Guess who's the new team leader in Uncanny ?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Yep, that's right : Kurt Wagner is finally the leader of the Uncanny team. :)

I was kinda sad Storm wasn't part of the roster anymore, but if Kurt gets the leadership, it's not THAT bad.
What do you think ?
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Hope that means we'll actually see more of our favorite fuzzy blue stranger!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

Well, it means he's getting another shot at team leader. He hasn't had a very good track record of running an X-Men team. In Excalibur he was fine, both runs as leader of the X-Men have been less than stellar, however.

This also means that Claremont is going to be including him more often. Sigh.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Yep Idsunki. I SO hope Claremont will remember what an incredible character Nightcrawler is.

That was perhap's the only thing during Austen's run that left me really disappointed : The leader/not leader subplot for Kurt.
Since he isn't one of the most powerful member of the team, this place suits him well. Also, it shows he's a clever guy.
www.atlantys.biz

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Bloody AWESOME. Here's to seeing much more of our favourite blue elf. :beer
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by prettyminotaur »

HELL YEAH!!!! :D
Bamf, suckas!
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

The new Uncanny team is almost my dream team, now if they'd just replace Wolverine with Storm... I thought there might be a good chance NC would become team leader and now it has really happenend. :)
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

:bamf Huzzah for Nightcrawler!! This is really good news and it almost makes up for Nightcrawler being cancelled
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Cheers! Orders some pints of German beer :beer
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Great..good..awesome..nice.. yes..yes..

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

In the latest Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe thingy it lists all the X-Men, their current status and what team they belong to...it says Wolverine's on Cyclops' team...there's no mention of any other team...I guess it's too much to hope for that he'll just stay on Cyclops' team...

The first time Kurt was Uncanny team leader he was appointed by Xavier himself...Chuck had more faith in Kurt than Kurt had in himself...

He led Excalibur well (though somewhat reluctantly…he did it ‘cos there was no one else)...but when he came back to the X-Men, well, maybe it was that big fish thing...he'd been a big fish in Excalibur, it was HIS team...but the X-Men are Chuck's team(s), maybe he didn't feel worthy...and of course he was juggling it with his priestly studies…

Now? Who knows…Betsy already said he’s capable, but it costs him to lead…maybe Cyclops appointed him this time? It’s interesting to note that every time Kurt’s led the Uncanny team it’s because Storm’s buggered off (when she lost her powers, went off to find Destiny’s diaries, strolling around Africa at Marvel’s decree)…

:mad "For God's sake, woman! How often do I have to clean up your messes?"
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I was thinking Bishop would've been team leader, but I'm glad Kurt got the position:D:bamf
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by Nandireya

He led Excalibur well (though somewhat reluctantly…he did it ‘cos there was no one else)...but when he came back to the X-Men, well, maybe it was that big fish thing...he'd been a big fish in Excalibur, it was HIS team...but the X-Men are Chuck's team(s), maybe he didn't feel worthy...and of course he was juggling it with his priestly studies…

Now? Who knows…Betsy already said he’s capable, but it costs him to lead…maybe Cyclops appointed him this time? It’s interesting to note that every time Kurt’s led the Uncanny team it’s because Storm’s buggered off (when she lost her powers, went off to find Destiny’s diaries, strolling around Africa at Marvel’s decree)…
I almost totally agree with you, LOL.
For me, Kurt has quickly become the natural leader of Excalibur. He had to "grow up" because he thought the X-Men dead.

But it's true that, back to the X-Men he probably felt intimidated.
I sure hope he will discover he's gifted for this task too.
As I said, he isn't the most powerful member of the team, so being the leader, the brain for all these powers, is an interesting role for him.
www.atlantys.biz

StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Hokay, I guess I am glad I picked the right comic to order from Marvel this time...:D

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Diablo
As I said, he isn't the most powerful member of the team, so being the leader, the brain for all these powers, is an interesting role for him.
He's actually the most intelligent member of the team...according to the official profiles he’s got an intelligence level of 3 (learned) whereas every other member (including Storm) rate a 2 (normal)…the only other recent Uncanny member to match him was Sage…but smart doesn’t necessarily mean ‘capable leader’…Cyclops leads a team with two geniuses in it…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by elfofdoom »

it probly to make up for cancling his solo serise :(
D.croft