NIGHTCRAWLER's best friend....

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

@BAMF!
I actually own the recent Wolverine issues 1-5 German and US 6. The German issues also feature Tsutomu Niheis Miniseries Snikt! and I only got it because I totally adore this author/artist. :love Back then I hardly cared for superheroes and too be honest neither the characters nor the story urged me enough to keep on buying the series. Much, much later I bought the US 6 because of NCs appeareance in it. (And I think Kurt looks waaaay cuter in his soloseries. :D)
Btw has anyone read Wolverine: Netsuke? So far everyone advised me against buying it.
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Loving Tears
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Loving Tears »

Lol ... (I know I'm going back a few replies but hey, I've always been slow) ... Thanks, I wouldn't have wanted to explode all on my nice computer. ;)

Luv, me.
No one is good at everything, but everyone is good at something. :)
Andrew
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Andrew »

That comic strip was funny, is he not covered in little blue fur or is his skin blue?:toothy
Anything in the mind can become reality!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

In the comics, he has short blue fur (as Paty has said, think "nap").
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Clarisa_heart
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Clarisa_heart »

You know, I really love nightcrawler and all, and of course he is my favorite character, but if I had to choose between him and Logan I'd choose Logan cuz I seriously wouldn't want to walk around looking like a freak. I hate people stareing at me and I hate other people's pitty.
Respect my authorita, cuz I'm Clarisa, BITCH!
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Don't you love how Kurt IMMEDIATELY asks about Ororo?

Such a subtle "Dude, back off..."

Originally posted by B A M F !
Originally posted by Nandireya
It's interesting that these two are best friends...they're so very different...but they complement each other so well...
Ssooo true!

Thinking waaaaaay back to when the new team was 1st brought together it really does seem like an unlikely pairing.
Early on Kurt always seemed to go out of his way to address the well being of his teammates. (His early interactions with CYCLOPS right after 'JEAN' became PHOENIX are a good example. )
Pardon my french but for the most part in the early days of the ALL new ALL different X-MEN Logan was pretty much a pr*ck. Very protective, yes, but there were also many times where he popped his claws and was deadly serious about threatening his fellow X-Men. ( I remember him actually attacking Kurt one time for just laughing at him...!)

Makes it all the more amazing that they'd eventually become this tight....:)

Would really enjoy seeing a good limited series with these two...

BAMF!
Bamf, suckas!
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

I agree - I've always thought they'd be a perfect pairing for a limited series.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

[quote]Originally posted by prettyminotaur
Don't you love how Kurt IMMEDIATELY asks about Ororo?

Such a subtle "Dude, back off..."[/quote]

And Wolverine is probably completely aware that Kurt has a ‘thing’ for Ororo…he can probably smell the pheromones or something…so if he and Ororo DO become involved I’m gonna go from disliking to actually hating him! It’d certainly end their friendship…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Kurt's making it pretty obvious...Wolvie has no right to horn in on his best friend's crush! Especially since Logan/Storm doesn't really make any sense at all...
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

And, after mind-melding with Rachel in Uncanny, Ororo's gotta know how Kurt feels (Rachel does and isn't at all happy about it...poor girl)...so if she starts up with Logan with that knowledge I won't be too impressed with her either...or rather the write who does it...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

I also agree that Logan/Ororo would be one of the strangest pairings ever- but I have a dim feeling sooner or later somebody is going to bring or rather force them together. Opposites attract? Whatever...
Since Wolverine is on almost every single team out there how can he ever find the time for a relationship? :smirk
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, there is potential for a Logan-Ororo pairing to not be all that strange, if it's developed gradually. Though it's not likely that my idea will be considered, and they'll be thrown together without any explanation that while 'Ro does love Kurt, it's not "that" way, or whatever.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I'm guessing if Wolverine and Ororo do get together it'll be forced by the editors...they seem to have a 'we know what's best and we're gonna force the writers to write what we in our precious little fan-boy haze want without a care fro the readers that actually keep us in work!'

prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Kurt and Ororo is the only pairing that "makes sense," IMHO. If you go back and look at all the old Cockrum stuff, Kurt's saying "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen" and so on and so forth. Clearly the boy is very tormented about all this.

Question--is all this mind-melding/waltzing stuff available in TPB? I've been catching up on the X-Books after a 5 year hiatus, and I'd like to follow the Kurt Romance Saga especially...since he's my boyfriend and all. :love
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Dave Cockrum has told us in the past that Chris Claremont had planned for the pair to become romantically involved way back when he was pencilling (there were some very nice sketches by Dave around here at some point of the two of them)…that’s pretty much from the beginning…but for some reason it never came to pass…

Kurt hasn't had any real romantic interludes since he returned to the X-Men…there’s been some flirting…with Ororo and Betsy mostly…but nothing really serious…you want any real Kurt fluffiness you’ll have to go for old issues of Excalibur, and none of those stories are available in TPBs…he and Cerise had a sweet little thing going, then a new writer came in and completely got rid of her and brought back Amanda…

But anyway…the ‘waltz’ is in The End of History (issues 444 – 447)…the little discussion with Wolverine is in Chasing Hellfire (issues 452 – 454)… the mind-meld thing is in World’s End (455 – 459), in which there is more Kurt/Betsy flirting than anything (also seen in 460 and 461…with their shared cavalier attitude…I could see Kurt and Betsy together…)…then House of M kicks in…I’m not sure where they’re at with the TPBs though…

prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Thanks, Nandi! I really appreciate the TPB info. I used to read Excalibur back during the Cerise thing...never liked her, honestly...I prefer him with Storm or Amanda, really...
Bamf, suckas!
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

Kurt/Betsy is an interesting idea, though...they could fence! :D
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Okay guys...we've gotten a little :offtopic here...we're supposed to be talking about Kurt's best friend not his love life...unless Ororo and Betsy are his best friends?

Art_Mage
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Art_Mage »

Between Kurt and Logan?? Meh....I'd go with le Fuzzy Elf. Somehow Wolverine's unpredictable feral nature seems a whole lot freakier than Kurt's fangs, three-toed hands and tail. That amount of mental anguish in Logan's horrendous. Besides, teleportation has its uses. ;)
I do agree that Logan is as close as Kurt would get to real buddy although I'll say that Piotr comes in second. (A fiasco with Mariko left Kurt Bamfing off just in time to avoid Logan's charge and the Canadian himself was restrained by and given a stern talking to by Colossus...) Would Kitty count as a good friend? I mean..she hates him at first..but grew to like him even more later on
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Kurt and Lucas seem to have bonded a bit now they're team-mates...and the only full time blokes on the team...that bloody Wolverine is everywhere but he never seems to be there when they need him...