to the part Kurt 'ported off. I think that's why it hurt the MAGUS so much and caused him to let PIOTR go. I remember Nightie thinking something like " There's a piece of the MAGUS still stuck in the rubble ..never tried 'porting just a portion of an object before.."
:eek WOW! This thread got derailed!
Doh! Very true. Would love to hear some spoilers myself. Wondering if there are any definite plans for guest appearances by non X-related Marvel universe characters?

B A M F !
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF!

Post by Nandireya »

Oops...that's what I get for not checking my references...it was only 3 issues later...#110...and whattya know...they're playing baseball...

Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

BAMF!

Post by Darick »

Hey Thanks for noticing. On my forum, this would have been split off to "Kurt teleports" into it's own thread...

Strangely I'm drawing that sort of thing into issue 5. How's that for a spoiler?
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

BAMF!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!:love:kiss That is enough spoiler for me. I don't want you to get in trouble though, by giving out...:shifty...Top secret information...:toothy
GOD, I need my fix. At least Issue 3 is due this month.

And Darick, I noticed that kind of thing at your site and you have a point. This thread is about the solo series, and I'm allready sure the teleports were covered in one of the thousands of threads here...can't think of which one though.

**EDIT**

FOUND IT!!!
Try this thread, Teleportation Concept, it covers alot on Nightcrawlers teleporting (hence the name).
It's only 20 or so posts long, if you scroll down abit, it starts discussing his teleporting with other objects, as well as object that are a smaller piece of a larger puzzle.
Read it or restart it, it's interesting.
Born Blue
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

BAMF!

Post by Born Blue »

Also I may be wrong, but in that ish with the MAGUS, I could have sworn that his body was still attatched to the part Kurt 'ported off. I think that's why it hurt the MAGUS so much and caused him to let PIOTR go. I remember Nightie thinking something like " There's a piece of the MAGUS still stuck in the rubble ..never tried 'porting just a portion of an object before.."
Naw, the limb was already seperated. I'm positive on this.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Darick
Strangely I'm drawing that sort of thing into issue 5. How's that for a spoiler?

COOL!!! Looking forward to see who he uses that on....:D!

CURLYHAIRGIRL thanks for the link to the other thread ... :bamf

Oh, and BAMFETTE danke for giving this it's own thread . . :)

BORN BLUE ya might be right... :) I've got the ish in one of my back issue boxes but cant find it .. :(

Kind of a reverse of the 'porting just a portion of an object' thing..In an ish of WOLVERINE Kurt actually teleported a hunk of machinery inside of a robot destroying it in the process. Cool stuff!

B A M F !
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Well adamantium is unbreakable, so I don't think it would break off as easily as a bone
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

but he doesn't BREAK anything when he teleports something away, it's seperated from the rest of whatever is there on a MOLECULAR LEVEL. it's not about strength, it's about where the edge of his portal intersects with whatever he's touching. the hardness shouldn't matter.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

So if Kurt were to hold a small end of a long metal pole whose thickness was perfectly identical throughout its length, it would teleport with him?

In that case, if the object he was teleporting was too dense and stable for Kurt, wouldn't his arm be bamfed off because the molecules are more separated than the object he is attempting to port?
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Gaz
So if Kurt were to hold a small end of a long metal pole whose thickness was perfectly identical throughout its length, it would teleport with him?
Yes, but he would have to 'will' it to do so. Or maybe a better way to put it would be that he would have to focus on just taking that portion of the object with him and that's what would vanish.
Originally posted by Gaz
In that case, if the object he was teleporting was too dense and stable for Kurt, wouldn't his arm be bamfed off because the molecules are more separated than the object he is attempting to port?
I dont think the molecular density of an object would matter to Kurt so much as the SIZE of the object. We've seen that he has trouble 'porting things that have a lot of mass. Weve never seen a particular substance though that he hasnt been able to port regardless of its molecular structure.

( I could be proven wrong though, i'm just going by what we've all seen him do so far...:) )

B A M F !
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Bamfette
... it's not about strength, it's about where the edge of his portal intersects with whatever he's touching. the hardness shouldn't matter.
EXACTLY!

B A M F !
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Geez ... no one even mentionned when he teleported part of Nimrod off in Uncanny X-men two-hundred something ...

Rogue had tried the trick with Nighty's borrowed power, and it nearly did her in. She said if it hadn't been for the other powers she'd abosrbed (Colossus as well as Nightcrawler, plus the Ms Marvel powers she already had) that it would have killed her for sure.

So what does Nighty do? Next chance he gets, he pulls that stunt with Nimrod. It worked, far as I know, but he wound up missing and believed dead for a while, and when Kitty and Peter finally found him, his teleporting ability was virtually null. It got marginally better, but he could only teleport once a day after that.

Later in Excalibur, they realized the cause was that Nimrod's time-travelling abilities had messed up the connection Kurt had with the dimension he teleports through. Dr Doom accidentally religned it, to the joy of all.

PS: Does anyone know the actual issue numbers of these? I REALLY REALLY want them!!!

Oh and Darrick? Thanks for the spoiler, man! You rock!
Keep it up!
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Originally posted by DoomInABox
So what does Nighty do? Next chance he gets, he pulls that stunt with Nimrod. It worked, far as I know, but he wound up missing and believed dead for a while, and when Kitty and Peter finally found him, his teleporting ability was virtually null. It got marginally better, but he could only teleport once a day after that.
This issue is 209, I have it. It was a very good one, which almost made my friend cry(she thought Kurt was gone forever) and judging by Storm's face Image she felt the same way
Born Blue
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Born Blue »

Do you have a bigger scan of that?