New Photos

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
thayr
Lubber
Lubber

New Photos

Post by thayr »

Here are a couple photos of me as Nightcrawler and my best mate as Spiderman!
(I photoshopped the eyes yellow, but I really am blue) We hit the streets that night for Hollywood Halloween on Santa Monica Blvd.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

New Photos

Post by Angelique »

As always, Thayr, the pictures you post here impress me. Nice job.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

New Photos

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

WOW
how long did it take you to do all that
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

New Photos

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Very nice.. please keep us posted on any new appearances of you and your superhero friends:bamf
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

New Photos

Post by idsunki »

That's too awesome! I've always thought Spider-Man and Nightcrawler would make a good team up. Good to see you still doing your thing.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
x___bamf!
Lubber
Lubber

New Photos

Post by x___bamf! »

WOW! that looks awsome!
Baby_Nighty
Lubber
Lubber

New Photos

Post by Baby_Nighty »

wow that's pretty good!!i wonder how long it took you to make it!!
Lynnieburd
Lubber
Lubber

New Photos

Post by Lynnieburd »

oh man, that's awesome...what's the blue paint?
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

New Photos

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja Lynnieburd
oh man, that's awesome...what's the blue paint?

From another thread of Thayr's
Alkuperäinen postittaja thayr
I'm looking into posing for photos as Nightcrawler, I'll be graciously accepting donations. The expense of doing might be a bit much... $50 for an eye exam, $90 for coloured contacts, $50 airbrushing my face blue. I tried face-paint but it would smear, rub onto the collar of my costume, and it had a 'wet' look to it. I'm wondering if I'll be able to make any profit from this endeavor. This will be on Hollywood Blvd.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on cutting down on the cost of everything?
Alkuperäinen postittaja Saint Kurt
I'm curious as to where you got the $50 price tag for having your makeup airbrushed. If that's an estimate for you purchasing makeup and equipment, you're way too low unfortunately. If that's a price someone quoted you to do your make up, I'd say they're ripping you off. For comic book Nightcrawler, without the scars, even if I did some shading I'd charge like $10 plus materials (around $4). $50 is a lot of money to hose you down with blue paint. Or are they going to do things like style your hair too?

Since you don't have the scars to deal with you do have the option of using a brush. If you're interested, I can recommend several different products and sealants that will give you an airbrush look for a fraction of the price. Ben Nye is my favorite and it is very reasonable. There are others too, all of them used by pros, that will look good and won't wreck your costume. They are what my friends who do monster characters use when I'm not around to airbrush them and they look pretty damn good. For Nightcrawler an airbrush is NOT a necessity.

(That "wet" stuff was probably grease paint that hadn't been powdered. It needs to be set with a translucent powder or else it comes right off.)