Nighty's Girls

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nighty's Girls

Post by Harlekein »

Husk and Kurt? Now that is one I really have to disagree on. A factor is off course age as well as...just no. A simple no
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nighty's Girls

Post by kurtlover »

Well as Dave and Slart i will love to see Kurt and Meggan together! they had too much "tension" togethere :D and about Wanda and Kurt, it freaks me out a little, dumping a witch and ending with another??? mmmm i guess he needs someone new.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nighty's Girls

Post by Bamfette »

i think both Kitty and Meggan would be very cool. but Meggan is spoken for right now, and Kitty wont be going anywhere near Uncanny from the sounds of it so there goes that idea :( we'll have to make do wiht Unlimited #38 as far as Kitty and Kurt go for the time being.

so yeah, i am still thinking Cecilia would be a nice pairing...
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nighty's Girls

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Meggan would get my vote.
I liked Amanda, I always thought that they made a nice couple.
I never saw the Ororo as a possible girlfriend for Kurt.
But what I would really love to see is Kurt in a long well written relationship with anyone, even a new character. Kurt need a woman to love, not another flirt!
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nighty's Girls

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

well written tho generally means a series of writers who won't screw it up for sales reasons... I know that not all writers are like that but being a media student I do know that the industry, like any other, is run by money... a long well written relationship would be hard to do... but it would be so worth it if they could...
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Nighty's Girls

Post by Slarti »

If they come up with a popular enough pairing, it'd work and be profitable. Look at Jean and Scott! Now, they're not always well-written, but I'd say they're done well more than not, and they are popular characters in the No. 1 comic! Yeah, I know Morrison is breaking them up, but that's not where the fascination begins and ends. People love a good love story, agnst and all.

Quality begets money, money begets quality.
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Nighty's Girls

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Well, they could do as they did with Mary Jane (kill her once or twice)... But you're right, it's just that for me it would make more sense. Think about it, he came from that priest-thing, a character-moulding period of his life, he isn't the teenager that we all loved anymore, it doesn't seems to make sense if now he re-starts flirting every single women that he meets!!!
The way I see it he would start seaching for a woman, more, for a serious relationship, for that ideal catholic family (Father-Demon-look-alike, Mother-Witch, Children-Football-fans).
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Nighty's Girls

Post by Dark Bamf »

As for a Kurt-Kitty pairing--I mentioned that I had some of that in one of my sketchbooks, and I got a lot of anguished cries of outrage. Evidently many Nightscrawlers consider them to be brother and sister.

I've played with a Kurt-Ororo pairing a lot, too. That's a lot of fun.

:bamf:
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nighty's Girls

Post by Harlekein »

Yeah I saw your Kurt/Ororo sketch and it rocked! Image I still would like to see those 2 in a short fling, only a date would be enough...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nighty's Girls

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf
As for a Kurt-Kitty pairing--I mentioned that I had some of that in one of my sketchbooks, and I got a lot of anguished cries of outrage. Evidently many Nightscrawlers consider them to be brother and sister.

he's ALREADY dated his foster sister, this is no worse. he atleast hasn't grown up wiht Kitty :p i am all for a Kitty/Kurt pairing, and no one say he's too old for her. she dated Pete Wisdom who i think was older than Kurt. Kurt's not even 10 years older than her, just 8. that's not bad. it would have been when she was still 13... but she's a big girl now, all grown up!
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nighty's Girls

Post by Sundown »

Ok, I know this is an older topic, but I just got here and I gotta put my two cents worth down on this one.....
I'd like to see him with a love interest now that he's getting out of the priest gig, but I don't really like any existing characters as possible matches.
I was never fond of the Amanda as his foster sister-now-lover idea. That was just.....bothersome.
Cerise was a good temporary match. I liked the portrayal of the naive alien learning about lip massages, etc. She, in her literal and serious way of looking at situations, was a perfect "straight man"(woman) to his humor. However, that would've gotten old had it lasted much longer. There's only so much possibility for an interesting relationship with a Spock-like personality.
The most well written of his romances was with Meggan, and that wasn't really a romance. I liked the way his inner thoughts were brought out....during this, he said (and I'm paraphrasing) that Meggan's powers made her turn into all that he desired, (and that was a female version of himself).
That brings me to my thoughts on pairing him with a "normal". Normals are going to be written as supporting characters. If anyone wants to see an actual Kurt romance storyline (like Scott and Jean), the character would have to be an interesting stand alone as well as a good match. I think that was the appeal of Scott/Jean, Kitty/Pete Wisdom, Kitty/Colossus. And while a relationship with someone normal would show that yes, he does have a place somewhere other than in mutant society, how would it mesh with his ideal woman thoughts? To take Meggan's empathic reading of Kurt's desires a step further (beyond her appearance), is this ideal someone that was so different she could understand his point of view....the feeling of being labeled a freak, but wanting to belong. Would she be someone who goes laughing through life with a broken heart hiding underneath?
I'd like to see him with someone that will bring out both his humor and his angst, that will compliment his current deeper chara
cter development.
Those are just my thoughts on it.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Nighty's Girls

Post by Elwing »

Crazy idea, but what if Austen is secretly planning Nurse Annie to hook up with him? It makes sense: She's in love with Havok, who will inevitably wake up some time. He may not be what she hoped for, and she will need a shoulder to cry on. It will be interesting to see how she reacts on the more outrageous x-men anyway, and if she does a "Kitty Pryde" on Kurt, he will have a strong incentive to try and make her a friend.
Wierd romantic guy, normal romantic chick. It could happen...

...just a personal pet theory, never mind;)
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nighty's Girls

Post by Bamfette »

hmmm..... interesting theory! *ponders some more* I like it! :D

i have a feeling she isn't too keen on mutants in general. not hate them, but... just some little things she said. like referring to Xaviers school as 'that mutant hideaway' and seemed very surprised Havok was a mutant. but i think she jsut doesn't know a whole lot about them or is uninformed. so i think she probably *would* pull a 'kitty' on Kurt and be pretty weirded out by him at first.... hmmm..... i like Annie, i could go for that :)
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nighty's Girls

Post by Harlekein »

Yeah Annie and Kurt sounds cool! She should become a regular supporting character and then she pulls "kitty" on Kurt, they get closer every issue in which she appears.....;)
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Nighty's Girls

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Man I need to reply to too much!:o
Okay. The Kurt Kitty thing. I've said it before and I'll say it agin. I do NOT want to see them together! It's just I dunno. It's partly because they're like brother and sister, but it's just the way they act toward eachother, it's more like they're friends with no attraction to the point of wanting to get together, like even they would both think it was weird for them to date! Nighty doesn't really flirt with her in the way he does with most girls. I can't explain it. They're friends, like brother and sister, whatever you want to say, I just don't want them romantically paired!:P
As for Amanda...Don't get me started. I'll just say that whole thing is really erky to me, but what's more I do not care for her personality, and that's all I'm going to say about that.
I do see Ororo and Kurt making a great couple, but not Meggan or Paige. The former is Bri's girl and the latter is Jono's (okay not anymore, but she should be;))!
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nighty's Girls

Post by Harlekein »

I'm still keeping to my Ororo/Kurt. They're both passionate and caring. One is a goddes, the other a "misfit". They would be great together!
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Nighty's Girls

Post by Dark Bamf »

I never cared for Amanda myself. I told Chris that once, and he said 'Well, you created her'. I said 'HUH?' And he said 'you drew her in the openig scenes of X-Men #98'.

I told him 'Chris, I just drew a couple of anonymous girls. You're the one who turned her into Amanda. And I don't think Amanda's good enough for him'.

'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nighty's Girls

Post by kurtlover »

amen!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Nighty's Girls

Post by Slarti »

LOL! No, Amanda's not good enough! She's never been developed, and what she was developed into (Magik II) was stupid!

Ororo/Kurt- I like the idea of these two together, and I'm waiting with bated breath for Bamfchickie's Kurt/Ro story, since that'll be the only way we'll get to see them together!

Kitty/Kurt- I've said before, I'm ambivalent about the whole thing myself. That's why I decided to write my fic on them -- just to see how it felt.

Sundown (welcome, BTW!) does have a good point, but I think it would do the X-books good to have a few more supportive, non-mutant characters! Leading to...

Annie/Kurt- Hmmmm.... That could work....
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Nighty's Girls

Post by Bamfette »

i am definately warming up to the Annie/Kurt pairing... besides there are little things in 411 that kinda sorta point to it... she wonders if Havok speaks another language so the one she tries is.... German. they read the tabloids and makes reference to a monkey-boy (ok ok that one is a stretch.. but 'monkey boy' is usually tabloid talk for a guy with a tail)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Nighty's Girls

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Originally posted by Harlekein
Husk and Kurt? Now that is one I really have to disagree on. A factor is off course age as well as...just no. A simple no
ok ok, it's my fream, not NIghty's :laugh:
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
silvermouse
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nighty's Girls

Post by silvermouse »

I like the thought of him with Annie. Almost as much as the thought of him with Ororo...or me...ah well, I can always dream!
"We don't need another hero, we don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome." "Words fail, buildings tumble, the ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven, she stands before my eyes. She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me."
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nighty's Girls

Post by Sundown »

Ok, so its not an old thread....the new girl looked at the date wrong. Heh.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the idea of Amanda. Maybe she won't creep back into the picture.
I just hope if they decide to pair him up, that its written well. I don't want to see just a token girlfriend.
Done with style, writing in a relationship can really bring out a character's personality and thoughts on things other than having to save the world from time to time.
I also don't want to see him go back to just being the flirtatious comic relief either.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nighty's Girls

Post by kurtlover »

Welcome Sundown! btw just thinking on Kurt an Amanda together again makes me feel bored and dull, and i think he's big enough for playing with his "sister" like that :P
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Nighty's Girls

Post by Nandireya »

I'm not a big fan of the :bamf:/:kitty: pairing...but I don't see the age difference as a factor...Kurt's only a year older than :colossus:...

Personally...I think Kurt needs to be on his own for a while. Yeah, I know, as a priest he's been alone for quite some time, but his exit from the priesthood, for whatever reason Chuck comes up with, is gonna have a lasting effect on him...

He has to find himself as an individual before he can find himself as part of a couple...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D