Twentysomething Mutant Ninja Zombie Elf? (Speculative Spoile

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
AndyB
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AndyB »

After the April Solicts came out last, I was a little heart broken seeing no info for Nightcrawler for the second month in a row. I hadn't heard anything about it being cancelled or late, so I was a bit confuddled when Darick confirmed it wasn't cancelled, but didn't explain any further.

I don't know how the happenings in Wolverine ( a book I don't read) got into my head although I vaguely remember a Mark Millar interview where he stated he was killing an X-man. I had put it out of my head because at the time I knew Kurt was safe, he's one of the most popular X-men, just got a new solo book and is one of the film and TV characters, plus he's not even on the cover of the issue that includes the X-death. Totally safe, I thought, but since the I've heard the Dead X-man isn't staying dead and is going to be an agent of the hand. The weird thing is the issues this is happening in also correspond to months that NC hasn't been solicted for.

ALso the clues that MM has given lends itself to the Kurt Theory (Male, one of the most popular X-men) and a few things Darick has said leads me to think that Issue #7, which is the next issue of NC to be solicted, is a major one.

I've also seen a posting on another board mentioning something about Millar's "plans" for Rachel and Kurt, although I haven't seen anything that Millar has said directly relating to either one (although Rach is in the #25 preview).

Just thought I start the speculation since this would be a major change for Kurt and I have really mixed feelings about
this. I wouldn't mind a few issues of Kurt being a bad ass ala AOA Kurt but the fact that he isn't a one man killing machine is one factor that draws me to Kurt.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

That would be quite a dramatic change of direction for the solo series. Interesting, but I doubt it.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

Nightcrawler is not canceled.

Marvel is going to be issuing a press release about what's going on.

They told me again today that they are behind the book and I am currently working on #7.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

I'll admit, when I noticed no NC solicits for those months I was a bit worried for poor Kurt - not so much that he would be knifed by Logan, but more that he'd been cancelled.

I've got to also admit, that I've been suspecting the same thing - that the 'powers that be' have planned to have poor, angsty Logan kill his best friend. Wolverine needs more angst in his life, so what could be better than having him kill his conscience? :rolleyes It seems like a good chance (well as good as anything else) that this will happen. The lack of solicits could very well be an attempt to 'not give away the secret' (yep, it's a dumb conspiracy theory!)

Not that this especially worries me - what with all the 'rising from the dead' that's been going on at Marvel lately and Kurt's connections to people who could probably just snap their fingers and bring him back. Still, I'm not sure how I feel about this possibility. Either way, I'll still love the elf... even if he's :X
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Wow, that is an an extremely interesting scenario and it actually has me wondering if ya might be onto something. ...:o

I've said for years that with his powers and abilities Nightcrawler would make a terrifying and almost unstoppable assassin. ( remember the opening sequence of X2 anyone? ;) )
With the things currently going on over in MILLAR and JR JR's WOLVERINE run I can almost imagine this happening.

What would be more shocking than Logan killing his best friend? Or more scary (if you really stop and think about it) than Nightcrawler as an agent of the HAND?

Getting the 'heebie-jeebies' just thinkin' about it..... :eek

B AM F !
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Originally posted by Darick
Nightcrawler is not canceled.

Marvel is going to be issuing a press release about what's going on.

They told me again today that they are behind the book and I am currently working on #7.
YaY! That's good news! It's okay if he's dead, as long as he's not cancelled! ;)

Oh, and almost forgot: Here's the preview for the last Wolverine:

http://www.popcultureshock.com/viewer.p ... d=3837&p=1

This leads a lot of people to speculate that it'll be Rachel who gets it, but... it just seems too obvious! And with all the recent stuff going on between Kurt and Rachel... Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in the way!
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

:o

I'm scared now.

If Marvel's plannin' on making Kurt into a evil-killer assasin, they better plan on changin' him back, too!

On the other hand, it would be fabulously AWESOME story, with so many possibilities as to how it would unfold ... and some unbelievably great screen-time for the fuzzy-elf, whether he's really himself or not.

The fact that the solo book is being put on hold, whether for this reason or any other, makes me wonder if Marvel's making more of an effort to sync their books, like they did back in the nineties ... because so far none of the solo series have been really affected by the other titles, and vice-versa. Or do the solo series all sorta run on the same track, but separate from the main X-titles? So confuzzling ... :?
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
AndyB
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AndyB »

I feel really realy stupid for not thinking of this before someone else mentioned it!!!

What was the coolest scene in X2? Something involving a mind control blue elf going to kill the president of the us and who is the Hand's target in the MU, the president. Makes you go hmmmmm.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Geez. I'm interested but really scared too.

Kurt would be a great assassin, but I like the detective thing better !
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Assassin-detective ... ? Nope, just doesn't work. Better to stick with just detective. At least for the long run.

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

The 'murdered' X-Man is gonna be an agent of Hydra not the Hand according to the solicits...

I've been thinking about it ever since I heard the rumour...Kurt doesn't have to die for this to happen...Logan could fake his best friend's death.

I don't read Wolverine anymore so I have no idea why he's at the mansion...but it could be that Hydra sent him there specifically to get Kurt...they've no doubt seen what the guy can do...and thought about how they can use his powers for their own purposes.

Now...if I remember correctly...when Storm was 'killed' in Uncanny X-Men a while back...can't remember the issue number but they were in Australia and it was the first issue Jim Lee penciled...the body they found was actually some Hydra construct which took on her shape, apperance, sent...everything. What's to stop Hydra replacing Kurt with something similar? The X-Men would bury him, mourn him...leaving Hydra to do whatever the hell they want with the real thing.

