I need a NC tattoo

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Samurai
Lubber
Lubber

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Samurai »

It took about 1.5 hours. I found a guy from St. Louis that specializes in comic-style characters. I decided to get it in black instead of in color, and I couldn't be more happy with the job that he did.
I've had it for 2 years. It's my favorite tattoo.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Northstars Love »

Has anyone had any problems not being able to get a Nighty tatto? Some tatto artists will not do copyrighted characters and I just wondered if anyone has had a problem.

Nice tat Samurai! :D
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

That's great... has anyone ever seen that guy with all Disney character tatoos? He had Pooh bear and everything, was great
Samurai
Lubber
Lubber

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Samurai »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
Has anyone had any problems not being able to get a Nighty tatto? Some tatto artists will not do copyrighted characters and I just wondered if anyone has had a problem.

Nice tat Samurai! :D
Thanks man.
There's no legal issue with it, some artists may just believe that it's 'beneath' them to ink someone else's work.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Why'd you decide that pic of Nightcrawler?
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I need a NC tattoo

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by **Northstars Love**
That wasn't even brought up when I took the pictures in that I wanted done. One person wanted a few days to work on the design, but he didn't mention copyright at all.
Do you know what the actual law is as it pertains to tattoos?
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
That's great... has anyone ever seen that guy with all Disney character tatoos? He had Pooh bear and everything, was great
I heard of him. He came down here to Florida and went to Disney World and they kicked him out. A lot of my friends work there and some of our best customers came into the store to pick up their comics and told me about that as I was ringing them up. I forget what the logic was on Disney's behalf besides, you know, the evil. But yeah, Nighty tat. That rocks out loud.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
Samurai
Lubber
Lubber

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Samurai »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
Why'd you decide that pic of Nightcrawler?

I really like the gargoyle/priest thing he's got going on in that picture. The cool thing about Nightcrawler is the enigma of looking evil yet being exactly the opposite on the inside.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'd like to have a tatoo of Kurt like this Image BUT, as I've probably stated, I want another BAMF cloud somewhere else on my body.:bamf
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I need a NC tattoo

Post by BamfChyck »

When I got my tatoos, the artist first drew tham on some kind of special paper and then transferred the drawing to my skin, so it was sort of like tracing.
I would not recommend having a freehand tattoo done, just because a mistake could be very costly to fix.
Shadywhisk
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Shadywhisk »

I saw a guy with a Captain Britain tat on his leg this past summer. I commented to him how I loved Excalibur, and he said only about four people have ever mentioned that they knew who Cap was.
Owner of the Bamf-mobile - the next best thing to teleportation
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler Tattoo

Post by prettyminotaur »

http://www.inkalternative.com/kristats/nightcrawler.jpg

Found this on the web. I think I'm kind of jealous...only kind of, though... :shrug
Bamf, suckas!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

I need a NC tattoo

Post by HoodedMan »

Heh. Sometime soon I'm probably going to get an NC tattoo. I'm thinking on my right shoulder blade. If I do, I shall post pictures. Suggestions?
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

I need a NC tattoo

Post by idsunki »

If I were to get a Nightcrawler tattoo, I'd get a two-part one. One part would be him teleporting into a scene fists/feet flying, then on another part of my body there would be a BAMF cloud.

You're more than welcome to the idea, Northstar.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I thought there was already a thread like this.. I want a two-pary tattoo too.. one of his fully with the cloud in the background and another one of just the cloud and BAMF:bamf
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Cibo »

When I was 16 I thought about having the initals of my favourite star tatooed on my shoulder. Thank god that's over! Now I have already enough scars to remind me of my past, they are permanent as well. :rolleyes
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I need a NC tattoo

Post by kurt_the_quick »

heehee, awesome. I'm thinking of getting a tiny nightcrawler climbing my leg.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

I need a NC tattoo

Post by prettyminotaur »

Yay, thread merging! :-)

I'm tempted to get a Nighty tat...but I don't know...
Bamf, suckas!