I think you might need to sit down before reading.

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Savory_Elf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Savory_Elf »

I sent four letters by snail mail, to the "big four" that you listed; hopefully, they'll help to make a difference.
God, this is so depressing. :cry
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Ladies and gentlemen, in just about one day, 100 petitions have been sent! Thank you all for your support and thank zamweasel because even with the stubborn Marvel execs, we just may pull this off (don't hold your breath, but it's possible!)

Continue to promote the petition and hopefully we'll see much more help with our efforts! :)

Note: Just before I posted, it ticked over to 101. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Yes ! Let's just continue this way, my friends ! :vader;)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
the_bowler76
Lubber
Lubber

Post by the_bowler76 »

Hey there,

As you can all see, I am a TOTAL newbie to all of this, but thank you for putting together the petition. I have read Nightscrawlers for some time now, but didn't feel that I had anything useful to contribute (not to say that I do now anyways *LOL*). Seeing that petition banner made me sign up well quick!

I cannot BELIEVE that Marvel are cancelling the series. I have been enjoying it so much and felt it to be a ray of light to have a whole series on the blue elf, rather than the glimpses we get these days - eg in books like House of M.

Very sad news indeed.

:
---------------------
Nemesis Wanted: I'm 5'10, into kayaking, books, and conversation (by day), justice, honour and vengence (by night). Seeking arch-enemy, possibly crimelord or deformed megalomaniac. Call 0207 567 343.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Hey, welcome at Nightscrawlers and thank you ! :):)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I am not having a good day...I come online after a week away and finds this (though I did kinda expect it) and while reading my DVD-R went on the fritz...AGAIN...that's the third frickin' time since I bought it...FOUR MONTHS AGO! Piece of frickin' crap!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

OT: Sorry the news had to come in such a rush to you; that's terrible. Hope you have a better day today. :(
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
the_bowler76
Lubber
Lubber

Post by the_bowler76 »

Originally posted by Diablo
Hey, welcome at Nightscrawlers and thank you ! :):)
Thanks for the welcome Diablo :wave

It's a bummer that I have just moved to the UK - had to leave my comic stash at home...would have brought them with if I had known that Nightcrawler was going to be cancelled so soon! May have to get them posted over just so I can re-read them when I am missing the Elf!
---------------------
Nemesis Wanted: I'm 5'10, into kayaking, books, and conversation (by day), justice, honour and vengence (by night). Seeking arch-enemy, possibly crimelord or deformed megalomaniac. Call 0207 567 343.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

I think it's just ridiculous, and upsetting. He's only been GAINING momentum as a character since X-2, not losing it. I've been a fan of Kurt's since the early 90s, I literally cried tears of joy during the opening sequence of X-2, and I know I wasn't alone. Cancelling his solo book is an absolutely ridiculous move. I've written my letters to Marvel and signed the petition, and bought as many issues as I can for my friends. I'm sick of Kurt being treated like a minor player on the X-Men stage. He's just as important and beloved as Wolvie or Storm, and GOD KNOWS he's better than stick-in-the-mud Cyclops. The Nighty solo series was an answer to my childhood prayers. Now, hearing of its imminent cancellation...

:doh!

I'm just...bitter. Do everything you can, people! It literally took just a few minutes to write up a quick note to Marvel, print out 4 copies, and address the envelopes. Buy the trade paperback, "The Devil Inside," even if you already own the monthly issues. Buy the monthly issues THE VERY DAY they come out. Let's make these numbers happen, ja? JA!

:bamf
Bamf, suckas!
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

Originally posted by HoodedMans Love
Nightcrawler cancelled??? :urg :cry :thumbdown

This is one of the solo books that I have enjoyed since it started a year ago! The one book I thought would make it. Rogue is cancelled. Gambit is cancelled. Is Wolverine cancelled? Hell No! Its ok to shove Wolverine down our throats and put him in every Marvel book in creation since he's hot and there would be nothing on God's green Earth Marvel would do to cancell him. Wolverine is even the center of X-3. As he was with X-Men and X-2. Wolverine! Wolverine! Wolverine! :yell

Btw, I hear DC is complaining to Marvel. They are finding Wolverine even in their own books. :shifty
Oh that is so true! I don't mean to go off-topic here, but when I was explaining to my friend what happens in the films, it dawned on me that everything is centered around Wolvie. Although he's a central mutant to the comics, haven't marvel had enough of him? And now this spin-off wolverine movie! Sheesh!
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by thylacine »

I agree with Bitsy. Nightcrawler is a "nice" character, and Wolverine is more aggressive, more brutal, & likes to fight, etc... so naturally they sell more Wolverine merchandise. It's just cold hearted marketing, and it stinks.