New Nightcrawler Heroclix figure in July

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

The next Heroclix set, Fantastic Forces, might sneak out at the end of June, but officially comes out in July. But they showed the new Nightcrawler figure today on WizKids site:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/ma ... ?cid=39960

And the best part is that he's not a unique....you actually have a chance of getting one if you buy a few boosters! The sculpt is pretty wild too:

Game-play wise, he's slightly different than the one that came out almost 3 years ago, but not by much. This one just won't cost you $50+! Even the Limited Edition "Kurt Wagner" version shouldn't end up at half of that, plus you can go play in tournaments to win him if you don't pull one.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

First off very cool they are giving him another figure considering the old one is retired.

Also great that he has the cockrum costume.

But I'm not big on the scuplt itself, don't get me wrong I like the IDEA of showing him porting all over the place, but something about it just doesn't sing.....

Though that wont stop me from trying to get him... Unfortunately I don't play anymore so its either ebay or try to bribe some of the old guys I use to play with.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

I agree with Bamfcentral. Cool that they brought him back, but the sculpt is just...odd. If they had made this another unique and made a more traditional sculpt for the regular version i would be much happier.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I agree too. There's just something disturbing about it... like that bamf cloud is hiding an accident that'll give him four legs. :smirk

I never did get my hands on the old one, but I will go ahead and hunt for this one since it's Nighty.
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

If you look hard, above his set of legs on the left just above behind the figure it looks like another full upper torso of Nightcrawler. Fully giving the effect that he is ever where....
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

This week's Inquest has the picture of the other side of the sculpt...there's basically enough for two Nightcrawler figures on the base. It might be worth it to take one apart and just make it one full Kurt in a cloud.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Not a bad idea at all, Darkholme !!
I'll cut him in half !
NYAHAHAAAAAAA !
:evil
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

At first glance I thought "Cool!" until I saw what was going on and then I too found that figure alarming, as though it were possible for Nightcrawler to "Splinch"* himself.

-e

*The word "Splinch" courtesy of J.K. Rowling. It's what happens when someone botches an apparation (which sounds a lot like teleporting) and leaves parts of themselves behind.