BamfCentral bamfs away.

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by Diablo »

I think I can post this here, cause it's really Kurt-centered...

I'm very, very sad, 'cause one of my very favourite places disappeared two weeks ago :
I'm talking about BamfCentral

It was -for me- the best place to gather informations about Nightcrawler (no offense to the "Nightscrawlers" team, which is a message board before all things) :
I got over there tons of pictures, complete lists of X-Men Evo episodes, historical facts, images of all the merchandising,...

Thanks to Bamfcentral, I've known Comix-fan, Bowen designs, Comics Continuum, Superherohype, Statue Forum, darickr.com... and Nightscrawlers !

So, if you knew this place and enjoyed it as much as I did, PLEASE PLEASE write to the guy in charge.

Here is the adress :

admin@bamfcentral.com
admin@bamfcentral.com

Perhap's Jake -the man behind BamfCentral- will listen to us and come back.
He sent me an e-mail. I think the guy is passionate but desperately needs some feedback.
We Nightcrawler fans need a guy like him, and all the informations he's gathererd just mustn't be lost !

Again : please write.
Thanks. :)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I just noticed that today and I'm really bummed.
It was one of the best sites for every aspect of Nightcrawler.

I also want to add that while she hasn't removed the site, Tessa has decided to call it quits with any new updates to Fur and Brimstone.

Even the traffic here has been waning for the last few months. I guess with the movie almost two years behind us and the cancellation of Evo X, the interest is waning as well. :(

Man, I really really hope this gap in Nightcrawler issues doesn't end up with that series being cancelled before it finds a solid following, and new fans for the fuzzy elf.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, I hope this doesn't signify to Marvel that there's a loss of interest in the character. I'm very sorry to hear that these two great sites that I've visited are fading away.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by Diablo »

Yes. I'm kinda worried too. :(
That and the solos series's hiatus...

Here at Nightscrawlers, it's up to every one to keep the flame alive. And hopefully, there is always some new blood.

For BamfCentral, again (and sorry if I insist), don't forget to write to Jake.
It's always great to hear that what you do counts.
www.atlantys.biz

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I noticed that about a week ago and got annoyed, because that website is where I get all my computer backgrounds and it was the best Nightcrawler site I've been to.:(:bamf
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by luvnightcrawler »

Yes, I was devastated when I saw that horrid goodbyr message!! BamfCentral was one of my favorite sites!! I emailed Jake and am waiting for a reply.
:pokeThe Realm of the Stripey Pants :poke

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
Ryuu-chan
Lubber
Lubber

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by Ryuu-chan »

It's sad that the site was taken down, but maybe the creator just couldn't keep up with it anymore. It was a very nice site while it lasted.
Older, smarter, and more sane than before.

Hopefully, anyway.
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

BamfCentral bamfs away.

I dont know much about how sites are run, but maybe he could leave it up until his domain expired......

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. It's kinda hard to type in a straight jacket......
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Diablo

So, if you knew this place and enjoyed it as much as I did...
:(!!!

That is truly, truly sad news.... :(
I bought my first home computer waaay back in May of 2000. The first search I ever did on the world wide web was for anything having to do with NIGHTCRAWLER. The first (and coolest) Kurt-related place that I found? ( after sifting through a couple of sites about earthworms and fishing bait... :eek )

BAMFCENTRAL.

It had such cool black backgrounds and these wicked 3-D computer images of Nightie all around. I spent a couple of hours just surfing around the site, and I fell in love with the internet right then and there.
I'll never forget the thrill of finding that place for the 1st time, 'cause (as silly as it sounds now) here I thought I was just about the only comic-geek that had such a huge appreciation, fascination and admiration for the character.

Definitely sad to hear the news, and I really, really hope we get BAMFCENTRAL back again soon....

B A M F !
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by Diablo »

You know, I think that's exactly the kind of stuff Jake will be happy to read !!
www.atlantys.biz

kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by kladyelf »

I'll never forget the thrill of finding that place for the 1st time, 'cause (as silly as it sounds now) here I thought I was just about the only comic-geek that had such a huge appreciation, fascination and admiration for the character.
I hear ya BAMF - my situation was similar, after finding dozens of X-men and Generation X sites (and a few others to boot :hide :faint) i thought there were'nt *any* sites to do with the elf whether fics, pics and otherwise (and BamfCentral always had lovely pics on it that i wouldn't have found otherwise...)
its a pity that sites do close.
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by DeeJay »

I noticed this just the other day as well.

It's disappointing. Maybe if he doesnt want to update it anymore he can just leave what he has done up?
luvnightcrawler
Lubber
Lubber

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Thats what I was thinking....

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I hope the creator will pass the site to someone else to keep it running or something...:(
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

BamfCentral bamfs away.

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Diablo
You know, I think that's exactly the kind of stuff Jake will be happy to read !!
Aw, Thanks D!
Hopefully he peeks into this thread and sees just how missed his site is....:(

B A M F !