Nandireya, I need your help!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

There is a pic in the gallery where Kurt is hiding behind a gargoyle saying a prayer, and thinking about how he has been...glup! :faint ...shot by an arrow, of all things! And wondering why he was targeted, and that the weapon was not that of a street thug! What is the series, and when did that take place so I can get it?? Huh?? Please??

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Wow! That is a really well drawn pic! I hadn't seen that before :D

I reemember reading the story where that happens. The arrow comes from the Neo. They ambush him in a church and one shoots him in the back while he's praying. Kurt manages to teleport away, but he's badly hurt, so he tracks down one of the few medical professionals he can trust, Cecilia Reyes, and she hides him in a half-way house for awhile. But, Kurt refuses to stay still because he has some friends who need his help - so they go off to rescue them together.

That was either an Uncanny or X-men book that came out a few years ago (before the Draco). It may have been the one that had the splash page of Nightcrawler dressed as a priest and basking in the Glory of the church. (But, I'm not sure :shrugs)

Edited to add: Found it! X-men (second series #100) :)

[Edited on 18/3/06 by chicory]
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

Sigh! Thank you for trying, Chicory, and being helpful enough to put up a link to the picture in the gallery! I shoul've done that myself! Does anyone else have an idea where it is from? I am salivating now to find out!

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

X-Men #100 - #103…part of the ‘Revolution’ thing of 2000. There’s some pretty major things happening in that series…it’s the first time we see Kurt in his priestly garb…the first hint that there might have been something between him and Cecilia if it hadn’t been for that priestly garb…the first appearance of the hugely unpopular Thunderbird 3…Psylocke’s power switch…the disappearance of Shadowcat…the first (and only, I think) time Kurt’s multiple ‘port technique is called ‘Mr Toad’s Wild Ride’…Sage coming into the X-Men…and Rogue becoming leader…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by StarChild »

Wow, that is a lotta stuff! Thanks to you and Chicory, I now know what to search for the next time I go comics shopping!