Nightcrawler Solo Series Speculations and Comments

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
beserkerclaw
Lubber
Lubber

Post by beserkerclaw »

its not conformed but there is a slight chance Kurt will get a solo series drawn by Darick Robertson. as he said on his website www.darickr.com about drawing a solo x-charactor.

"I was offered a new ongoing book at Marvel today that has me tap dancing. I will be doing a new ongoing book with an X-character going solo. I can't say who it is yet, but it's a book I am as excited to be working on as I was Wolverine. This character has never had a solo ongoing before and it's a great opportunity to make it great."

"I will be finishing Wolverine at the same time I am starting up on this, going into it right as I finish off my oversized issue of the Hulk. I am happy, happy, happy to be letting go of Wolverine for this project."

When another poster asked, "Hmmm... should we be investing in catnip?", alluding to the title possibly being a Beast series, Robertson replied, "I can't say, but your logic is fuzzy."

Robertson also revealed a writer has been chosen for the book, and the writer is one that he has not worked with before.

Robertson's comments seem to suggest that his new assignment is on an ongoing Nightcrawler series. Such a title has oft been rumoured of late, with outgoing Uncanny X-Men writer Chuck Austen - who Robertson has not worked with - attached.

Fan of Wolverine and NightCrawler
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by TelegramSam »

I would be perfectly thrilled with either a Nighty or a Beast comic. I love both characters to bits. Beast has been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid watching the cartoon on TV.
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tracker »

I've been hearing the rumour of Kurt getting his own series for while now. Everytime it looks like it might happen, something screws it up. But gods wouldn't it be great?:tail
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I want to know who's writing before I get excited about a new Nightcrawler (or Beast) comic. (Please oh please oh please be someone I really really really like pleeeeeease.)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

and if he IS getting his own series, I want an artist who makes him look good!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
beserkerclaw
Lubber
Lubber

Post by beserkerclaw »

Well Darick Robertson is the artist on the series that is either Beast Or Kurt and in my opinion he draws Kurt great as he did in Wolverine #6
Azur
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Azur »

naaaah i do not want to believe this, there isn't anything official, it's only rumours and fan guess
:shakeno don't hope, silly girl, or you're going to be disppointed

... but ... do you want to know the news in my f*ckin' country ?
listing "X-Men Reload" events Panini Comics/Marvel France reports
"a new title, Nightcrawler, is on-going, by Chuck Austen and Philip Tan, as it seems"

well, do you take it as a "it seems that Chuck would be preparating a Nightcrawler-solo" or "a Nightcrawler-solo is being preparated, it seems by Chuck" ?
:dance

'hope that my translation is right ... i wish i spoke a more fluent english :shame
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

I've heard the Chuck rumor often enough, but this is the first time i have seen Philip Tan mentioned.

in any case, neither is true....
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

when you say neither being true, do you mean Chuck and Tan working on a Crawler solo, or do you mean some of the other aforementioned rumors?

and while i like Darick Robertson, i can think of other artists that i would prefer to see on Kurt's book.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Chuck and Tan. the Darick rumor coud very well be true, i don't know. I do know a solo series has been in the works for some time now, for Juggernaut as well. the only one Chuck was ever officially attached to was Juggernaut, though. and that one was nixed some time ago, so Chuck could write Avengers instead. and it will now likely never happen. I am not sure where all these rumors started that he was doing a NC series. Tan was never attached to either one, to the best of my knowledge. but both series got put on hold for one reason or another... maybe NC is back on. i dunno. Darick's comments seem promising. and i really like Darick's art. now i just hope i like the writer, as well...
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i would like to see a Nighty solo series, i'd but it, i hope its its not just a rumor,
please keep us informed
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

OK, my fingers are crossed... I just hope the writer isn't a rookie. There are so many X-titles, IF a solo-Nighty series comes out, it has to be different and really, really well written !
Do you remember the Icons mini-series ? The covers were awesome, but the story was SO slow !

Anyway, I'll buy it. If the blue elf has a series, it's an historical event. Something I've always dreamed of !
Go, Kurt ! :bamf
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Azur
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Azur »

nobody believes me ? :(

'should have bet, my so-called proof's not trustworthy uh ? :cry
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Azur
nobody believes me ? :(

'should have bet, my so-called proof's not trustworthy uh ? :cry
Well, since the artist for the rumoured series is Darick Robertson, not Philip Tan and Austen has said he isn't writing it, no, your "proof" is definitely not trust-worthy.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yeah, I mean, i'm sorry, but i talk to Chuck every day. he's not writing it... and I don't know who is. the rumor's been going around for months, but it is baseless. always was.

Darick, i don't talk to, so i can't confirm one way or the other there. but i DO know he is a BIG fan of Nightcrawler. if he's excited about a new solo series that he's drawing, and using terms like 'your logic is fuzzy' my money is definitely on Nightcrawler rather than Beast...
Azur
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Azur »

oooookay ...
Panini is raving and next time i'll really have to shut my stupid mouth about its "news" :secret
just forget about what i said :oops

*sulks*
nghtcrwlr
Lubber
Lubber

Post by nghtcrwlr »

Guys, I found this in an interview at Xfan:

"CXF: If you could write any comic character ever , who would it be , and why?

CW: Nightwing. Because he's a stud. Also the Birds Of Prey crew are cool. I've already warned Gail Simone to keep looking over her shoulder because one of these days... I also think Nightcrawler is cool. He's got so much potential and is just... fun. We put together what I thought was a fun take on him for his solo book, but Marvel went another way. Sigh..."

Then DeFilippis wrote:

"
quote:
Originally posted by Eric J. Moreels
Cat. Bag. Out.

Well, not quite. All I can confirm is that we were asked for our take on Nightcrawler and that they went another way. I'm not sure if that other way was to decide not to do the book. Even in the more likely case that it was another writer, I honestly don't know if those plans went forward.

If we had a book for every pitch WE did that got close to going forward at Marvel, we'd be as prolific as Bendis.

So, whoever was at the helm of that other direction may have a book or may have a possible book or may have nothing.

Sorry we can't confirm anything officially."

Personally, after what Bamfette just said, it looks like an NC solo would definetly be considered, but I recall reading the tapped writer mention that the character picked has "never had a solo" [can't remember where] (and NC has had, what?, two?), I'm not too sure if it's actually going to be a book on Nightcrawler (although here's hoping).
Keep your distance, my love... I bite.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Nightcrawler never had a solo ONGOING series. Just two mini-series.
My fingers are so crossed it hurts really badly.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

A Nighty solo series would definitely be cool. I've frankly been a bit dissapointed with how they've been handling his character, lately, even without the whole religious thing, so perhaps this could be a chance to bring back the fun side of Kurt. The series could have a real adventuresome feel, like the original Excalibur (yes, I know I'm way too conservative when it comes to this sort of thing :rolleyes).
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

if Nightcrawler is going to have a solo series, it should be written by Bill Wllingham. In case you're wondering why, read X-men unlimited 49. i have no idea what else he's doing, but he seems to have a pretty firm grasp of Kurt's fun lovin ladiesman gallant self.

the art should be done by Udon. i have not seen them do a bad picture yet and if your not familiar with their work, pick up Deadpool iss. #66-69 the Task Master limited series :smirk
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/sho ... post811684

it appears that the writer will be Robert Aguirre-Sacassa.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

if you are going to list a writer or artist please put a reference point ,you know, somethig they've done.

thank you:oops
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

he is apparently the current writer on 4 the other fantastic 4 book that is out.... which is a little more character driven than the other book.... So he should be a decent match... I like the 4 sereis

You should be familiar with the artist.... with all his recent X-men work.

Try google or yahoo to look up refs to the names....

EDIT a little more info an sketches.....

http://www.darickr.com/speak/viewtopic.php?t=959
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by SmoothBamf »

Thanks BAMFCentral for the info!

btw: your hawkman rocks!

:smirk
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

He has BOOBIES! Seriously, what? I liked the pic and then I looks a little closer... he's got a nice slim waist too. ;)

Other pics look great without any oddness though.