Nightcrawler in House of M

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

*note: this topic has been brought over from the notscrawlers temporary board*

Idsunki wrote-

There's going to be spoilers ahead (minor, to be sure), but since I don't know how/if the spoiler tags work here, I'm just giving warning ahead of time.

We've had a lot of versions of Kurt over the years, but how does HoM Kurt stand up? I dig the uniform on him, and Kurt Darkholme, Agent of SHIELD has a certain ring to it. Dual-pistol wielding vs. swords? Hard to say. Though it does seem Wanda gave him at least some of what he wanted. He wanted to be accepted, he wanted a family (Mystique), and a life of adventure (SHIELD).

Any questions, comments, concerns? I don't think he shows up much if at all in the next thrilling issue (on stands tomorrow!), but his brief appearances so far should be cause for speculation.

-idsunki, bankrupt on selling.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

Elwing wrote-
I'm really not following the whole house of M thing- I just buy Uncanny as usual, and it's nice to see captain Britain, of course, even if I have no idea what is going on. Something with Scarlet Witch tweaking reality? At least I read the old "captain Britain" and "Excalibur" comics so I can make some sense of it all...
And the last issue of Uncanny was completely crawlerless. Davis and Claremont had better give him some good screentime in thursday's issue!
I have to add, that I pity those who read #462 without the background knowledge- Characters like Jim Jaspers, Saturnyne, Roma and the whole captain britain corps showing up without explanation-it's enough to puzzle anyone. You can really leave it to Davis to draw up total chaos anyway! and the X-com were just silly.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

Curlyhairgirl wrote-
AoA Kurt is in House of M?!!! And nobody told me sooner? *weeps silently* Man, there needs to be one more reason to pick this up when I go in on the 27th.

Actually, the last issue of Uncanny did have Nightcrawler in one of the first couple pages with Bishop and the reast of the team, but he's about the size of a standard sized staple.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

Idsunki wrote-
It isn't AoA Kurt, just a different version of the regular one.

As for the new Uncanny, I already posted a lengthy thing up at 'scrawlers before the crash, so I'll keep it short - I pity anyone who spent money on it.

-idsunki, chillin' at bardo pond.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Elwing »

Nachtgleiskette wrote-
[/i]I bought it.....but only for it's HoM tie in...I am very very disillusioned by Clairmont....as am I SO completely a HoM whore....

I also bought the Secrets of the House of M, which was a good read. Basically, gives you all the background on the entire thing, specifically character bios..I liked Nightcrawlers. I also thought it was very interesting how they changed Wanda up.......VERY interesting, though I'm sure it's a cover up so whoever may question the entire thing won't think of her........

Oh, and watch out for falling spoilers below...

I'm not terribly impressed that Logan seems to be the man to bring down the whole thing.....though I like the addition of Layla and honestly, it DOES make a whole lot of sense that it would be Logan........ [/i]
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

I'm loving the whole House of M crossover event. I guess I'm just easy to please. :P

After the recent trip to the Savage Land, I wasn't exactly feeling the love for Claremont, but I really like what he's doing to set up his New Excalibur series post-HoM. I look forward to a regular series set away from the main X-Teams AND, of course, with Nocturne in it.
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

Ooh...I have no idea if this is true or not, but I've heard rumors the premise behind Nocturne's presence in UXM's House of M crossover is that she really IS the daughter of HoM Wanda and Kurt - and her existance is quite the family scandal. Of course, since Wanda's not married and has at least two boys gradeschool age, I don't know why T.J. would be MORE of a scandal than her "brothers."

I really hope this rumor is true, but I suspect it's wishful thinking. :wan-kurt
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Lysistrata
Ooh...I have no idea if this is true or not, but I've heard rumors the premise behind Nocturne's presence in UXM's House of M crossover is that she really IS the daughter of HoM Wanda and Kurt - and her existance is quite the family scandal. Of course, since Wanda's not married and has at least two boys gradeschool age, I don't know why T.J. would be MORE of a scandal than her "brothers."

I really hope this rumor is true, but I suspect it's wishful thinking. :wan-kurt
Unless HoM Wanda and Kurt have aged quite a bit, that would be kind of weird to explain. Not that things like that haven't ever happened in the Marvel universe before...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

Hmm...if you assume they're both in their early 30's, T.J. could be a high school accident. ;)

Otherwise, just repeat after me: "Marvel Time."
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but hasn't it been said once or twice that HoM Magneto is not exactly known for his fondness of "deformed" mutants?? I don't think it was said outright, but I vaguely recall somewhere someone saying something about more "normal" mutants being what he prefers to associate with....perhaps this is why TJ may be considered a scandal......or, just the scandal in a HoM Princess bunmpin uglies with a lowly shield agent? Wow, I can't wait to read the next Uncanny...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by Lysistrata
Hmm...if you assume they're both in their early 30's, T.J. could be a high school accident. ;)

Otherwise, just repeat after me: "Marvel Time."
Kurt is ~ 27-28 (according to Kitty’s age), so he’s kind of young to have a child as old as TJ.

But then again, when I first fell for Kurt he was way too old for me, and now...

If it happens we can chalk it up to comic book time warps. :rolleyes
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but hasn't it been said once or twice that HoM Magneto is not exactly known for his fondness of "deformed" mutants?? I don't think it was said outright, but I vaguely recall somewhere someone saying something about more "normal" mutants being what he prefers to associate with....perhaps this is why TJ may be considered a scandal......or, just the scandal in a HoM Princess bunmpin uglies with a lowly shield agent? Wow, I can't wait to read the next Uncanny...
Interesting! That's news to me. It'd be a reasonable twist, since in the main universe it's Xavier who prefers the pretty mutants and Mags who always calls him on it.

I haven't picked up on that as a subtext anywhere in the HoM comics, though.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I've not heard of the Mags not liking obvious mutants thing either...

Maybe they'll blame TJ on Sinister? It's not like he hasn't created mutants from mixing the DNA of other mutants without their knowledge in the past. Or someone else planning to bring down the House of M through scandal...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Nandireya
I've not heard of the Mags not liking obvious mutants thing either...
Lol....turns out what I got that idea from has yet to come out....oops! But, basically, Ororo makes a slight reference to the fact that the ideal is still a white "normal" person.....this may not be completely in reference to Magneto, but he seems to have an angry reaction when his son agrees....

Oh, it's in Black Panther HoM....which looks good....

http://www.buzzscope.com/previewer.php?id=4721&p=4
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

NachtcGleiskette, you evil woman! You just introduced me to buzzscope. I've now read the first 5 - 7 pages of too many comics - comics which I now have to buy. Marvel should send you a cut.

I now have to get the HoM Black Panther. It has more to do with the HoM continuity than most of the tie-ins (in the first 7 pages, you see two members of the royal house, plus some other X-Royalty). I'm really looking forward to this one.