I need a NC tattoo

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

I need a NC tattoo

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Well I do want a tatoo my self. If i ever can get the money to get for it. My will have NC and Dragon. I;m working on the skect for it still though. If it is going to be on mt skin permanent then i want to make sure it is well.

I likethe comic version of Kurt best. The pic above it good buti like more detail. Though means more time with the needle(sp).
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

I need a NC tattoo

Post by SmoothBamf »

I've been pondering over the idea of a Nightcrawler tat for quite some time now, and I think I want him on the inside of my left forearm, so I can always see it if I want to, and I can keep an eye on it while it's being done.

So did any of you get him tatooed yet? If so, please post them.

Thank you:bamf
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I need a NC tattoo

Post by BamfChyck »

I think all you would have to do is bring in a picture you like. I brought in the picture I wanted from the comic, and the artist took a day or two to draw it up for me. She had to make it a little smaller. I liked it, approved it, and she set it on me where I wanted it.

Have you had trouble finding an artist who seems compatable with what you want?

And, before anyone asks, I can't even figure out how to participate in chat, so my sister-in-law needs to help me post some pictures. It's on my thousand item to-do list.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I want a puff of smoke on my arm and Kurt surrounded in purple smoke on my back.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I need a NC tattoo

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I think I would get one of him crawling up my shoulder blade...or crawling down:naughty, or if not that, one by Alan Davis, swashbuckling pose on my shoulder, and maybe a little Bamf on the inside of my arm.

And If I really wanted it, that one pic of Him and Cerise Kissin' with a bamf cloud clearin' up under neath it since the pic isn't complete.(well she's kissin' him) I think that is my avvy right now...? It would take alot of ink and time, I'd get a small version on my arm or someplace that doesn't hurt so much.
one name: Bruce Campbell
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I need a NC tattoo

Post by BamfChyck »

I like that idea, but I'm the kind of person who would ask the artist to replace Cercise with me. If I were going to wear it on my body, I'd want ME to be who he's kissing.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I need a NC tattoo

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

LOL! Yeah, I see what ya mean...but I really love Cerise, she is my fave chick in the whole X-World and I really love the relationship between her and him. I'm pro-NC/Cerise, if you will :cerise +:), so naturally a want a tatoo of them both together.

But that is a cool idea, BamfChyck.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

I need a NC tattoo

Post by steyn »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
I think I would get one of him crawling up my shoulder blade...or crawling down
That's what I was thinking of getting after I lose weight (weird-ass reward), anyway, NC would be clawing at my skin with his feet and left hand and should be half turned in the upper body to face the viewer. Imagine a rockclimber, letting go with one hand and turned to face the view.

right shoulder of course.

BTW, found this kickass Carnage tattoo
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Gaz »

I'm getting a tattoo on my 18th birthday. I found one online that I LOVE so I'm getting it. This is it:

I love the simplicity of it and the angular spirals and such. It's just so cute. I also like this one, which is a tribal version of the Gemini symbol:

I wouldn't ever get a tattoo of a character or something like that, because over time it might not look as good or I might not be as enthusiastic about it as I was when I got it. That's why I want to get simple all-black tattoos that are of something that could work with all different styles and that isn't distracting or over-excessive.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I need a NC tattoo

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Gaz

I wouldn't ever get a tattoo of a character or something like that, because over time it might not look as good or I might not be as enthusiastic about it as I was when I got it. That's why I want to get simple all-black tattoos that are of something that could work with all different styles and that isn't distracting or over-excessive.
Gaz is teh smart. :kiss
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

My uncle said he'd bring me to get a tattoo on my 16th birthday, I want to get a Punisher skull
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I need a NC tattoo

Post by BamfChyck »

Where will you have it placed?
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Gaz »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Originally posted by Gaz

Gaz is teh smart. :kiss
Thank you :kiss You are teh hot!

