Lose the Collar, Kurt- Club Thread

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

This is the thread devoted to the lose the collar, Kurt club. In addition to general griping about abuses of Kurt's character, we also have another important mission- figure out who the members are!

The club was off to a slow start, then rocketed, and I forgot who the members were. If you see a member on X-Fan, help me fill in the blanks.

Honorary President: Dave Cockrum
Founder: Nightcrawler-0
#2: Bamfette
#3: Dredweezul
#4: Harlekein
#5: Abyss
#6: Morriscat
#7: Slarti
#8: Mikey G
#9: CurtWarner
#10: Mapsei
#11: Nytie
#12: littleBlueLucy
#13: kurtlover
#14: kay
*note from Bamfette - i just updated the list.. :D sorry jsut keeping it up to date ;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Um...isn't he about to lost the collar any way? :huh:

That means...WE WIN! :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

I, harlekein was no. 4 of the club.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

yes, we WON! :p but anyway, those of us in the club should maybe make the club name a link to this thread in our sigs at X-Fan?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

well, as glad as I am to see he's losing the pressure, I don't want him to lose his religious tolerance, I mean jeez, He'd be scary! Anyone seen signs. When you drop from a devout christian to a everything is explained, god isn't real person, that fast...welll, things get stuffed into this small box, along with you, and the pressure can become worse. I wonder how he'll deal with it, and who will be thie first he flips out on! (I hope not wolvy.) { say flip out on, because, he's going to lose sight of things, I know it..}
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i wouldn't say that Bamfman! having religion does not automatically make you more stable or anything... if he leaves it will be his own decision and therefore he will be ok with the decision to leave (for the most part) in short, i very very very much doubt he will 'flip out' on anyone, he is far too level headed for that, wether he is religious or not.
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

I always see Kurt as the stable, cool guy, one not to flip out easily and I don't think this will cause him to flip either except maybe through some hoops ;)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

true, but I don't like the cover..(Sppoky) and in 409, the nightmares. I agree religion doesn't make someone level, i totally agree, but you have to think about it like this. If it's been something that's a part of him for his whole life, and he just puts away? Did they say why yet? I eman, when you haven't been...example....example....ok! You've been writing comics for years, years, you love it, you can't get enough of it, then, you get a stroke and your left side is paralyzed, (Write withh left hand) Can you just walk away, wouldn't i be hars. Religion has been Nightcrawlrs extra extra appendage. IT's kept him stable through horific events, and if he just tosses it, for a reason like family, or origin, it might be too much too fast, I'm just saying. I'm not telling, just guessing.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I don't see Kurt as loosing his religion entirely. He may become disatisfied with the church hierarchy or something. I don't think Kurt should lose his religion, as it is an important part of him. I simply don't like how the Priesthood has turned him into the Anti-Kurt.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

true, i don't think he'd leave the religion entirely either...

what i was trying to say is, him leaving the priesthood (wether that includes leaving behind the entire religion is yet to be seen, but as mentioned i doubt it) will be his DECISION. it will not be like an accident and he is forced to leave, he will DECIDE to leave, so why would he 'flip out' because of something he decided himself?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

well, like I said before, you never know. And I agree, about the priest hood thing, he will leave that, and most likely, not the church itself. But I wonder if he'll feel Like he can't go back. I'm jsut trying to come up with stories I guess.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Dunno if it's been mentioned anywhere...but Previews has a different blurb for #415...

The X-Men might be injured...but that doesn't mean the action can't come to them! Plus, Nightcrawler wrestles with his inner demons.

Certainly makes the cover fit...

But what inner demons? What's bothering him? He's just seen two mutants (Tom and Warren) go through secondary mutations...is he worried something's gonna happen to him too?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

Unless Chuck has some thing more dramatic (traumatic?) planned for our favorite fuzzy guy, I imagine that Kurt will come to the rather logical conclusion that the Priesthood is just not for him, that it was just something that he had to try and that whether he likes it or not, he will never be able to stop being Nightcrawler. He will likely go through some rough moments of giving up his "dream" of a peaceful existance where he serves the will of God, but in the end, some other greater need or desire will pull him away from it, I imagine that Chuck has some plans for Kurt to have a love interest or two, I just hope that they make sense.

I think that Kurt will keep his faith, but that his perceptions of what "God" is will change some, and as usual, he will land on his big blue feet just fine...thats just my thoughts of the moment on the subject and they may change as I learn more of what Chuck has planned.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

Me, I don't want him to lose the entire religion which I'll doubt he will. I think he'll just go back to the Kurt before the Priest thing yet a little different.
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Betablue »

This will probably offend a certain percentage of our viewing audience, but I'm feeling slappy:

Didn't Austen say something about the resolution of Kurt's church thang being a potential source of anger? irritation? gol-DARN IT annoyance for devoutly religious folks? Well, as I was mowing the swamp t'day with the motorless Mini-Beast, this popped into my noggin:

Cecilia Reyes shows up to keep a doctorly eye on Alex Summers, who's been alter-dimensioned and subjected to a miniseries that spun WAYYYY out of control. The guy has a right to be catatonic. And he is.

She just happens to be PREGNANT OUT TO THERE. Ahem.

"Kurt," she says to Nightcrawler, who is naturally splendid at looking splendidly blank-eyed, "do you remember when you got shot and we were hiding in that church basement with those dopey Claremont cliche villains after us--?"

Blankly: "Uhhh, not really--"

"Right. Trick question. You were pretty delirious."

"Erm, ja."