The other rumour...the one concerning what Logan's supposed to be gonna do to Rachel...may be a ploy to get the damsel rescuing elf close enough to make the switch...

You know...I could really make a good fic out of all that...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

I garauntee you could, Nandy.

All that sounds suspiciously like what happened with Colossus ... except not involvng Hydra. When I read the Wolverine preview, I thought Wolverine was supposed to be after the President, and the Avengers were staking out the White House. I assumed he taking Rachel into Cerebro so SHE could do the dirty work, under threat of him blowing up the school.

Still, there's no reason why Kurt wouldn't come to the rescue anyway ...

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Remember people…this is only a rumour…pure speculation…all we have to go on is that Mark Millar said the X-Man slated to die was male and popular…that does give us a lot of ground to cover…

Besides...found this quote from Millar...
The X-Man who Wolverine does in in issue #25 has is probably one of the most high profile X-Men of the last ten years. He's enormously well-known and I'm amazed Marvel let me away with this. Obviously, they weren't going to let me kill Daredevil or the Hulk or whomever, but I was surprised when they said I could kill this character. It actually works really well. It's a real comic-book moment and I just saw the art last week and had to pinch myself. Wolverine driving his claws through this character was quite a sight.
"...probably one of the most high profile X-Men of the last ten years..."

That sounds like the character's only been around for the past decade or so...Kurt's been around since 1975 (that makes him 30 next year...just in time for X3...but I digress). If the character's popular and newer I guess we'd have to put our money on Gambit...in which case...I don't really give a fig.

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Oh man.... the more I read through this thread the more likely this seems to be what MARVEL is planning.
NADIREYA, That last quote from MILLAR really has me spooked.

Can you imagine? Who would be the most likely of ALL of the X-MEN to go up to a mind-controlled WOLVERINE, let his gaurd down and think that he could reason with him?

HIS BEST FRIEND a.k.a KURT WAGNER.

:shocked !!!!

B A M F !
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

OK, you did it all.

Now I'm really, really scared

:(:(
www.atlantys.biz

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I don't know what all the fuss is about... I'm certain that if Kurt dies, he will be revived and all will be good... that's what happens in comic books! No one would stand it if Kurt died forever. :p

However, it'd be interesting to see Kurt as an Agent of the Hand. Overall, whether Kurt dies or not, this should be a very interesting plot development.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Yes...I think Kurt would be the...well...logical choice...if slaughtering one's team-mates can be considered logical...

Kurt's death would have a profound effect on the X-Men...the guy is universally liked. Rachel would be devastated as he would probably be coming to her aid, and she’s developed certain feelings for him. It would hit Ororo pretty hard…she’s just lost Sage…and then another team-mate is butchered by yet another…she’ll be down to Bishop and Marvel Girl. Plus she also appears to have a certain attraction to the blue fuzzy one…

And of course how’s Logan going to feel when he discovers he’s murdered his best friend? Lots of angst-ridden story fodder there.

I can just see Kurt coming back to kick Logan’s butt…

:mad “You sent me to hell…time to return the favour!”

DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DoomInABox »

Don't be too scared, Diablo ...

All of this, I believe, this happens after issue six of the solo series, yes? Darick has gauranteed that they're running until at least issue twelve, so even if Kurt DOES bite the bullet, I don't think it's going to be chalked as a permanent death ... you can't really have a solo series without the solo character.

And I agree with Nandy ... it would make for some awesome character moments throughout the various X-members ... Kurt's been around since the second team, waaaaaaaaaayyy back in the seventies-eighties. There are a lot of emotional ties there.

Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

You folks and your notions. :LOL
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Originally posted by Darick
You folks and your notions. :LOL
We gots notions and potions :D

But, anyways, could be Gambit who gets it... or someone else. I could speculate all day long... Before I saw the preview for Wolverine #25 I was soooo sure it would be Gambit who got stabbied. Now... not so sure. I love wild speculation.

I've also noticed this rumor (Nightie :X) showing up on a bunch of other comic forums... We live in a close little world :smirk
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I've also noticed this rumor (Nightie :X) showing up on a bunch of other comic forums... We live in a close little world :smirk
So have I, and I'm not terribly happy. I can see them doing it though, if only for one story arc. They obviously can't have Kurt disappear for years like Betsy did but the idea of Kurt becoming an agent of Hydra also upsets me. We were just getting back the fun-loving charmer I've always loved. I would hate to see him dissappear so quickly. The angst over Ororo was already accomplishing that.

I hope we're all wrong, but I'm not so sure. I truly despise plots designed merely for their shock value.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Just ask yourself why there would be an ongoing series about a dead character?
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Yeah, I want to be optimistic about it too Darick, but you know...
I'd be really, really releaved if Marvel could put back the Nightcrawler series in their damn Previews ! :mad

And anyway, dear fellow Scrawlers, IF the elf had to bite the dust -I know he will not ! I know he will not !-, we would HAVE TO write to Marvel and let them know we're angry and scared ! :mad
www.atlantys.biz

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Nandireya
And of course how’s Logan going to feel when he discovers he’s murdered his best friend? Lots of angst-ridden story fodder there.
Angst-ridden plots are great for fanfics, but I'm never all that sure about for comics. Comics are supposed to be more funny than that, at least in most of my opinion... exceptions can always be made. :D
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

Pretty active in the last ten years... big, popular X-Man...

My guess, my wild speculation, my uncannily (not) accurate prediction is Cyclops.

-idsunki, who is probably wrong.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.