;)

I've always had obsessions, some short lived, other I've kept for years, but no matter how long my obsession last, you always grow out of it enough to not desire it inked onto your body. I bet if you asked me four years ago if I wanted a JTHM tattoo, I would say yes, but now, I would be a bit more reluctant. I think its cool if you guys want to get tattoos, just make sure you REALLY like the design and know you'll like it in the future. I think a 75 year old woman with an X-Man tattoo would be a bit odd. And make sure you know your artist well. This summer I saw some really crappy tattoos (subject matter and drawing talent) and I know that anyone would regret a scbribbly Tigger on their shoulder (honest to god.) So please, people, think of the childeren. Er.......think of....whatever point I was trying to make.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I need a NC tattoo

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I know what you mean...I always picture my grandmother with a tatoo and start busting up, but I really want one and am ready to face consequences (wearing it forever and ever, or having it removed for thousands of dollars and having a really ugly scar left behind) Besides, what's better than remembering the past by just looking in the mirror.:)
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I need a NC tattoo

Post by BamfChyck »

Originally posted by Gaz
I think a 75 year old woman with an X-Man tattoo would be a bit odd.
Well, In a few more years, that'll be me.

I suppose I've always been a bit odd.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I need a NC tattoo

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
Besides, what's better than remembering the past by just looking in the mirror.:)
Remembering the past by just thinking about it?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I need a NC tattoo

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

But as you get older your memory starts to fade (as if mine weren't already) and it gets harder to remember.

Cheer up DS, no pouts *looks a DS's mood*:kiss
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Gaz »

I think its cool to want to preserve your memory, but putting a design you are not positive that you will be passionate about is like carving your initials into the Venus de Milo. You may think its gonna look great, but it will be there forever and you may regret it later. I'm not trying to talk you out of it. I'm just saying why I would never get a tattoo of something that may turn out to be a temporary obsession.

BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I need a NC tattoo

Post by BamfChyck »

That's a good point and I agree, for the most part. But I knew this Nightcrawler thing wasn't temporary for me when I made the choices I did. I like my tattoos still.

I also learned how to take care of my tattoos properly, so they are still in great condition with very little feathering.

My dermatologist, who I was seeing for a completely non-tattoo related issue, told me he could remove my tatoos with minimal scarring. So they are not as "forever" as they used to be, and I think it would be safe to anticipate that tattoo removal technology will probably advance as the years go by. People who want one removed probably have that option, although I doubt it would be covered by insurance.

And remember--friends don't let friends get tattooed drunk!
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Sundown »

I got a Nightcrawler tattoo when I was 19 (about 14 years ago)...it looked good for the first 5 years then started to fade really bad. (It was just a small upright tat, kind of a challanging stance.) I got it touched up, than a bamf cloud added later. It faded yet again...really yucky looking....a swamp green Nighty is not very pretty. My husband talked me into getting it covered, and getting another one somewhere else. I'm still looking for a design. I'm not sure if it will be a Davis or a Robertson yet. (The first was one of Dave's.) I'm leaning towards Robertson at the moment for general detail reasons.
Anyway, my point in sharing is this:
1) Be careful who you get to do it and pay attention to what ink they use...standard blue ink fades to green, so it might be better to add some black or purple to the design when they put it on.
2) Even with the fading, I never regretted my tat. I'm a "grown up" now, with kids, a job and a mortgage but even so, I know it is all important to keep hold of at least one tiny little part of your inner child....you know, something that can still give you that child-like delight just for being....my thing is Nightcrawler. I've been crazy about the character since the first time I saw him, about 1981.
And by the way, I think a grandma with a comic book tat would be a cool grandma to have....shows she isn't afraid to be different.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

I need a NC tattoo

Post by DeeJay »

I want a tattoo of Nightcrawler in a pose like this:

But I prefer his original uniform. Also a more handsome face with a better hairstyle. I know its picky but I figure it's gonna be on my body for life, so perfection isn't that unreasonable to ask for. :)
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Maelstrom »

If color fading is an issue, how about finding a good black and white version? Use cross-hatching instead of color for shading? Less expensive, less time and effort, and less prone to turning green. :sick

I personally would have loved it if my grandma had a good tat. She was a cabaret dancer in her youth, so I guess that's as close to a "naughty, exciting past" as I was allowed for my gramma. ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Samurai
Lubber
Lubber

I need a NC tattoo

Post by Samurai »

I've got a Nightcrawler tat.

BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I need a NC tattoo

Post by BamfChyck »

Beautiful!

How did you go about finding an artist you were happy with? How many sessions did it take to be completed? How long have you had it?
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I need a NC tattoo

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

How long did that take?:shocked