She's probably unpacking a whole labsworth of doctor stuff while this goes on. But even though it's a pretty placid activity, THE DESIGNATED MARVEL ARTIST will do his darndest to make it look like an old Batman TV episode crossed with the latest Jet Li film. MINI AUTOCLAVE! POSE! STERILE PIPETTES! BIFF!

"So, I guess what I'm saying," says Dr. Reyes, "is, did you ever have one of those oh-my-gosh-we're-gonna-die-so-maybe-I-should-get-it-on-with-the-delirious-but-HOLY-HANNAH-HE'S-HOT-blue-furry-demon-guy experiences?"

Kurt, who was lost after the third hyphen, shakes his head. "No--"

"I did. Guess what?"

SHOTGUN WEDDING! Next time on X-Men: The Next Generation....

Blame it on the mower, folks.
Harlekein
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Harlekein »

Betablue: That's funny IMO but I don't think that should happen!
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

N/Z I want to join your club but I can't figure out how to message you on X-Fan. I'm sorry but why don't you just say okay you're member number whatever now so I can add it to my X-Fan signature already?!
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

betablue - :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

i doubt it will happen, but... eh, i can think of worse scenarios ;)
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Originally posted by Bamfette
betablue - :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

i doubt it will happen, but... eh, i can think of worse scenarios ;)
Yup, like...
caption:"Six Months Later...."
Kurt: "Well, I'm not a priest anymore.. or priest-in-training, or whatever the hell I was. And now that that's all over, I think I'll never talk about it, or any of my motivations regarding it, ever again."
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Betablue »

Can we swing it just a bit this way?

After the "Six Months Later":

Four or so page-wide panels of Kurt *painfully* regaining consciousness amid a muddle of empty Dunkel Dunkel bottles. He's wearing white boxer shorts with yellow smiley faces on them. He's also wearing a fringed lampshade on his head. He sits up and feels his head--more accurately, he feels the lampshade--and groans, "What the hell happened?" Someone--could be Logan, in jeans and a t-shirt that was probably pretty clean before Hurricane Party hit--replies, "Yer fanclub showed up, elf. 'Fraid they took off with yer collar." To which Kurt replies muzzily, "What? What collar--?" Logan chuckles, picking up empties. "Never mind, kid. Get ya some aspirin?"

(I WAS just kidding with the Reyes thing, y' know. Somehow Marvel's got me in the habit of taking worst case scenarios and turning them to "eleven." Big winks all 'round.)
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Are you all saying the whole priest thing is some sort of dillusion in a way ( bear with me. I came in late.:P Well I left and came back much later. It ammounts to pretty much the same thing on this board:laugh: )? Anyway the scenarios are funny Beta, even that first one!:laugh:
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Phil Hunn
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Phil Hunn »

Originally posted by Betablue

SHOTGUN WEDDING! Next time on X-Men: The Next Generation....
Shotgun wedding in the style of... Triple H, perhaps? :D

*Cecelia and Bobby are at the altar, ready to exchange their vows. Suddenly, Nightcrawler bursts into the chapel, all fired up and ready to bust some heads*

Kurt: Ach! Mein Gott! This wedding cannot be allowed to continue!

Bobby: And why is that, Kurt?

Kurt: Because... I... Am... The Fuzzy Elf! And Cecelia is already married to someone!

*gasps of disbelief from all concerned*

No, really. Look at this.

*Kurt stands with his arms folded as grainy footage flashes up on the projector screen of a wedding chapel and an unconscious Cecelia, virtually tied to Kurt's arm*

See? She married me after I drugged her and dragged her off! Hah! Mein Gott, I'm good.

Cecelia: Wait... I never did that! It's all lies, Bobby, I swear!

Kurt: Oh, but you did do it, mein Leibchen. And now... you are all mine!

*Kurt saunters down the aisle, armed with a sledgehammer and a set of ludicrously over-developed muscles*

Bobby: You won't get away with this, Kurt!

Kurt: Watch me.

*he jumps up on the altar, spreads his hands wide above his head and spits water in a wide fountain as the church's lights all focus on him*

Ahh, it's good to be me...

Cecelia: You know, you're right - I think you're much better than that loser Bobby. Let's run away together...

*Author's Note: I know Kurt isn't really as much of a spotlight-hog as Triple H (he hasn't had the title of World Champion bestowed on him merely for being a freakishly overmuscled glass-ceiling creator, for a start ;)), but I couldn't resist being silly...

Oh, and I just cannot resist putting this smiley into my first message here: :bets:

X-Fan patrons will know why... :D
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Okay...... I'm looking through my pm's on x-fan, and I think I have a list of members now:

Honorary President: Dave Cockrum
Founder: Nightcrawler-0
#2: Bamfette
#3: Dredweezul
#4: Harlekein
#5: Abyss
#6: Morriscat
#7: Slarti
#8: Mikey G

And here's where it gets tricky.. Where I forgot if I had 6 or 8 members. These people are being PM'd to have their numbers changed.

7 (Changing to 9): CurtWarner
8 (Changing to 10): Mapsei
9 (Changing to 11): Nytie

Well, that's the "Lose the collar, Kurt" Club. I'll be adding all members to my "Buddy List" on X-Fan.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

and littleBlueLucy wants to be #12... like she's been saying the whole thread :p

and everyone.. to help promo the the club AND Nightscrawlers at the same time, can we change the bit to add to our sigs to this?

'Loose The Collar, Kurt' Club member #??
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

She have an X-Fan name? I'll add her to the list