I think you might need to sit down before reading.

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
AndyB
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AndyB »

UGH! Very depressing day at WW yesterday, according to Dan Buckley, there's nothing that can be done to save Nightcrawler. What got me the most is that he said Marvel actually had supported the book and when I asked how putting the book on an unannouced hiatus was support, he basically brushed me aside. In the 5 or 6 years I've gone to WW, he's the rudest pro I've met. Even Claremont was cool when I questioned him about and voiced my displeasure about NC as a priest. It's amazing that books like Spider-girl survive and a book that is really just starting to get it's voice is killed. I want to campaign to save the book but I wonder if it'll really work.

WIth that said I really want to thank Darick and Roberto for the ride! It's the only Marvel book that I literally can't wait to read each month. I hope both of you find a way to tell a few more NC stories in the future.

-Andy
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Nightcrawler cancelled??? :urg :cry :thumbdown

This is one of the solo books that I have enjoyed since it started a year ago! The one book I thought would make it. Rogue is cancelled. Gambit is cancelled. Is Wolverine cancelled? Hell No! Its ok to shove Wolverine down our throats and put him in every Marvel book in creation since he's hot and there would be nothing on God's green Earth Marvel would do to cancell him. Wolverine is even the center of X-3. As he was with X-Men and X-2. Wolverine! Wolverine! Wolverine! :yell

Btw, I hear DC is complaining to Marvel. They are finding Wolverine even in their own books. :shifty

:bamfDon't cancel Nightcrawler!:bamf
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

How could they do this to us?! This book is the only place where Nightcrawler actually does anything, in Uncanny he doesn't really do anything, plus his appearance changes drastically with each new artist on Uncanny.. Darick should be the only one to draw him... I hope Marvel thinks this and if not, I hope that Darick could be next in line on Uncanny, after Bacholo's (?) run
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Oh, god...

We only have one option left :
to write "en masse" to officex@marvel.com right NOW !

We ALL must send an e-mail if we wanna save our dream book !
Hey, Spider-girl was saved that way. Why not the blue elf ??
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Has the cancellation actually been confirmed, or is this apparently rude fellow just talking out of his arse?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

It's real Nandireya. Think of the hints I've been dropping for the last few months.

I've known but just couldn't say anything more than "buy the single issues if you want to keep it" in hopes that a strong upsurge in sales would change Marvel's mind. To me, if a Marvel publisher stands up and says the book is going to be cancelled at a comic book convention, then that is the confirmation.

Unfortunately the train I was going to take to Wizard World broke down on the way and I ended up back at home instead of at the convention. (Better than Nightscrawlers breaking though right?) I wish I had been there now.

I am trying to think of a large scale response for Nightscrawlers. Stay tuned. We will have one, I just have to think of what it will be.

thanks
-e
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

OK Zam.
We'll stay aware. :eek

In the meantime, I've already written to Marvel.
I hope you'll do it too my friends.
It's already painful not to see Kurt in X3, but the disappearance of his ongoing is a real heartbreaker ! :bawl
www.atlantys.biz

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I'm going to throw up.

I'm going to write as well as soon as I post this.

[edited at 8:09 am]
well I sent in my letter...if they cancel this series...I'm leaving Marvel permanently and making my home at TopCow and DC...and never turning back!
one name: Bruce Campbell
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

I couldn't do that, Eryn, because I'm such a Marvel geek... :hrumph
But still, I understand the feeling. :yell

...And at least two e-mails we've got ! :mad :mad
www.atlantys.biz

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I'll have some of my friends from this side o' Cali tack on a couple letters as well. They get their fix through me, and with out me as a Marvel monkey, they don't get their fix, see, it starts a whole chain reaction...O_0
I don't want to leave Marvel, but I most certainly can without an ounce of regret. There are more, better things in life.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
I'll have some of my friends from this side o' Cali tack on a couple letters as well. They get their fix through me, and with out me as a Marvel monkey, they don't get their fix, see, it starts a whole chain reaction...O_0
Eeeeevil ! I love it ! :evil :evil
www.atlantys.biz

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

They get their fix through me, and with out me as a Marvel monkey, they don't get their fix, see, it starts a whole chain reaction...O_0
Good God. You're like a Marvel drug dealer. ;)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Let's see what we have now: :(

1. Very little Nightcrawler in the last two Uncannies. (Well, he might be in some of the other House of M stuff, but I'm not that into comics I'm going to buy all of them) Heaven knows what will happen to him after the House of M is over. :rainy

2. Nightcrawler ousted from X-3, or if he's there, not a major part

3. And the big topper - The solo series gets canceled.

You betcha I wrote Marvel. I'm angry enough to chew nails :yell

Depending if there are any resounding changes in Uncanny, this may be my swan song with Marvel as well. I have a subscription to Uncanny through issue #474, it may be my last.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
They get their fix through me, and with out me as a Marvel monkey, they don't get their fix, see, it starts a whole chain reaction...O_0
Good God. You're like a Marvel drug dealer. ;)
:*DHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....Got a problem with that? (insert mob boss smilie here)
Just kidding.

Hey, they just give me their money, and shopping list, and once a month when I go in to the shop, I get their stuff. Why not, if I'm there anyway:whistle
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

It's true Shadow Dancer. 2005 has not been a very good year for poor Nightcrawler.

:shakeno

-e
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Bummer, but not unexpected... Even Darrick has been dropping subtle hints that the book wont stay.

But even before the book was out the execs behind it didnt' seem to endorse it that much. Remember reading in one interview about it that one (I think it was an editor) Was praising Darrick and then saying it was a surprise what some people's dream projects are... He was referencing the upcoming Nightcrawler series.

It's just not a glowing endorsement. Its the infamous burning compliment.. "Why yes you do look good in those jeans, [slight pause] your a$$ doesn't look near as fat"
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by BAMFCentral

But even before the book was out the execs behind it didnt' seem to endorse it that much. Remember reading in one interview about it that one (I think it was an editor) Was praising Darrick and then saying it was a surprise what some people's dream projects are... He was referencing the upcoming Nightcrawler series.
If I remeber correctly, those words were Joe Quesada's words.
I was a little shocked whan he said them.
If Marvel's big head doesn't like Kurt, what can we do ?? :urg
www.atlantys.biz

Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

Here's the e-mail I sent them.

Dear Marvel,

Ever since the release of X2, I have been a fan of the enjoyable and unique Kurt Wagner, aka Nightcrawler. Once I saw the movie, I have become obsessed into finding as many stories and comics with him involved and my prayers were finally answered when he came out with his own series.

However, it has come to my attention that Nightcrawler will soon be cancelled after its current story, "The Winding Way", is complete. If this is true, it saddens me greatly. Nightcrawler, to me, was a person I could relate to. Although different and freaky to the whole world, he has still kept a clear, beautiful heart and mind that has been the soul of the X-men. As hard as I've tried, I just couldn't relate to any of the other X-men or Marvel characters. I know that Wolverine has always been your number one character, but he's had so much time in the spotlight with not only his own series, but in nearly every X-men universe comic you have. You'd not only be upsetting me, but an enormous number of fans who would hate to see "The fuzzy elf" disappear.

Please, I beg you to reconsider this and understand that people read Nightcrawler not because he's got amazing powers or a sense of humor or even that he's neat looking, but because he teaches all of us that no matter how different you are, you can accomplish anything with faith.

(You think this'll tug at lease one heart string?)
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Possibly it would if it hadn't been planned from the very start and there was a possibility of a mindchange by a Marvel exec...

Forgive my gloom and doom feeling.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

This is not acceptable.
Okay, I'm stilla newbie at this but how about a petition? I could set up a web address and people would be invited to add their names and e-mail addresses.
Do-able?
Not do-able?
"You've got it allright. Now keep it to yourself"

http://shadowscrawl.tripod.com/
Home of Lil' Kurt
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

psst. check the 'petition' link in the header bar ;)

I ask anyone who writes to Marvel to PLEASE remain polite and well spoken. express your views without insulting them, it will have a MUCH greater impact. inflammatory letters that come into Marvel are generally ignored out of hand. the letters posted so far have been great in that regard, but just incase.

anyway. this saddens me. I was only following in trades, and yeah more support in singles would have helped, so you can blame me if you like, but i buy absolutely everything in trades these days, i don't touch any single issues anymore.

Marvel is regressing it's core line, it's becoming tediously formulatic and boring (aside from Astonishing. because Joss Whedon is amazing ;) ). the fringe books were the only thing, besides Astonishing, that I was reading... now Asonishing will be ALL I am reading until Joss is gone, then i will go and happily read my Vertigo books.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Emm...Sorry. This is me being thick.
What link? What header bar? I don't know where to look.:bawl

Home of Lil' Kurt
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

right underneath the Nightscrawlers logo, in the black area , to the far right. it's in red text.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Don't get mad...I really really can't see anything like that.:urg

Home of Lil' Kurt
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

Hello -

Sorry for the confusion everyone. The very obvious red petition link was only very obvious to the Administrators until a few minutes ago while we were testing the page and putting the graphics together. :)

Now it should be very obvious to everyone. And everyone should definitely go there and send it. Feel free as well to visit this link where I have posted a copy of the form letter along with all the names of the editors and publishers involved with the decision making for Nightcrawler.

There is also the physical address for Marvel Inc.,. I have done grassroots letter writing campaigns before and I must stress the importance of written correspondence. Even if it is a form letter, it is said that a piece of paper correspondence is worth a dozen pieces of email. If each of you sent one copy of the letter to each of the 4 people listed, it would be like sending 48 people sending an email.

Thanks and spread the word.
-e