Nightcrawler wanted?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by DeeJay »

I was looking through some marvel profiles and read up on Nightcrawler when I found this:

Legal Status: Citizen of Germany with a criminal record in the United States, later overturned by the courts; still wanted internationally as an outlaw

So what did he do that was criminally wrong?
Karl-XMB
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by Karl-XMB »

This is quite interesting HERE
Karl.
XMB Assistant Support Manager
XMB Administrator
http://www.xmbforum.com
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Karl-XMB
This is quite interesting HERE
That IS interesting...though it makes Kurt way older than he looks...

As to what Kurt is wanted for...beats the heck outta me...though it's widely believed that his US conviction is related to the X-Men's 'attack' on Cheyenne Mountain where the Hellion Empath used his power to alter peoples' emotional states to send Kurt berserk...it was a big revenge thing concocted by Warpath who blamed them all for Thunderbird's (his big brother) death...I have no idea what the international warrant is for...

[Edited on 19-2-2006 by Nandireya]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I would've thought it was for Stefan's death, but I'm not too sure about Kurt's full history..
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Is it possible you had read a profile for Movie Nightcrawler?? In that case it makes sense....

Otherwise :?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by HoodedMan »

That is indeed interesting, Karl. I remember reading a book that used that theory of his childhood as its foundation. Good stuff for fanfics. More theories about Kurt's father! :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by DeeJay »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
Is it possible you had read a profile for Movie Nightcrawler?? In that case it makes sense....

Otherwise :?
No, its the 616 version.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

He hasn't done anything except be a member of a terrorist group. (aka "The X-Men" ;))
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by Cibo »

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe X-Men 2004 says:
Citizenship: Germany with no criminal record; criminal record in United States of America (overturned by courts)
(So no "still wanted internationally as an outlaw" at least in there.) I wonder how someone like Emma Frost, Gambit or Wolverine can be citizens "with no criminal record" and Beast, Bishop, Cyclops, Havok, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Polaris, Xavier, Shadowcat, Rogue, Sage and Storm, too- but NC has been a criminal... weird.
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by kurt_the_quick »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
I would've thought it was for Stefan's death, but I'm not too sure about Kurt's full history..
that's what I thought as well...
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nightcrawler wanted?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by kurt_the_quick
Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
that's what I thought as well...
It can't be because 1) He killed Stefan in GERMANY which would not give him an American record and 2) well, the first reason was enough, but the second reason would be that he was never convicted. :P
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir