Some news on Kurt - from Claremont

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Was just browsing on comixfan when Chris Claremont (currently writing Uncanny) posted this:
Moving right along, to the fun stuff:

Kurt is the center-piece (along with the Resurrected One) of this arc, and will experience a major (potentially life-changing) experience / encounter / whatever in 460 / 461, currently being splendiforously penciled by Tom Raney (and to be inked by Scott Hanna.)
Interesting, no? Implying that the person who is brought back will not be Kurt... Anyway the whole post is here:
http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/sho ... post961829

Discuss! :bamf

Edit: After just a little bit of thought (Holy Monkey my brain is slow!) I realized that the phrase 'the resurrected one' is probably referring to [spoiler]Betsy[/spoiler] since, technically, that issue had not come out until today. So, therefore, all bets are off! And I'm very excited about this 'kurt-centric' arc coming up!
AndyB
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AndyB »

UGH! I wanted to say that Chris was speaking about the person being resurrected today, but after reading a bit, he could be alluding to the one from Wolverine, Collosus, or the one from the cover of 455. The latter I think makes more sense from him mentioning a reunion w/Beast, I didn't read X-treme but didn't she die saving him or something.

Darick and Chris have done their jobs, as I'm confuddled about this whole mess. Though I'm sticking with my guess that Kurt gets the 3 claw treatment in Wolvie. It'd also explain w/ he has a storyline with BB if my other guess is correct. Both would've been trained by the Hand and will have come back from the dead.

Argh! Wolvie #25 can't get here fast enough and I don't even buy the book!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

A major (potentially life-changing) experience/encounter/whatever?

That gives us a whole lot to speculate...

Something major's gonna happen to him or someone he's gonna meet is gonna have a profound effect on him...

It could be a meeting with Wolverine's claws...

Maybe the Kuroro fans will get their wish...

As long as he doesn't have a major personality change or lose his powers or anything pertaining to his devilishly good looks...I don't really mind...we're getting a Kurt-centric story...that's enough for me :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Maybe Azazel will return... or maybe Mystique or some other family member of his...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I've heard Mojo's involved so that's seriously lowered my expectations :yech

I mean...aside from Annual #10 and Creepycrawler just how much of a connection does Kurt have to the extra-dimensional blimp?

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Originally posted by Nandireya
I've heard Mojo's involved so that's seriously lowered my expectations :yech
Bleaaarrrg! Where did you hear that? It's so sad how fast a cool rumor about Nightie can go from tantalizing and extremely interesting to scary and potentially icky :(
AndyB
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AndyB »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
Maybe Azazel will return... or maybe Mystique or some other family member of his...
While I wouldn't mind the latter, the former I hope I never see or hear about again! They should just erase the blot on the X-world that Austen's run was, especially The Draco. Hopefully, the next time we hear Azazel's name it will be Kurt laughing at himself for ever believing the tripe about being his son. Maybe they could retcon it into being a trick by Mephisto and have him trying to corrupt his soul like he tried w/ the Silver Surfer and as shown in the Earth X books.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by AndyB
Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
While I wouldn't mind the latter, the former I hope I never see or hear about again! They should just erase the blot on the X-world that Austen's run was, especially The Draco. Hopefully, the next time we hear Azazel's name it will be Kurt laughing at himself for ever believing the tripe about being his son. Maybe they could retcon it into being a trick by Mephisto and have him trying to corrupt his soul like he tried w/ the Silver Surfer and as shown in the Earth X books.

While I agree The Draco was not the best X arc out there Austen still gave us a piece of an incomplete puzzle to Kurt's life, his father. We now know a little about his father and it won't be the last we hear or see of him. Writers will continue to piece together Kurt's life and some of us will not be happy one way or another how it is written.

Oh well. Can't make everyone happy.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by bluefooted
Bleaaarrrg! Where did you hear that? It's so sad how fast a cool rumor about Nightie can go from tantalizing and extremely interesting to scary and potentially icky :(
A couple of pages on...there's another post from Claremont...
Uncanny X-Men #460 -- and there's a scene between Ororo and Peter that's totally ... but I can say no more.

We also find out the fate of Sage's Carriage House / Sanctum.

And then, in 461, things get really silly -- because when you mix Mojo, Spiral, the X-Men *and* some (old) New Mutants ... ... but yet again, I can say no more.
Is he trying to make Ororo a whore? Looks like the damn woman's playing with the emotions of Logan, Kurt and now Piotr (of course he didn't actually say what was going on between her and Pete...)

Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Uncanny X-Men #460 -- and there's a scene between Ororo and Peter that's totally ... but I can say no more.

We also find out the fate of Sage's Carriage House / Sanctum.

And then, in 461, things get really silly -- because when you mix Mojo, Spiral, the X-Men *and* some (old) New Mutants ... ... but yet again, I can say no more.
Is he trying to make Ororo a whore? Looks like the damn woman's playing with the emotions of Logan, Kurt and now Piotr (of course he didn't actually say what was going on between her and Pete...)
I don't think her relationship with Peter was ever more than a big sister figure. I certainly hope that he's not insinuating something else.

There is another rumor at more than one forum that Marvel would like to dispense with all the X-Men from the future, and that Rachel and Bishop may not come back from this extadimensional romp.

I will repeat that this is a rumor and I have no idea where it came from, but it appears that the part about Mojo and Spiral was true, coming “straight from the horse’s mouth”, so who knows about the rest.

Mojo was never one of my favorite villains, le sigh :P , but I always did like Spiral.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image